Crowd

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Hardy1

Just looked at the report online, that is a pretty poor effort from Daggers fans (myself included). 1300 home fans for what some may call the Daggers biggest game of the season. Bordering on embarrassing.
Mike the Dagger

Were you there? Did it feel like there were less in the home end than on the Saturday v Scunthorpe when there were apparently 1,500 home fans?

The Carling was pretty full (800), so that leaves us with just 500 in the rest of the ground.

Hmmmm!
dagger4eva

Hmm indeed. Account for say between 70-100 behind the goal that means there was APPARANTLY just 400 approx in the sieve. If we are going to be "creative" at least lets try to make it look believable!
ARNU

There were plenty of empty seats in the carling and the family stand maybe only a quarter full.Bet there wasn't much more than 50 in the Bury road end and less when it rained.I am not at all surprised.All I can say is I was there,dont blame me.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Our crowds down the Vic always seem to be the very bottom in League 2 week in week out, real shame because obviously being in Hammer territory might be a slight disadvantage but I've got to know several boys from the Boleyn and can still push the boat out with a score and watch us, seen them sometimes away too. Cant quite figure out why big areas like Romford, Barking & Dagenham cant muster up more, we always hear from the media about supporting local clubs. When we hit League 1 they were not much better either, what more can we do? Were never going to sign someone who can add on 2 to 3,000. Travel round trip 70 odd miles to enjoy this little club through thick and thin, would never ever return to premiership (Well League 1 when I knew it!) and getting the tube going home on 'the occasional great result' is something you really enjoy, talk about for ages and never forget.
HogansHeros

I couldn't go as it was a school night. Daft to play big derbies mid week and why can't the football league schedule more midweek games in school holidays? Half term is coming up and there's no games
matt_drfc

HogansHeros wrote:I couldn't go as it was a school night. Daft to play big derbies mid week and why can't the football league schedule more midweek games in school holidays? Half term is coming up and there's no games
Actually better to play local games midweek.. For fans travelling and revenue, it makes sense completely.

Rather travel to a longer game on a weekend and a local game midweek.

Southend will always bring the full allocation whether it be midweek or weekend, whereas Scunthorpe for example brought 500 on Saturday, may have brought half midweek.
NickMurphy

I think the club still miss out a lot with the crowds where social media is concerned, primarily with the 50p game next week. I remember when Brentford were doing something similar they made a hashtag up and promoted it like that, think at one stage it was trending which is obviously the best sort of awareness you can get Twitter wise.

We just seem to post the same old links to the website that only supporters of the club will see, we're not savvy enough when it comes to social media etc.

Also, doesn't matter to me anymore, but I think the half-term point as raised below isn't a bad one. You'd probably find more kids would come over if the Football League did attempt to schedule one or two midweek games in half-term to coincide with the schools. That's if it's possible of course.
matt_drfc

The clubs official pages don't do enough. But you and Lee do your bit Nick. Remember back to York last game of the season, there was a hashtag on twitter and the official page did a free ticket comp every day I think? Something along the lines of Retweet for a chance to win 2 free tickets etc..

If the club did that for example from the week before a game, for every home game, that would be a lot better. It would be 14 tickets lost, but retweets gain the awareness for the games.

Just a thought, anyone agree?
USADAGGER nick

Here here
RayleighDagger

I am not a regular on here but share concerns over the attendances at Vic Road this season and recent seasons with the long term survival of the club I love..

Personally the club needs to reach out to the younger audiences, in particular local schools and clubs. What D&RFC should introduce is a Junior membership for a small fee and this membership should allow concessions (Children) in for free every game. Many people I know have decided to not come as often as they like due to family and children commitments or the cost of taking children to a game. If we can encourage these fans to come back with kids at a lower cost, we'll probably find gates may increase with the benefit of creating new fans/encouraging the young to support us, rather than WHU, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc. This club won't survive long term if we have no new blood coming through........ thoughts anyone
Daggers No 2 Fan

The club has already done plenty with local clubs and schools. It offers the Junior Daggers scheme and free season tickets for under 10s.

You can have all the deals and offers you want - kids would rather support West Ham or Arsenal or Manchester United.
ARNU

I don't think the club helped itself with the ticket increases after 3 (well at least the last 2)seasons of utter dross on the field and constant scraping along the bottom of the division.Surprisingly I did re-new my season ticket though and bought the TBS combo deal mainly because I have always felt that the TBS stand should be the Daggers end and to not put money where my mouth is would have been a bit hypocritical.Also,the buy in advance discount was taken away.That would have affected quite a few people.The odd cup game where I would have bought in advance and benefited from a small discount has now gone and occasional supporters no longer have the facility either for league or cup games. Even with the season ticket those games cost me £14 a throw,more had I have not taken the early bird deal (albeit on the last day of the offer).Used to buy 4 season tickets now only 2 as the other 2 no longer attend at all and another 2 good mates of mine maybe have attended 3 games this season.They used to have ST's so there is an explanation why 4 people now no longer come along.Shame isnt it ? I admit defeat to Adrian in a way as I thought cheap tickets might increase crowd size.Kids a quid has hardly any effect and I look at my boy on those days and he's not gained anything from the offer as he has a season ticket also.Im sure there is a pricing remedy to the issue but it would take bold and brave decisions.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:The clubs official pages don't do enough. But you and Lee do your bit Nick. Remember back to York last game of the season, there was a hashtag on twitter and the official page did a free ticket comp every day I think? Something along the lines of Retweet for a chance to win 2 free tickets etc..

If the club did that for example from the week before a game, for every home game, that would be a lot better. It would be 14 tickets lost, but retweets gain the awareness for the games.

Just a thought, anyone agree?
They listened.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The loss of advance tickrt sales reduction was a big mistake.

Sometimes good idead on a Wednesdsy do not look so great on a Saturday when it is pissing down