Will you still support the Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

With all this take over talk etc. we will hopefully know the result one way or another Monday evening but the big question is how many of you will still support the Daggers ? because what ever happens it`s not the players involved in all this and they will still need us behind them.
Alan

I will. #COYD
Mike the Dagger

Yep, I'm going nowhere.
BB-Dagger

Never even considered doing anything else!
COYD
Mark

Depends what actually transpires I guess. If the feel of the club doesn't change too much and it still feels like an honest family club that tries to live within its means long term then I'll be there.

If we become a circus like some of the other money clubs I might think twice especially as home games are a 3 hour round trip.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:Depends what actually transpires I guess. If the feel of the club doesn't change too much and it still feels like an honest family club that tries to live within its means long term then I'll be there.

If we become a circus like some of the other money clubs I might think twice especially as home games are a 3 hour round trip.
I'm with Mark on this, I don't want us to become hated by other clubs look at Crawley, Fleetwood and Forest Green only where they are because of money.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mark wrote:Depends what actually transpires I guess. If the feel of the club doesn't change too much and it still feels like an honest family club that tries to live within its means long term then I'll be there.

I'm with Mark on this, I don't want us to become hated by other clubs look at Crawley, Fleetwood and Forest Green only where they are because of money.
Interesting, because a proportion of the world still views D&RFC as some kind of Frankenstein's monster made up of parts of dead clubs. Football fans are always jealous of others success.

BTW I don't think we will be going Vegan any time soon.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Interesting, because a proportion of the world still views D&RFC as some kind of Franfenstein's monster made up of parts of dead clubs. Football fans are always jealous of others success.

BTW I don't think we will be going Vegan any time soon.
Good you ever eaten a Quorn burger :lol:
TommyD&R

Diggerthedog wrote:

At least we've been there without the money though. Other clubs must have a bit of respect for that.
DI Mike Dashwood

It won't change me supporting them. If the Club changes totally then I may not go in the bar or sponsor a game like we do now, but I would still support the Club.

I would hope Tamplin, if he takes charge, will not change a lot of the things that are viewed as positives presently??

Mike makes an interesting point in that a lot of non league clubs don't like the way D and R was formed in the first place anyway. That also poses an interesting point for Merge I would say. Merge, you protested against the merger back in 91-92 and did a very good job in pulling people together to protest etc. I was very young then so don't remember who was who around the Club, but at what point after the merger did you "accept" things and give your support to the new Club, which you have continued to support very loyally since?? And if the Tamplin "deal" goes through, would you continue to support the Club going forward as you did in 1992??
redboy

The club will always be bigger than any one person, so my 40 odd years of loyalty will continue. I admit that the prospect of a rich chav running things doesn't please me and I'd had loved the other consortium to gain power. Money talks as we all know, so like other things in life, why fight a battle that you cant win. If fans want to protest, just do it away from the pitch as the team needs our support.

I'm sure that after the meeting on Monday, Aunty Merge et al will still be there the Saturday after supporting the team as passionately as usual. We have an exciting young squad who have started the season very well. Who knows what this may lead to. So let's ignore all these ridiculous rumours, the hearsay and tbh pure fantasy that's posted on here and comment only on the facts. If Tamblin turns the place into The Sugar Hut and the side runs out with fake tans and gold boots next Saturday, then I'll join your protest!
stanton101

Come rain or shine, I'll be there.
Phippo

I've supported the Daggers in spite of the many "problems" over recent years. Anyone deciding to abandon the team because they are not happy at off the field activities is somewhat puzzling to me!
durnzo

Defo. Simple as that.
daggersjeff

Those that don't stay are not real supporters and we are be better off without them!!