New signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

Probably a good move to loan out Assombalonga. Seems a decent player but while the first 11 is doing so well he ain't getting on the pitch so might as well get proper game time. Whitehawk have had a massive demotion suddenly being called Ryman South.
Lcbdagger

Can understand us loaning out Chris but not really the need for a new striker when he can't get a game... I'm sure the manager knows best

Still no defensive cover though
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Can understand us loaning out Chris but not really the need for a new striker when he can't get a game... I'm sure the manager knows best

Still no defensive cover though
Just because we're signing a player now doesn't mean we're expecting to use him now but want him around do he can get used to being around around a professional team. We could leave it and find he's gone elsewhere when we want him.
Adrian

Because Shepherd is young and inexperienced?

From what I've seen Raymond is a better left back than Widdowson anyway.
TommyD&R

He did look assured, but he only played after we'd been relegated with no pressure on him, who knows what would happen if he needs to be chucked in at the deep end this season whereas we all know Griffiths is a safe bet. But again, Raymond does do a job
Diggerthedog

TommyD&R wrote:He did look assured, but he only played after we'd been relegated with no pressure on him, who knows what would happen if he needs to be chucked in at the deep end this season whereas we all know Griffiths is a safe bet. But again, Raymond does do a job

Griffiths is not very good anymore not sure why you keep banging on about him. With Have fairly decent cover at the back, how many clean sheet we had this season.
Phippo

Griffith was a very good servant of the club back in the day. We need to look forward, not in the past! I'm somewhat excited by the influx of young potential talent. Should one or more of them progress sufficiently, it could earn the club vital income going forward (as long as we don't sell them off too cheaply)!
ARNU

Griffiths is so 8 years ago. Rarely do returning players live up to their god like status. Taiwo,Dom Green, Ben Strevens all needn't have bothered. I can see possibly Benno in a coaching roll but he's yet to play any meaningful roll right now. Damien McCrory was better than Griffiths and more successful.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

McCrory was better than Griffiths?

Hahahahahahahaha
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:McCrory was better than Griffiths?

Hahahahahahahaha
What levels have they played at most of their career? Was griffiths better for us? Maybe but as a pro footballer mccrory has had a much more successful career.
ARNU

Mark wrote:McCrory was better than Griffiths?

Hahahahahahahaha
Well you might not like the facts but McCrory played at a higher level for us and Burton and his country I think. Scored a few goals too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Whether he became better or had a better career isn't really relevant to how good he was with us.
You said he 'was' better not that he 'is'.
BarkingRambo

Burton stopped playing him in defence and found the best way to use McCrory was as a winger. Probably something we should have looked at more when he was here rather than the battle he use to have for game time with Femi when we were struggling for natural left wingers