Macclesfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

BarkingRambo wrote:If the club did most improved player award Bouchard would be a sure winner. Someone seems to have reminded him he can play football.
Whilst I think he is an improved player, you have to remember he's playing in a league lower.
stanton101

While there's no denying Boucard's improved on last seasons performances, let's not forget the young boy Robinson who does a lot of work and in doing so allows Boucard to play more freely.
Adrian

Macclesfield created nothing and deserved nothing from that game.
They needed the referee to cheat and give them a free kick when the only foul possibly being committed any where was by their players.
Alan

The freekick that we failed to clear and led to their goal was a diabolical decision. Clear foul the other way. He was a bloody awful referee all afternoon.
ARNU

That free kick was a foul on Howell. Right in front of me that incident. I'd say Maccy were probably worth a draw though over all. Constantly pressurised us throughout. Only Lincoln been better than anyone else we played at home even though borehamwood beat us.( We were poor that night)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:Macclesfield created nothing and deserved nothing from that game.
They needed the referee to cheat and give them a free kick when the only foul possibly being committed any where was by their players.
You missed the one on one they had in the first 5 minutes then and the chance just after that. They had a two chances from a corner one first half and one second half even though we had everyone back.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
You missed the one on one they had in the first 5 minutes then and the chance just after that. They had a two chances from a corner one first half and one second half even though we had everyone back.
Yeh,I actually meant nothing. I'd have 4 chances in 90 minutes as nothing.
They put far more effort into fouling than they did scoring.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
The dirty cheating bastards :lol: they got a well deserved point, can't play everyone off the park. We spent too much time doing stupid flicks and turns rather than actually doing something worthwhile. Hopefully a wake up call that it's not easy every week. Aldershot will offer more going forward and are tight defensively.
Don Beech 3

Thought a point was fair, the timing of their goal obviously annoying, some of our players had their worst games for a long while and still did ok.

Not sure where the info is now we are out the league but don't remember us having a corner all game whilst they had a 5 minute spell where they had 4 or 5 and may have reached double figures in the match?
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
The dirty cheating bastards :lol: they got a well deserved point, can't play everyone off the park. We spent too much time doing stupid flicks and turns rather than actually doing something worthwhile. Hopefully a wake up call that it's not easy every week. Aldershot will offer more going forward and are tight defensively.
Think you're both being far too harsh.

4 chances in 90 minutes for an away side at 2nd in the league is not that bad, especially since some were solid opportunities.

At the same time, I think our own performance has been exaggerated. We were alright and although the players didn't sparkle, I'd hardly lament us for 'stupid flicks'. It was an improvement on the Wealdstone performance against better opponents. Our inexperienced lads will have ups and downs but it won't be for the lack of trying. Think the 'wake up call' bit is harsh as well, as if we've been cruising. They're learning, Still will ensure that mistakes are highlighted.
Alan

At the time I thought the challenge on okenabiherie was a red. Seeing it on the video highlights hasn't changed my mind. last I heard, he was being sent for x-rays.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:At the time I thought the challenge on okenabiherie was a red. Seeing it on the video highlights hasn't changed my mind. last I heard, he was being sent for x-rays.
I spoke to him towards the end of the game as he hobbled around on crutches by the tunnel. Said it was an impact injury not ligaments. Hopefully just some bruising for him.
Dave E

Have to agree with Alan, it should have been a red card, both feet off the ground
Mark

Horrendous tackle. He should've gone. And he committed further offences in the game. And he then set up the equaliser. Tough to take.