F.C. Halifax at home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

wasn't at the game, but looking out my window it looked like we were playing against the stewards. Their kit was rather bright lol
ARNU

Gutteridge was poor today as was JMD and I reckon anyone including me could get round frankie Raymond at a slight jog. What is benson for ? As for Halifax, whatever you thought of their fouling and hoofing they did a job on us today. We were bullied off the ball too often only Bouchard knows how to keep the ball. Don't fancy the replay much. I bet we get a good draw as well , arsenal away or something.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

I'll take the bet considering arsenal won't even be in the draw.

If only we'd had more people on our forum we probably would've won.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:Gutteridge was poor today as was JMD and I reckon anyone including me could get round frankie Raymond at a slight jog. What is benson for ? As for Halifax, whatever you thought of their fouling and hoofing they did a job on us today. We were bullied off the ball too often only Bouchard knows how to keep the ball. Don't fancy the replay much. I bet we get a good draw as well , arsenal away or something.
Don`t know if they are starting to be affected by playing to many games and need to rested for one game at least but with the injuries we got we can`t afford to let them take a break.
Alan

Terrible game, awful officials.

Gutteridge doesn't look fit yet, suspect he's only playing because of the injuries. Benson is coming back from a rib injury sustained in a friendly against Southend Arnu, not yet fully fit.
A S dagger97

Dry spells were inevitable when we're restricted on rotation in the side and feel that fey will give us a boost when back and that Guttridge needs more time to get back to his best. Still thinkl we should win the replay but why do we always draw home games in the cup?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
leewilson

We're looking fatigued at the moment. We've just come off of a very tough month with very little change in the team week in, week out. The lack of options was going to hit us at some point and although we've fought very hard in the last few, the signs have been there. I think November could end up being a difficult month for us. It's also a lot of these players first full time senior season, that is bound to be having an effect. Hindsight is lovely but it does seem an odd decision to loan out Assombalonga now as we could really do with him here. Hawkins could probably do with the rest. I don't think England C duty will help that.

I imagine Fejiri is out for a while but we could really do with Williams back soon to free up Raymond for the midfield and also Howell being back wouldn't go amiss just to give us a bit of flexibility in what we do.

Tough at the moment but we've got to stick with it and continue trying to grind out what we can.
Alan

Considering we are missing Robson, Williams, Howell, Pennell and Okenabiherie, with Gutteridge and Benson only just coming back from long term injuries, we are doing well at the moment.
stanton101

Agree with the fatigue aspect kicking in, we've looked a tired team in recent weeks.
As a side note fgr won yesterday to increase the gap to 7 points. :roll:
Daggernewbie

stanton101 wrote:Agree with the fatigue aspect kicking in, we've looked a tired team in recent weeks.
As a side note fgr won yesterday to increase the gap to 7 points. :roll:
A game in hand but we can`t afford to play to many games with the injuries we got I really think a few of them could do with a rest.
DI Mike Dashwood

Interesting that despite the injuries, in his notes before the Macc game Stilly commented that he was looking forward to the Tuesday games as he likes the players to play Tuesday/Saturday.

Sometimes think all this fatigue and tired chat is some people watching to many Premier League press conferences on SSN.
Daggernewbie

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Interesting that despite the injuries, in his notes before the Macc game Stilly commented that he was looking forward to the Tuesday games as he likes the players to play Tuesday/Saturday.

Sometimes think all this fatigue and tired chat is some people watching to many Premier League press conferences on SSN.
He might but he`s not the one running around on the pitch.