Last night's meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

Very interesting reading between Dave and Adrian.
But to get my head around the nitty gritty of how businesses work.

Daves credentials are in that he works in the banking.

Are you from a similar background Adrian?
DI Mike Dashwood

So Dave knows more as he works in Banking?? Interesting theory.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Diggerthedog wrote :My Point about the old boy was not about the bar shutting but the whole club not being here in a few years. Like I said you come to watch the football and go home, many others have different social things involved with the club. It is not just about the 90 mins every Saturday, the club is so much more to many.

Yeah I get that,and I acknowledged that too.I want that don't I ?However,you didn't answer my point. No new owner will be banning the bar or any community spirit.No new owner can guarantee a future in years to come either.This current board have steered us onto some rocks,it seems to me the bar and community will disappear far quicker if we don't take new investment.Your old boy might be upset whatever happens.1200 die hards aint enough to sustain the club longterm id imagine,nothing the old regime will do will increase attendances,it is time to take this blokes money and hope he can draw some new people in even if they are orange.
But the club can survive on such crowds it has done for 25 years it even survived on crowds of 500-600 it just has to be run the correct way in that we gets players to sell on no crappy pro's which has been the model for the last 3 years and was a complete failure by the board.

See mikes post about how were not in the shit as much as the Curent board are making out. We're more likely to survive as we are if we cut our cloth accordingly then chucking a load of money at things for short term gain.

I have hear all these nonsense plans about league one in three years, what if we're not out the conference in that time what are the long term plans? There is no bottomless pot of money, were talking about small time business man not a sheik or Russian oligarch.
But what sort of club will you get and what sort of football with crowds of 600 ? Burnetts 9 th place finish will seem a far distant piece of nostalgia to even you in comparison. Let's take this blokes money and get behind him. We'll always have moaners whatever happens.( that includes me by the way )
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
IanC

Anyone else lost with all this!
Chigwellian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:So Dave knows more as he works in Banking?? Interesting theory.
Why the curt response?

Dave has already said that he works in banking, and deals with deciding who to lend money to... Do I think Dave knows what he is talking about? .... Yes I do

You may think differently, but that's up to you.

Adrian may know just as much, but not work in the industry... I would still go with dave's explanation, just because of experience.

Why is that an interesting theory?
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Diggerthedog wrote :My Point about the old boy was not about the bar shutting but the whole club not being here in a few years. Like I said you come to watch the football and go home, many others have different social things involved with the club. It is not just about the 90 mins every Saturday, the club is so much more to many.

Yeah I get that,and I acknowledged that too.I want that don't I ?However,you didn't answer my point. No new owner will be banning the bar or any community spirit.No new owner can guarantee a future in years to come either.This current board have steered us onto some rocks,it seems to me the bar and community will disappear far quicker if we don't take new investment.Your old boy might be upset whatever happens.1200 die hards aint enough to sustain the club longterm id imagine,nothing the old regime will do will increase attendances,it is time to take this blokes money and hope he can draw some new people in even if they are orange.
But the club can survive on such crowds it has done for 25 years it even survived on crowds of 500-600 it just has to be run the correct way in that we gets players to sell on no crappy pro's which has been the model for the last 3 years and was a complete failure by the board.

See mikes post about how were not in the shit as much as the Curent board are making out. We're more likely to survive as we are if we cut our cloth accordingly then chucking a load of money at things for short term gain.

I have hear all these nonsense plans about league one in three years, what if we're not out the conference in that time what are the long term plans? There is no bottomless pot of money, were talking about small time business man not a sheik or Russian oligarch.
But what sort of club will you get and what sort of football with crowds of 600 ? Burnetts 9 th place finish will seem a far distant piece of nostalgia to even you in comparison. Let's take this blokes money and get behind him. We'll always have moaners whatever happens.( that includes me by the way )
I preferred the Ryman days to anything Burnett served up. He has not got any money, either that or its all dodgy money why else would he be stalling on it.

He went from paying the 80% by himself to involving all and sundry to help him out when the questions were asked about coming up with the dosh. This still has time to fall through.

Bishops Stortford got taken for £30k I reckon were in deeper already.
BarkingRambo

In the Interview with Tamplin he seems to be saying he is responsible for 3 players, 2 scouts and demanding Still didn't sell players we had bids for. Thanks to Tamplins involvement already we will be finished as a club if his bid falls through.
Adrian

Chigwellian wrote:Very interesting reading between Dave and Adrian.
But to get my head around the nitty gritty of how businesses work.

Daves credentials are in that he works in the banking.

Are you from a similar background Adrian?
I'm a qualified accountant. I oversee the budgeting and forecasting processes at a listed company. I deal every day with the people that produce monthly management accounts and financial statements.
Prior to joining my current employer I spent several years implementing consolidation and planning systems and processes for companies of various sizes across the country that they use for management accounts and financial statements.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

IanC wrote:Anyone else lost with all this!
Help!
DI Mike Dashwood

I will go with Adrian's explanation then!!!

Always suspected with his attention to detail that he may be an accountant, or even an actuary!!
Chigwellian

Well, with Adrian's and Dave's expertise... I'm going to sit back and enjoy the interesting debates between two qualified professionals from different financial fields.
ARNU

There was me thinking Adrian was a traffic warden lol!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
davei

Original post appears to have not made it, and after more thought, this.

Not wanting to become involved in a pissing match, however, to quantify, I have been involved in the financing of companies in the auto industry, mortgage and loan industry, hospitality industry, mining industry, oil industry, coal industry, logging industry, fishing industry, farming corporations, high-tec and low-tech industries, food industry, .com industry and sports franchises.

I have (sadly) foreclosed on too many homes to remember as well as repossessed too may vehicles to remember so while the lending has an upside, it has a downside as well. Given the fact the Canadian banking industry is the world leader when it comes to regulation and potential loss exposure it appears as prudent and responsible lenders, the Canadian banking system is light years ahead of the competition.

I respect Adrian's accounting knowledge especially as he writes: ...."I deal every day with the people that produce MONTHLY (monthly my emphasis) management accounts and financial statements" which is exactly what I was suggesting in my prior posts (here they are called interim financial statements, so maybe it is terminolgy).
Adrian

davei wrote:Original post appears to have not made it, and after more thought, this.

Not wanting to become involved in a pissing match, however, to quantify, I have been involved in the financing of companies in the auto industry, mortgage and loan industry, hospitality industry, mining industry, oil industry, coal industry, logging industry, fishing industry, farming corporations, high-tec and low-tech industries, food industry, .com industry and sports franchises.

I have (sadly) foreclosed on too many homes to remember as well as repossessed too may vehicles to remember so while the lending has an upside, it has a downside as well. Given the fact the Canadian banking industry is the world leader when it comes to regulation and potential loss exposure it appears as prudent and responsible lenders, the Canadian banking system is light years ahead of the competition.

I respect Adrian's accounting knowledge especially as he writes: ...."I deal every day with the people that produce MONTHLY (monthly my emphasis) management accounts and financial statements" which is exactly what I was suggesting in my prior posts (here they are called interim financial statements, so maybe it is terminolgy).
Monthly management accounts are one thing.
Financial statements are another. They are NOT produced on a monthly basis.

Management accounts are only used for internal purposes and not communicated to shareholders or anyone else external.
davei

Just a couple of questions then Adrian, so what does a monthly statement show, what does it consist of to end up showing what it does show and why is it produced monthly and who requests it to be produced monthly..............

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with indicating the financial standing of the company at a specific date in time does it not....?

I am sure we are hung up on terminology but as I mentioned previously, WALMART perhaps one of the most successful, profitable enterprises of our time, and a leader in so many facets of business can (and does when needed) produce a set of in house, interim financials within 24 hours of the request being made, usually twice monthly, more depending on the weather (no joke). They are not "final year end" financials, they are interim so they can predict if they are on target with their predictions for the year in all area's of their business. To help me out, what would you call those.

In fact WM completes world wide day by day sales comparison (SSS) every 24 hours as well total overall sales every day. They do it to know EXACTLY where they are at a given point in time. Due to their overwhelming success, they seem to have a handle on doing it right would you not agree.