Dwight is on fire

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good to see Dwight on fire at the moment.

The best 10 million spent by any Club this year in my opinion in this mad mad football world.

Hyper thetical question I know but if Football was not so dominated by money , just how far would he had got us if we had kept him for three seasons.
Daggernewbie

Would have been nice to have kept him but like everything money talks and we made a lot of money out of him but where it went no one knows.
TomMc

Daggernewbie wrote:but where it went no one knows.
It's been explained countless times exactly where that money went, it was an exact demonstration of our business model over the last 10 years FFS.
Chigwellian

It has only been explained by Thommo, where the money has gone... The same guy that has allegedly got us into financial troubles
TomMc

Chigwellian wrote:It has only been explained by Thommo, where the money has gone... The same guy that has allegedly got us into financial troubles
From three years ago: http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_3085831

"Bennett will get to work straight away at Victoria Road and will take a hands-on approach, but is aware of the financial restrictions the club has, with the necessity to sell players, while only Accrington Stanley are below them in the average attendances to date this season.

“We are in a healthy position at the moment with the Dwight Gayle money which is funding the club for the time being but that’s the sort of club we are,” he remarked.

“We have got to find the players and sell the players, but we certainly aren’t alone in that respect, there are a lot of clubs in that position."

From six years ago: http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... =completed

That's Still & Bennett, not Thommo.

It's been mentioned numerous times on here and in the press that we have to sell players to keep ourselves out of the red, nothing's changed except that we haven't sold any players bar Jodi Jones for a long time.
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote: It's been mentioned numerous times on here and in the press that we have to sell players to keep ourselves out of the red, nothing's changed except that we haven't sold any players bar Jodi Jones for a long time.
The difference between Burnett and Still sadly.
TomMc

Mike the Dagger wrote:The difference between Burnett and Still sadly.
Indeed.
The Romford Dagger

Hopefully he has a mare on Saturday at st James'

I shall let you know how he plays
Lcbdagger

Depending on who you talk to, the funds received for the Joe's sale go from 'not a lot' to 'two bags of chips' do I certainly don't think that sale was keeping us afloat financially for too long