Reasonable man or Moron ??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 72800.aspx

I'm a reasonable man,and I think this is about right.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

What on Earth is the Clapham Omnibus?
IanC

Yep agree with Arnu this had to be done as it was starting to get out of hand.Shame of it is,the support already this season both home and away has been absoleutly superb,but its got to be clean.The lads know who they are and they just got to rein it in that's all,im sure and hope they will be sensible about it.I,d also go on to say that since most of em came up to the TBS the support has been tremendous and noisy.And I for one would very much like it if the players came over(not all the way obviously) to show their appreciation before walking round,as by the time they come round to the TBS after the huddles etc, we are all gone!
ThatRoundThing

Oi Ian, pack it in, just cos Arsenal narrowly won last night you're getting high and mighty. So because you defected to the TBS you now want us loyal sieve members to get the team round to us last. When we have all gone home!! :D :lol:
durnzo

Learn something new everyday. The Clapham omnibus, doesn't actually say what the levels of reasonable behaviour are though.

On the article itself, I definitely wouldn't call him a moron by any stretch of the imagination. Don't necessarily agree, but as I've said previously I'm not a parent, so my moral compass could be askew, and work in the building industry so the word ***** doesn't offend me in the slightest. I call my dearest friends it and they call me it multiple times a day, words are just words in my humble opinion. I could be well off the mark here, it's happened before.

As previously stated elsewhere I hope that it doesn't lead to the vastly improved atmosphere dying off. I have a feeling that it'll be curbed in a bit and will find a level that is acceptable by all.
ARNU

durnzo wrote:Learn something new everyday. The Clapham omnibus, doesn't actually say what the levels of reasonable behaviour are though.

On the article itself, I definitely wouldn't call him a moron by any stretch of the imagination. Don't necessarily agree, but as I've said previously I'm not a parent, so my moral compass could be askew, and work in the building industry so the word ***** doesn't offend me in the slightest. I call my dearest friends it and they call me it multiple times a day, words are just words in my humble opinion. I could be well off the mark here, it's happened before.

As previously stated elsewhere I hope that it doesn't lead to the vastly improved atmosphere dying off. I have a feeling that it'll be curbed in a bit and will find a level that is acceptable by all.
You don't need to be a parent to know the acceptable level of behaviour in public.A bit of swearing here and there in context and with passion is acceptable at a football match,its not a church choir afterall is it ? But if you are struggling to understand why singing "Does she take it up the arse" to a female steward who,to be fair could only laugh or cry,is fair game then sorry you're wrong.If it were your daughter,mum,sister or nan you'd be alright with it ? I doubt it.Why are we singing about paedos and spastics ??

By all means sing and chant and make a noise, I have been going football 45 years and some of the best chants have a swearword or two but theres a degree of acceptability and i'd have to agree that line has been overstepped lately.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

I agree that the paedo, spastic stuff is over the mark even for me. That's why I said I don't necessarily agree, I should've said I don't totally agree.

The only reason I said I'm not a parent is because a lot of people mention "in front of kids" in arguments. I remember hearing all sorts when I went football as a kid, as I'm sure many of the people on this forum can, and I can't see the widespread issues or problems it's caused. Again, it's all down to personal preference. As I say, I agree that songs about paedos or spastics are too far but the word ***** isn't for me. I may be right, I may be wrong but I'm not going to pretend that it offends me when it doesn't.
bearaab

durnzo wrote:Learn something new everyday. The Clapham omnibus, doesn't actually say what the levels of reasonable behaviour are though.

Same for me in the military, we're completely desensitised to words like ***** but I leave it at work and in the pub. I don't swear in front of my own kids or anyone elses kids. I also don't like accusing people of being paedophiles in front of children.