What a difference a year makes

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

2015/16: 46 games 34 points

2016/17: 17 games 35 points

Discuss...
DI Mike Dashwood

It's called divisions Mike, it's been going on in football for Years ;)

Could you post the stats for Norwich and Newcastle as well??
Mike the Dagger

Yep, that's definitely the only difference ;)
DI Mike Dashwood

The differences are well documented though aren't they. We were rubbish last season, this season we are quite good.

How many points would we have if we were in League Two this season??
durnzo

I honestly believe everything this team would be survived last year, lower half if the table but a much better attempt than the clusterfuck that was 2015/16. I'm enjoying this league a lot though. Roll on Saturday.
leewilson

We'd have been absolutely fine in League 2. To go down from that League, you tend to have to have something wrong and poisonous in your club. I think we'd have been lower mid table in League 2 this season. We'd have been found out by some of the better sides who would have nulified our threat but I think there's enough spark in this side to have picked up results to keep us ticking over. I'd have us around the 20 mark in that league.
Dagdale

If you put up a really good and strong fight you have a excellent chance of staying up, thus last season was wrapped up well before our fate had been sealed at Brisbane Road, too much collateral damage beforehand that has been well documented, end of.
Take my hat off to John his constructed a team of good balance all round with players really motivated and wanting to wear the shirt with pride, I was as usual at my spot in TBS last night and just before we scored, the ball went out low in our stand and Elliot couldn't wait to retrieve it and move it up field to the boys, love it! last season would have probably settled for a point, this season we're out every game with strong passion to win and win outright.
Last edited by Dagdale on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

No Wayne Burnett

*Ends discussion*
Chigwellian

Wayne Burnett?? ............. That's a bloody good reason why Thommo should be sacked.
bloke down the pub

Chigwellian wrote:Wayne Burnett?? ............. That's a bloody good reason why Thommo should be sacked.
Should have gone with him .
ARNU

I'm loving this season and all the changes but I doubt we'd finish 9th or 14th if we were in lg 2. Remember who's beat us this season as well. Lg 2 is a different standard and we all know it. Wayne's team last year would've stormed this league too. Sorry to bring a downer on it but we'd struggle in lg 2 with this lot.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

There's a massive amount of rubbish in this division, but I don't think burnet's team would be doing any better than this team are.
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:I'm loving this season and all the changes but I doubt we'd finish 9th or 14th if we were in lg 2. Remember who's beat us this season as well. Lg 2 is a different standard and we all know it. Wayne's team last year would've stormed this league too. Sorry to bring a downer on it but we'd struggle in lg 2 with this lot.

HaHaHahAhAhA.
Mark

We'd struggle in the division above due to inexperience, size, physicality. You can't get away with 2 or 3 players going missing for 45 mins at that level like we have occasionally this season. That isn't a dig, just to be expected from a young side, and they have the ability to win games with small bursts.

However Wayne's side would also do nothing at this level because very few of them had a key thing you need which is heart. This team would beat that side 8 times out of 10.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:No Wayne Burnett

*Ends discussion*
A bloke throwing money at the Club also helps. Money that you appear to object to not so long ago. Money that has brought in a player who has scored vital goals in two of the last three games.

The best of Burnetts teams of would have been strong in
this League but then again would we even be In it if our new found wealth , well at least until Monday, had been given to him.

I would fancy a squad of
cousins
Hoyte
Doe
Ayo
Widowson
BIingham
Howell
Hemmings
HIines/ Ellito
Doidge/ Cureton/ Murphy

Add in

Jones
Bouchard ( amazing how he has gone from zero to hero )
Lewington
Connors
Raymond
Wilkinson
Saunders

With a few of the tasty loans we had in his time and I would be pretty confident of success.
Amazing what a few bob gets you