Playoffs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
USADAGGER nick

10 points off with 12 to play. How many do you think we'd need to hop into the playoffs?
SUSSEX DAGGER

There is a few more then 12 to play Nick.

Whatever we get it wont be enough. We have chucked away any hope we had with some desperate defending.

Last three games all at home we have acquired 2 points. Cut out the stupid mistakes that would have been 7. There has been plenty of other instances during the season when we have conceded goals that in hindsight look very soft, all have cost vital points.

Look at York earlier this month a game that we were in complete control of until our Goalkeeper kicks the ball straight to a Centre Forward from his hands.

Cut out 50% of the soft goals we have gifted opponents we could have been thinking automatic promotion.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:There is a few more then 12 to play Nick.

Whatever we get it wont be enough. We have chucked away any hope we had with some desperate defending.

Last three games all at home we have acquired 2 points. Cut out the stupid mistakes that would have been 7. There has been plenty of other instances during the season when we have conceded goals that in hindsight look very soft, all have cost vital points.

Look at York earlier this month a game that we were in complete control of until our Goalkeeper kicks the ball straight to a Centre Forward from his hands.

Cut out 50% of the soft goals we have gifted opponents we could have been thinking automatic promotion.
Snap. Too hit and miss to put a real run together. Not just losing to lower placed teams, but losing to them (Pompey, Torquay) when they aren't even in any kind of form.
Ilford Dagger

You normally need at least 70 points to have play off hopes so we need 34 from 18 games approx. 2 pts per match, say 10 more wins.Possible but not necessarily probable, we need a good run pdq.
Dagdale

Considering with 17 matches to go and possibly (but highly unlikely) 51 points maximum up for grabs say we, in the real world could get in or around 26 points that would set us up with 62 points which not sure of recent seasons stats on play off figures but pretty sure it wouldn't take us in there. I certainly know with a good run of form & results it'll build confidence in the side to move forward and this Leagues so strange this season anything could come out the bag. I think nearly all of us from the start of the season would feel relieved for a mid table place come this May after the calamity of last May and how we just survived. Real shame that we didn't come out of the traps for away games like Mansfield, York & Pompey where big question marks still hangs over why? Those 9 points and the awful home one against Torquay would have had us third or fourth now, the Dale away after the last couple of exciters will be a big test now, cant wait!
USADAGGER nick

Our number for escaping the drop zone is 47 points for the rest of the season.

Here's how I got that number.

The maximum amount of points the top team in the relegation zone can get is 57, add that to their point total of 26, you get 83. Subtract our point total of 36 from that and you have our "magic number" from staving off relegation. So every time we gain points or they drop points you subtract from that number. So let's say that torquey drops their match but doesn't lose their spot in the table to Northampton, and we win. Come Sunday our "magic number" is 41.
Crushed Dreams

One win in nine doesn't suggest playoffs - more concerned about relegation.
matt_drfc

Crushed Dreams wrote:One win in nine doesn't suggest playoffs - more concerned about relegation.
No wonder your name is Crushed Dreams :lol:
Crushed Dreams

I like doom metal, the gloomier the better.

Could change my name to Rotting Misery, I suppose.