HMRC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Somebody previously suggested that hmrc wouldn't issue proceedings to enforce payment of tax - media reporting today that both Bury and Gosport are subject of just such winding up applications.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:Somebody previously suggested that hmrc wouldn't issue proceedings to enforce payment of tax - media reporting today that both Bury and Gosport are subject of just such winding up applications.
That was me, It happens all the time, but will they enforce it? How many football clubs top 5 divisions have HMRC wound up? Also it is dependent on amount.

What did Portsmouth owe? They were not wound up.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Bury once again ? was there not a Suguar Daddy who promised them the earth about three seasons ago.

Must have got bored or gone skint !!!!!!!!!

No wonder People are nervous. So we have Torquey, Newport , Bury , Mansfield all rich mens playthings for a while
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Alan wrote:Somebody previously suggested that hmrc wouldn't issue proceedings to enforce payment of tax - media reporting today that both Bury and Gosport are subject of just such winding up applications.
That was me, It happens all the time, but will they enforce it? How many football clubs top 5 divisions have HMRC wound up? Also it is dependent on amount.

The threat of being wound up is normally enough to kick them into doing something, like getting in an investor to pay the bills in exchange for a large shareholding in the club for instance.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Torquey
Is that near Morcomb?
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote:

Portsmouth ended up in administration instead. I doubt Gosport owe millions, but (as we would be) they're easy targets.