Braintree home game moved for TV

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Personally I love it that they want to show us on T.V. it gets our team out to a wider audience which hopefully will mean more support for our team in the future.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote:Personally I love it that they want to show us on T.V. it gets our team out to a wider audience which hopefully will mean more support for our team in the future.
Yes, but this is our third home game. Can we not have an away game on TV?
Dagdale

Well I suppose it'll give us more time to recover from the New Year hangover, and as like many other supporters using the great District Line will hopefully give us more arm room, still beats me how tomorrow they're missing out on our boys at No.2 against the Veggies No.1 on the box , Can't wait think it'll be a cracker!
DagenHammer87

It's more money and exposure. I'm sure I read somewhere that the home team gets 30% or 40% of the gate receipts for the game up front.

Trouble is West Ham are playing Manchester United with a 5.15 kick off that day, so that'll probably knock 100 or so off. The bar need to get on this early doors and do promotions to encourage people in to watch the game on telly and then onto our game.

Surprised tomorrow hasn't been televised.
durnzo

Playing on the 2nd should increase the crowd as there'll be less hangovers and some bored people. On of the few times moving ko is a good thing in my humble.

Just out of interest, and im sure how anyone could, does anyone know how much the gate drops when West ham play at home? The home gates seem to have dropped by about 100 this season, which isn't actually that bad, could this be a result of the cheap season tickets over the thunderdome???
Daggernewbie

durnzo wrote:Playing on the 2nd should increase the crowd as there'll be less hangovers and some bored people. On of the few times moving ko is a good thing in my humble.

Just out of interest, and im sure how anyone could, does anyone know how much the gate drops when West ham play at home? The home gates seem to have dropped by about 100 this season, which isn't actually that bad, could this be a result of the cheap season tickets over the thunderdome???

I would say more than likely but dropping down to this league might have not helped but the run we are having and all the trouble at West Ham we might see them coming back.