Lineup v FGR

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Good to see Gutteridge back and Benno in the squad.

COYD!!
ARNU

Nice result, we gotta be happy with that. The commentator reckoned we were the best team to visit the veggies all season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Now that Whitely is in the goals and Guttridge is back, i'm intrigued as to what the manager thinks is our best attacking four going forward
Pondfield Dagger

forest green manager wasn't too happy i see, saying one of ours players caught the ball and rubbed the sponsorship of the ball # stonewall penalty

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... t/?ref=rss
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was it a penalty, honestly probably yes but can understand how the Ref and Lino both missed it.

Came across his body he did not move his arm from his side but it certainly struck it . It was on the Lino blindside and the ref had a host of players between him and the incident. Certainly no way did I see it the way he does, slightly over egging the pudding.

Great result in my book , bit wayward in front of goal when we had four good chances first half . Started the second half very slowly and took us twenty minutes to get going again . Thought we finished the stronger .

Can't see how they have gone so long without conceading , we got through them on a number of occassions but we proved wasteful or made the wrong choice .

When they did score I was a bit anxious that we may end up on the wrong side of a drubbing as that was certainly the most dangerous they looked all game. All credit to the lads they dug in and deep and thought we were worthy of the result. One or two of our normal reliables to me had off days . Gutteridge won enough but his distribution and passing at times was a bit to cock. Robinson looked to struggle throughout and gave me the impression that he a bit tired or was carrying something . JMD was never at the races and could understand why he got the hook at half time.

Thought our stand outs were Widowson , Doe , Staunton and Bouchard who at time made it look so easy. The Goalkeeper again made one really good save from Murphy mid first half but in all honesty other then the goal don't think he was tested much after.

We will see in the next month what this FGR team are about they play Lincoln , Tranmere, Wrexham , Barrow and Aldershot may prove to be they are flat track bullies.

Don't get me wrong they certainly looked one of the better teams but they hardly took my breath away and thought we were for most parts their equal.

Bit worried about the thin ness of our squad, was Gutteridge really ready to start ? Agree with Dougdale that Benno looks way off it , is that fitness or are the legs just not there anymore. By the way can anybody enlighten me on what happened to Luke Howell , obviously injured but anybody know how bad it is?

So in summary dug out a result in a game that even at the start of this season would have prioved beyond us ,so we are improving all the time in my book. Think we sound a bit more content then our opponents at the way things turned out. Well done boys on another gutsy effort