Dave something.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:I can't think of any other business where the Chairman would introduce himself to the customers.
I note that there was no answer to he question about other club chairmen giving interviews.

Given that only one person seems bothered by it, I can't see how it's a public relation issue. As usual arnu has decided to get himself all worked up about nothing and doesn't like others pointing out that its nothing. So very predictable.
Not 1 single business/industry really ? What do you do for a living Im guessing you aint CEO of a large business then.

Football chairman who gave interviews which immediately spring to mind,100's Nial Quinn,Barry fry,Barry hearn...theres a few.You saying none of them introduced themselves? This is what happens when your foolish attempts to look clever surpass your ability to think before you print.
Probably nobody gives a shit,including me but what thread you gonna start then Mr interesting ?
I was trying to be devils advocate and start a thread/discussion.Given that you disagree with me for the sake of it Im surprised I even responded to you.You are wrong about this though.Are you saying it is detrimental to public relations if he does give an interview then ?
If so maybe you should tell him not to have bothered about the piece(which I haven't seen) in the programme then.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Not 1 single business/industry really ? What do you do for a living Im guessing you aint CEO of a large business then.

Football chairman who gave interviews which immediately spring to mind,100's Nial Quinn,Barry fry,Barry hearn...theres a few.You saying none of them introduced themselves? This is what happens when your foolish attempts to look clever surpass your ability to think before you print.
Probably nobody gives a shit,including me but what thread you gonna start then Mr interesting ?
I was trying to be devils advocate and start a thread/discussion.Given that you disagree with me for the sake of it Im surprised I even responded to you.You are wrong about this though.Are you saying it is detrimental to public relations if he does give an interview then ?
If so maybe you should tell him not to have bothered about the piece(which I haven't seen) in the programme then.
CEO and Chairman are different things though. If you don't know the difference I guess you aren't either thing in a small or large business.

The list of Chairmen you gave that do stick their heads over the parapet is pretty reveaing to be honest. Would we want a Barry (Fry or Hearn) type?
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:I can't think of any other business where the Chairman would introduce himself to the customers.
I note that there was no answer to he question about other club chairmen giving interviews.

Given that only one person seems bothered by it, I can't see how it's a public relation issue. As usual arnu has decided to get himself all worked up about nothing and doesn't like others pointing out that its nothing. So very predictable.

You're getting your blood pressure up again. Do calm yourself down.
Just to be clear, you want to start a discussion, but you're going to react like that when someone disagrees with you? That's not going to make for much of a discussion really, is it?
It seems to be that it's you that's tried to be clever and have a dig at Dave Bennett for not personally introducing himself to you, but instead made yourself look like a complete tool throughout the thread, from the response pointing out and interview in the programme right through to you demonstrating that you don't know what the role of a Chairman is.
ARNU

Once again you get all personal.Taken you 3 days to answer and you just spout more bollocks.In essence you don't think the chairman should have introduced himself to us and I do.That should be the end of it.You have not convinced me Im wrong...again !
You are a poor mans Vindelot,at least he's funny and dosent take it all so seriously.Your just a name caller at the very back of the queue of others who've yet to impress me.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Once again you get all personal.Taken you 3 days to answer and you just spout more bollocks.In essence you don't think the chairman should have introduced himself to us and I do.That should be the end of it.You have not convinced me Im wrong...again !
You are a poor mans Vindelot,at least he's funny and dosent take it all so seriously.Your just a name caller at the very back of the queue of others who've yet to impress me.
Come on now, you're going to get through those blood pressure pills much too fast if you keep getting yourself all worked up like that.
Let's be realistic here, no-one will ever convince you that you're wrong - you're arnu and you're always right.

I haven't said anywhere that the chairman shouldn't have introduced himself - what I do think is that to moan about it and take the sly little digs that you have at him is unnecessary.
I wasn't aware that there was any requirement to impress you, but then given that you seem to think that this forum is all about you, I'll put my hands up and accept that I've made a mistake in missing that. I'll try a little harder for you.
As for being personal, I'd suggest you take a look at your posts in regard to Dave Bennett, you big old hypocritical cuddly bear.
ARNU

I am not always right.I thought you knew what you were talking about LOL!!

I haven't been personal about Dave so and so,Ive been quite blatant in putting my view across that as chairman he should have said hello a bit earlier though.I still know nothing about him other than he's a plumber.

As for impressing me,well there is no requirement as such but if you want me to take you seriously maybe you could try a bit harder.I think you love me really as you answer all my posts.I am your mentor :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

The list of Chairmen you gave that do stick their heads over the parapet is pretty reveaing to be honest. Would we want a Barry (Fry or Hearn) type?[/quote]

Bill Kenwright or Dave Whelan are often worth listening to.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Bill Kenwright or Dave Whelan are often worth listening to.
I would agree with that, and have seen both interviewed, however I don't believe that they go looking for publicity in the way Fry/Hearn tend to, just are willing to speak when asked to.
ARNU

Another one for ya...Dave Whelan the Wigan bloke.Wigan runs through his veins.

Its probably a different subject but whats the big anti-Hearn or Fry as chairman thing all about ?

Its not a question of whether you want them as your friend its whether they can raise capital and run a board of directors efficiently.The fact that they are both media whores is not necessarily a detrimental thing to either of them.They both have charisma and personality and both seem to cough up the dough when its needed.All this "I wouldn't want blah blah blah" whats that based on ? They aint interviewing for the job of friend are they ? I don't know too much about Fry's financial background but I do know Hearn is a very successful businessman/promoter and has done nothing but improve all aspects of Leyton orient since he's been there.And to be quite frank....its well known that owning a football club rarely makes anyone any profit.I think if hearn was the antichrist like some suggest he'd have been in and out in a flash not stayed there for as long as he has.Especially as he's already minted and needn't have bothered if it was about cash.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Fry isn't the chairman of Peterborough.
The chairman isn't responsible for putting money into a football club, in the same way the chairman of other business aren't responsible for putting money into their business.

If anyone is responsible for putting money in, it's the owner and that isn't the same thing as being chairman.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Fry isn't the chairman of Peterborough.
The chairman isn't responsible for putting money into a football club, in the same way the chairman of other business aren't responsible for putting money into their business.

If anyone is responsible for putting money in, it's the owner and that isn't the same thing as being chairman.
Well he was Chairman and manager of Peterborough until 2006 when he was succedded by Darragh MacAnthony.Fry then became director of football which I believe he still is.So sniff that !!
ARNU

Mohammed El Fayed chairman and put shit loads into Fulham.

Its all semantics N02 fan,the plumber should have said hello a bit earlier.
Daggers No 2 Fan

He's been with the club for years. He didn't need to say hello - plenty of people already knew who he was.

But would the interview in the Dagenham Post the week after he took the portion cover saying hello early enough for you?
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:He's been with the club for years. He didn't need to say hello - plenty of people already knew who he was.

But would the interview in the Dagenham Post the week after he took the portion cover saying hello early enough for you?
Its been 23 years since I last lived in Dagenham so I wouldn't have seen any local rags would I ? You keep bickering with me but I already heard your point.You have not persuaded me that this man did the right thing by keeping a low profile for so long.Further to that you seem to think it was not a public relations opportunity he could have taken advantage of.There fore I cant help but think he didn't give a monkeys about the fans.He might well be a fantastic plumber for all I know,aint slow in advertising the plumbing side of things is he ?
matt_drfc

Not on anyone's side but just saying Arnu, you don't need to BUY the B&D Post to read it.. Internet is also useful for that