Tamplin fined £45,000 for dumping waste

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Voice of reason

[Image[/quote]

Wonder what he'd catch in the River Roding?
Pie & Mash

Probably a three eyed fish because Tamplin has dumped all his toxic waste in it

#EssexMrBurns #WrongType
Voice of reason

Pie & Mash wrote:Probably a three eyed fish because Tamplin has dumped all his toxic waste in it

#EssexMrBurns #WrongType
Brilliant.
As others have said some of the developments could be from a bad Soap Opera
Auntie Merge

The photos in this article were taken at the actual site of the dump.
(confirmed by the journalist)
https://www.mrw.co.uk/latest/firm-fined ... 81.article
NBDag

Auntie Merge wrote:The photos in this article were taken at the actual site of the dump.
Happened in early 2014!! Not even breaking news then. If you look closely you can see a scrap of paper with the words "die Dagenham die" written in what appears to be the blood of an orphan.
dagger4eva

NBDag wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:The photos in this article were taken at the actual site of the dump.
Happened in early 2014!! Not even breaking news then. If you look closely you can see a scrap of paper with the words "die Dagenham die" written in what appears to be the blood of an orphan.

No, but the pair were found guilty and fined just over 1 month ago - thus making the case very relevant imo.

As previously asked, was news of this latest prosecution made aware to members prior to their vote a mere 18 days later?
Actually, I know the answer to that - and no it wasn't !
diggerdagger1

Well done merge keep digging!!!!!! The truth is out there somewhere. Oh dear oh deat n b Dag what are you on? Glad you admitted it was an offence which tamplin committed voluntarily . Still it was 2014 nb Dag so that's all right then. Come on tamplin what else have you done or are planning to do then.tip us the info and stop wasting our time but please don't shout think of the noise levels
The Romford Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Ah thanks the Romford dagger first time I have one anything! And I award you supporter of the year oh sorry you support the inferior team in east Anglian I forgot!
Meow
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:Having a quick look at the EFL Fit and Proper person test and I don't think that this conviction would disqualify him as it's not one of dishonesty or one of the specified classes of offences.
Dumping such waste cost a lot of money so it's hardly an action a saint is it, you would imagine that choosing to use his own land meant he saved this money there by at a stroke taking part in a dishonest act.

Perhaps his interest in our Club is becoming clear, let's face it we must have a waste transfer notice with the rubbish we dumped at the end of the last season
diggerdagger1

So when tamplin dumps another load of waste on our pitch and it is 2metres high we would not only have to lay a new pitch but also have to build a new perimeter wall. Now it's all clear to me that's why he wants to invest he needs a new dumping ground. So his plans to redevelop bury road would mean all the terracing and stands would need to be raised by 2metres. How much would that cost? Wonder what the council and residents will say about his proposed development of bury road. Whenever this has been raised before Thompson has always said that there is no chance of it happening. Something to do with the loss of sunlight for the bury road residents and the council would not want to upset the bury road residents.they also have a very good strong residents association who would imo fight this all the way.
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:
The court case was a few weeks back. The environmental implications of the 'flytipping' as someone else put it, were potentially huge - dumping on a flood plain, close to a river.
This is why he has a prison sentence over him if he does not pay the fine.

I also wonder now whether this means he fails the fit and proper FA test.
Alan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dumping such waste cost a lot of money so it's hardly an action a saint is it, you would imagine that choosing to use his own land meant he saved this money there by at a stroke taking part in a dishonest act.
It's not his company, so not his money to save. Did he accept payment to allow it? Did he want to raise the level of the land in an area that floods every winter? Will he say he knew nothing about it? Who knows.

It's not great, but the court found him to be negligent, not dishonest - which is what matters in the fit and proper person test.

I can almost guarantee that he will say we need to look forwards not backwards when asked about it tomorrow.
dagger4eva

And Alan - serious question..

What would your reaction be IF in 18, 24 or whatever he has ****** our club over and says he wants to look forward not back. Is that acceptable??

Just asking
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dumping such waste cost a lot of money so it's hardly an action a saint is it, you would imagine that choosing to use his own land meant he saved this money there by at a stroke taking part in a dishonest act.
It's not his company, so not his money to save. Did he accept payment to allow it? Did he want to raise the level of the land in an area that floods every winter? Will he say he knew nothing about it? Who knows.

It's not great, but the court found him to be negligent, not dishonest - which is what matters in the fit and proper person test.

I can almost guarantee that he will say we need to look forwards not backwards when asked about it tomorrow.
http://www.ciwm-journal.co.uk/100000-fi ... operators/
The Court found that Mr Tamplin had acted negligently to a high degree in committing the offences.

I'm not a legal person, but as this fine has just happened, doesn't it get listed as an 'unspent conviction' for a certain period of time?
Alan

dagger4eva wrote:And Alan - serious question..

What would your reaction be IF in 18, 24 or whatever he has ****** our club over and says he wants to look forward not back. Is that acceptable??

Just asking
Eh? I'm not defending him or it. I'm explaining why it doesn't fall foul of the "fit and proper person test" and predicting what he will say when it's brought up.