so...who starts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

Elliot Justham has been brilliant through out the majority of league games this season but Mark Cousins' performances during the FA Cup and ESC has definitely given John Still something to think about. I think Mark should start vs Gateshead. Thoughts...
RayleighDagger1986

Justham for me
A S dagger97

I Awouldn't fix something that's not broken.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DaggerJoel11

Well firstly I think Cousins is the better keeper and should be shocked he can't get a start when he's good enough for the FL. I wouldn't disrupt the flow though.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Justham. Commands the box better.
Alan

Justham. No need to change, kept plenty of clean sheets and good distribution.
Adrian

From what I've seen Justham is a better keeper in every area.
There's not masses between them between the sticks, but Justhams kicking is miles better and gives us options.
Phippo

Both keepers can do the job (especially at our current level). I have confidence that whoever plays will be up for it.
Sagres

Elliot Justham
Richie

Adrian wrote:From what I've seen Justham is a better keeper in every area.
There's not masses between them between the sticks, but Justhams kicking is miles better and gives us options.
Agree with all of this.
RayleighDagger1986

I'm not sure the goalkeeping position is really up for debate here.
I'm more inclined to discuss the wide position. SInce Okenabirdie went off injured 3-4 games ago we have looked a little bit light wide. JS has tried Whiteley there with Gutteridge playing off Olli but I would prefer Whiteley playing thru the middle where I think he's more effective. Gutteridge has been ineffective since returning! Is there another option for a wide player?
BarkingRambo

I cant think of any other natural wide men for the role. I guess we could use Ling at defence and then push Widdowson forward or else put Widdowson back at left back and try Raymond out on the wing, both can put in a decent cross. We really should have cancelled Assombalonga's loan the moment Fey got injured.
Mark

Assombalonga can't be recalled within the initial month I believe. Hope he's back soon and can play wide with Corey back in the middle. Gives us options to rest people with Guttridge back.
DaggerMaulks

Justham because Bal knows him from college.
BillyC94

DaggerMaulks wrote:Justham because Bal knows him from college.
Has to be Justham for me. Commands his box better than Cousins and seems to have a good understanding with the back 4 of Raymond, Robson/Staunts, Doey and Widdowson. Cousins is not far behind and probably too good to be a n.o 2 but did find him unable to command his box from crosses last season despite being an excellent shot stopper (let's face it, if you're not a good shot stopper, are you really a keeper?)

Also, good point made from DaggerMaulks, if you don't know Dagenham Bal, he's probably the most knowledgable guy who goes over football behind Stilly and he said El was class for the college team back in the day.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94