You go away and...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
diggerdagger1

Alan......ok my reasoning as follows. 10 members of the consortium. Dismissed tamplin and his 3 cronies for obvious reason. Bennett SMYTHE snd Thompson for reasons previously stated. Personally do not think they should be anywhere near our club let alone part of a consortium. Hopkins because he apparently saw through tamplin and has sponsored and supported the club for many years. Stilly deserves to be involved for all he has done and feel we can trust him. Ward similar reasons as still plus massively swayed by what he did getting the money house back from truevor dicks in the 1990's. Think the 8 of them could make a real go of it but feel it will not be easy to get rid of Thompson and believe that could be the stumbling block. After the tamplin debacle would be very wary of any outside investor who wanted overall control of the club with immediate effect. The 8 working together would be a far better option than an outside investor imo. What's your views Alan ?
Alan

On the face of it, the consortium all wanted to go ahead but the board withdrew support. So did the board members on the consortium vote against the decision to withdraw?

I would expect a thorough investigation to be carried out into who knew what and what agreements we entered into and how they are recorded before deciding who should go. If the board were signing players we cannot afford based on a "gentlemen's agreement", then that was reckless and those responsible should go.
diggerdagger1

Alan......my understanding is that not all consortium members were happy with tamplin after the waste story broke. Also there are 8 people on the board so for them to vote to withdraw there support 5 would have needed to have voted to withdraw. As 4 board members are part of the consortium one at least must have voted to withdraw. I have been told that at least 4 of the consortium and board contacted the club to register there objections. Apparently no ordinary members contacted the club. Steve was asked at the fans forum regarding the 4 people on both the board and consortium he said he could not speak for the other 3 and did not give a clear answer ref arcing his position. The club statement was agreed by both parties solicitors. Now the money. Tamplin promised John still £200000 for new players staff. This was on top of his £725000 takeover money. We went and signed Ling benson whitely and 3 back room staff including terry Harris. So we have spent the £200000 and received very little of it from tamplin. Apparently he was going to pay it by instalments 10 -t £20000. He now wants all of his money back not just the £122500. Yes he did pay the whole 10 percent investment despite Tommy saying different st the fans forum. I am with you in that they should go. But I am only one member and don't trust my fellow members to agree with that.
Mike the Dagger

Wow that is pretty detailed and you either are making it up or have very good inside knowledge. Despite all that typing, you couldn't fit in a quick apology though.

Basically it's a mess, the consortium wasn't a consortium at all as was hinted when they obviously hadn't met as a group ahead of the meeting with the members, and nothing regarding money paid or promised is in writing.

Now we have a club funded on the assumption that there is money being invested and right now there is no money on the table.

I understand the club is not in immediate trouble for money though so it is probably time to take a while to think, find the right solution and make it happen.

The people that got us here need to consider their positions during that though.
steeevooo

Mike the Dagger wrote:Basically it's a mess, the consortium wasn't a consortium at all as was hinted when they obviously hadn't met as a group ahead of the meeting with the members, and nothing regarding money paid or promised is in writing.

Now we have a club funded on the assumption that there is money being invested and right now there is no money on the table.

I understand the club is not in immediate trouble for money though so it is probably time to take a while to think, find the right solution and make it happen.

The people that got us here need to consider their positions during that though.
Agree with all of this - the process has been a complete farce from the beginning, and the people that allowed it to be a farce (as opposed to getting things in writing, legally backed up, doing sufficient due diligence etc) should very much consider their positions, since they have placed the future of our football club in peril.

My first thought when I saw about the Billericay takeover was "Why is he so desperate to own a football club, any football club?". It's been well publicised that he is not the most squeaky-clean of characters and that his business ventures have not seemingly been the most successful - so why does he really, very desperately want another vehicle to put money through?
dagger4eva

steeevooo wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:Basically it's a mess, the consortium wasn't a consortium at all as was hinted when they obviously hadn't met as a group ahead of the meeting with the members, and nothing regarding money paid or promised is in writing.

Agree with all of this - the process has been a complete farce from the beginning, and the people that allowed it to be a farce (as opposed to getting things in writing, legally backed up, doing sufficient due diligence etc) should very much consider their positions, since they have placed the future of our football club in peril.

My first thought when I saw about the Billericay takeover was "Why is he so desperate to own a football club, any football club?". It's been well publicised that he is not the most squeaky-clean of characters and that his business ventures have not seemingly been the most successful - so why does he really, very desperately want another vehicle to put money through?
Absolutely this!!

And does no-one find it odd that in a mere matter of days, Tamplin & Billericay have managed to carry out sufficient due diligence on each other and thrashed out a deal to which both parties agree.

The desperation alone from Tamplin to own an Essex based football club should send alarm bells ringing throughout.

Hey ho - it's no longer our problem!! :lol:
NBDag

Well he was pretty close to joining them last time so I'm guessing the due dilligence was already done. Maybe when the deal fell through here, they decided to pick up where they left off. But as said it's no longer our problem/business. Shame it's fallen through, but the members are the ones who decide and ultimately what they say has to be what happens. I really do hope that we have someone come in and get some investment and leave this members set up though, really feels like we're close to being down shit creek etc.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Well he was pretty close to joining them last time so I'm guessing the due dilligence was already done. Maybe when the deal fell through here, they decided to pick up where they left off. But as said it's no longer our problem/business. Shame it's fallen through, but the members are the ones who decide and ultimately what they say has to be what happens. I really do hope that we have someone come in and get some investment and leave this members set up though, really feels like we're close to being down shit creek etc.
Previously it was Brentwood Town and Bishops Stortford he was talking to as far as I was aware.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:Well he was pretty close to joining them last time so I'm guessing the due dilligence was already done. Maybe when the deal fell through here, they decided to pick up where they left off. But as said it's no longer our problem/business. Shame it's fallen through, but the members are the ones who decide and ultimately what they say has to be what happens. I really do hope that we have someone come in and get some investment and leave this members set up though, really feels like we're close to being down shit creek etc.
Previously it was Brentwood Town and Bishops Stortford he was talking to as far as I was aware.
Might have got them mixed up with Bishops Stortford coming to think about it. In that case then yeah it's all very strange.
diggerdagger1

I got the impression from the statement on the billeticay website that they were in discussions with tamplin until April. He then jumped ship to us which they seem to be ok with. Now it is there gain and our loss!!!!!!
diggerdagger1

Mike.....you are like a dog with a bone! If it makes you happy......I APOLOGISE. Can I expect the same from you as you suggested I may be making it all up? FYI I got my info from the egm plus the fans forum plus talking to people in the know before and after Saturday's game. Also thought my suggestion about you interviewing Thompson again was a very good idea and could be helpful to us fans. No hidden agenda at all because let's face it Mike we are both fans and I believe we are both very worried and only want to protect the club we love. Was going to suggest a further interview with the east consortium as well. As I said my dream ream would be the east consortium plus Hopkins plus ward plus still rather than an unknown outsider.
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike.....you are like a dog with a bone! If it makes you happy......I APOLOGISE. Can I expect the same from you as you suggested I may be making it all up? FYI I got my info from the egm plus the fans forum plus talking to people in the know before and after Saturday's game. Also thought my suggestion about you interviewing Thompson again was a very good idea and could be helpful to us fans. No hidden agenda at all because let's face it Mike we are both fans and I believe we are both very worried and only want to protect the club we love. Was going to suggest a further interview with the east consortium as well. As I said my dream ream would be the east consortium plus Hopkins plus ward plus still rather than an unknown outsider.
Sorry sunshine, you suggested I was in Tamplin's pocket and should accept your offer of a blue and white scarf. As someone that has been attending Daggers games at Victoria Road since 1973 I was very annoyed by this. If that was your intention, well done.

All I ever did was publish what I was told, avoiding as much as possible putting opinion. Where I have offered an opinion it has been on the whole sceptical of the whole thing (go check), particularly the way that the board have acted in putting the club "in harms way". Now they have done that though, a solution needs to be found don't you think?

The East consortium know where I am and have previously refused an offer to respond. The offer still stands. I understand from third parties that they felt I was being unfair to them by offering Glenn Tamplin the same opportunity they had had to get his point of view out to fans. For grown adults and experienced businessmen I find this flabbergasting to be honest.

I was away during the past two weeks, a lot of it without internet access, and therefore missed the withdrawal and the forum just after this. I have indeed contacted Steve Thompson again (before you kindly suggested I do so) and await his response. I would imagine he is a bit busy right now though.

I repeat here that I am not a journalist, I'm a fan who happened to jointly run a very good website during the early noughties and have used that to try to get some facts where only rumours existed since this all surfaced in June.
Phippo

Mike, for what it's worth, I found your "interviews" informative and well balanced. Hope recent developments have not deterred you from any possible future involvement in attempting to giving us insights into what certain individuals thoughts are on (what I consider) crucial future developments involving our club.
Voice of reason

Phippo wrote:Mike, for what it's worth, I found your "interviews" informative and well balanced. Hope recent developments have not deterred you from any possible future involvement in attempting to giving us insights into what certain individuals thoughts are on (what I consider) crucial future developments involving our club.
Agreed.
diggerdagger1

Mike......probably best to leave it there. Can I suggest we both ignore each other posts in future? Is that alright with you SUNSHINE? If I could be bothered I could take issue with you on many points such as your suggestion I was making it all up plus your refusal to contact the easts but you don't mind contacting Thompson plus yout refusal to accept that your favourable interview with tamplin swayed many members to vote for him. There are many people who agree with me on the last by the way. BYE BYE SUNSHINE