Threats

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I have received the following tweet.
It has been reported to the police.
I trust anyone else who gets threatened that 'personal action' will be taken against them does the same.

From @RARARAYNOR
FINAL WARNING . Stop your hate campaign on Tamplin, legal action and personal action will be taken against you tomorrow
diggerdagger1

That's bang out of order merge! Hope everybody connected with the daggers will condone this and I mean everybody. Apparently other people at the daggers have also received threats. The people doing these threats are the lowest of the low utter scum!
ARNU

Whilst I find your crusade amusing you have every right to question and protest Auntie Merge.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Surprise of all surprises - the tweet has now been deleted.

Now the real side of these people are coming out for all to see.
Auntie Merge

Thank you to everyone for your support, and not just the ones that posted here.
The phone has been going crazy with texts, emails, tweets and messages of support.
My other half was very impressed.

If I'm silent on Tamplin now, it isn't because I've been pressured into silence but because he has gone to Billericay - there is nothing left to say except I hope others realise now how wrong he was for our Daggers family club.
RampantDuke

God help Billericay.

Tamplin and his mob were just a bunch of low life crooks after all then.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:I have received the following tweet.
I trust anyone else who gets threatened that 'personal action' will be taken against them does the same.

From @RARARAYNOR
FINAL WARNING . Stop your hate campaign on Tamplin, legal action and personal action will be taken against you tomorrow
It might be best if people looked up the meaning of personal action before reporting anything to the police.
Alan

It said legal action AND personal action though Adrian. It's ambiguous and instead of responding with clarification, the tweet was deleted and then the account made private.

I think diggerdagger1 that you meant condemn, not condone!
ARNU

Having been involved in an industry where threats were a nightly occurrence I can say with pretty much 100% certainty that a threat rarely means any meaningfull follow thru, especially ones where the idiots phone you or issue them from a place of anonimity using some ridiculous pseudonym or computer screen.
Adrian

Alan wrote:It said legal action AND personal action though Adrian. It's ambiguous and instead of responding with clarification, the tweet was deleted and then the account made private.

I think diggerdagger1 that you meant condemn, not condone!
Yes it says both, so could very easily be referencing criminal and civil.
If personal action means some sort of physical violence, then it doesn't really make sense to effectively say 'we're going to sue you and break your legs' does it?
And how would it be carried out? I'm assuming AM doesn't publish her whereabouts on a constant basis to strangers?

Whereas conducting some sort of action via legal representatives tomorrow might be quite possible.

It was a stupid tweet. They get deleted quite often don't they?
Alan

Bit of a stretch Adrian. Think we should just agree to disagree.
diggerdagger1

Alan......oops yes I did mean condem my apologies. Adrian......a threat is a threat and it does not matter what form it takes. We should all condem it. The people who do this sort of thing are the lowest of the low utter scum!
Auntie Merge

Adrian wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I have received the following tweet.

From @RARARAYNOR
It might be best if people looked up the meaning of personal action before reporting anything to the police.
Adrian, I was advised to report it to the police. Twitter also told me to notify the police.
It's very easy now to say ah, it was a silly threat, but a threat is a threat and it needs to be reported.
ARNU

It can be read 2 ways. I doubt you'll get a prosecution. I strongly doubt anyone is gonna balaclava up over anything you said either.

I think if you genuinely felt threatened then you should report it. If only to get it recorded.