Let`s not start booing or slagging off the team.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

So we got knocked out of the F.A.Cup lost on Saturday but lets not start booing or slagging off players as a lot of them must be knackered.Everyone has noticed a drop off in form but so would you if you can`t get a rest by been replaced for a game or two.I might moan about about some of the goals and the way they are playing on the day but I will not condemn them,so let`s stick by them and we will turn the corner again.That my opinion and you might not agree with me but everyone will have their own opinion.
Last edited by Daggernewbie on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Every team have bad runs and we are having one now

We are devastated by injuries .

A couple of players we let go out on loan would help , all have first team experiance.

The posative thing is if we can stay around the play off area then at the season end we will have a squad with a number of players fresh .
BarkingRambo

I have been thinking to myself does this squad need to work out what it wants to prioritise. We have a good squad that can give any team a run for their money providing they stay fit. If i'm remembering it right and what we want to avoid doing is an Oxford during our title season, they went for it and pushed us for the title right up to the last few games of the season but then lost the play offs I would say because they had nothing left in the tank (As well as being demoralised because they lost out to a pub team from Essex). This seems to regularly happen to clubs that just miss their title/automatic promotion places and I'm wondering if we should prioritise being a play off team. Drop a few players every now and then (not weekly obviously), get a rotation on the go that means some players get a match off and a chance to re-energise as well as giving more of our squad some proper match experience.

This squad is good enough for the play offs, possibly another year we could have even been title contenders if there wasnt quite a few bankrolled / decent clubs in the league. We just need to use our squad better to make sure we can stay up there.
NBDag

100% right to prioritise the league now that we're out the cup. Although I'd like to see us do well in the Vase, I would only bother playing the sort of team that we sent out in the Essex Cup.
Adrian

NBDag wrote:100% right to prioritise the league now that we're out the cup. Although I'd like to see us do well in the Vase, I would only bother playing the sort of team that we sent out in the Essex Cup.
You'll be disappointed if your hoping hoping for a run in the Vase.
IanC

BarkingRambo wrote:I have been thinking to myself does this squad need to work out what it wants to prioritise. We have a good squad that can give any team a run for their money providing they stay fit. If i'm remembering it right and what we want to avoid doing is an Oxford during our title season, they went for it and pushed us for the title right up to the last few games of the season but then lost the play offs I would say because they had nothing left in the tank (As well as being demoralised because they lost out to a pub team from Essex). This seems to regularly happen to clubs that just miss their title/automatic promotion places and I'm wondering if we should prioritise being a play off team. Drop a few players every now and then (not weekly obviously), get a rotation on the go that means some players get a match off and a chance to re-energise as well as giving more of our squad some proper match experience.

This squad is good enough for the play offs, possibly another year we could have even been title contenders if there wasnt quite a few bankrolled / decent clubs in the league. We just need to use our squad better to make sure we can stay up there.
Oxford didn't really push us all the way,they thought they might have a chance if they beat us at there place,but Sammy boy sorted that out,and we romped home.That game was at the end of march and we were 11 pts clear,even if they had won that night that team would have still pissed it.
daggersjeff

Apart from Justham, where did our bench appear from?
Daggernewbie

[quote="daggersjeff"]Apart from Justham, where did our bench appear from?[/q
Some of them played in the Essex Senior Cup.
leewilson

I'm quite proud of the team at the moment. We're not picking up the results but it's not for the want of trying. It's very easy to criticise when the scorelines don't start going your way but I don't think we've played too dissimilar to Aldershot/Macclesfield where we picked up 4 points. In all games we've dug in and bar a silly 10 minutes against Gateshead, we've not done ourselves a disservice.

It'd be very easy for this lot to put their tail between their legs and feel sorry for themselves but they keep asking for the ball and they keep trying to make things happen. If the buzz in their legs isn't there through tiredness or, alternatively for some, lack of fitness, then you can't really blame them.

As long as they keep up with the positive attitude, we will turn the corner again. I don't see the attitude changing so we'll be alright. Not expecting a great November but hopefully a bit of a break at the beginning of December if Dover win tomorrrow and we can recharge.
Voice of reason

Bench was mostly Academy graduates including Kenny Brown's son Harvey who can full back or central defence