Get in!!!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

That was not a Marvin Morgan moment by a long stretch,I was there for that one,I think the ball to Dickson was unsighted.He didn't see it coming and it hit him so fast it was more of a ricochet than a shot.No time to react.Now Im no Dickson fan but he does enough to irritate us without making it up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
leewilson wrote:I wasn't at the game but have read a few people saying how Connors had an excellent game and didn't put a foot wrong. Having watched the highlights, he gets skinned twice in the first half for two of Rochdale's best chances. Not saying he didn't have a good game as obviously I can't judge that but it just shows to me that he can improve the defensive side of his game so much. One moment in particular in the highlights where he needlessly dives in and the winger goes round him like he's not there.

Also, I don't think Dickson's miss was quite as bad as made out. He should have scored definitely but I don't think he expected the ball to get to him. It looked like it hit him rather than him hitting it. His anticipation should have been better but I'd regard the Rochdale guys miss to be far worse.
I was thinking that for both as well. The excellent save that Lewy made came from their player walking past Connors like he wasn't there.
Dickson should have done better with the chance, but I don't think it was bad has been made out, I'm sure I recall other players having similar chances this season for us and not taking them. The Rochdale miss was worse.
Agree with both of you
dagger4eva

In fairness and in my defence I was merely judging my initial Marvin Morgan comment based on RadioStu's commentary who at the time was saying he couldn't believe he missed.

On seeing the replay though it doesn't seem to be quite as bad as that. The ball definitely hits him rather than him striking the ball & I take my 1st comment back :D
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote:In fairness and in my defence I was merely judging my initial Marvin Morgan comment based on RadioStu's commentary who at the time was saying he couldn't believe he missed.

On seeing the replay though it doesn't seem to be quite as bad as that. The ball definitely hits him rather than him striking the ball & I take my 1st comment back :D
It all explains why we keep him out wide... get him running at players from outside and he is lethal... 2 yards out in front of goal however
SUSSEX DAGGER

Take the point about Connors but the two incidents highlighted were in the first tem minutes and after that he was very very good

Composed on the ball seem to be the only one at times who was keeping his head in the first half.