Happy Monday!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

It's very quiet on here.

Are we going to discuss favourite crisps? Is it possible to get pickled onion crisps aside from Picked Onion Monster Munch?

And what about sweets? Spangles.. old English flavour spangles were always my favourite.

Plus has anyone noticed how Kraft-Cadburys are making more cuts by their 'chopped nut' whole nut and fruit and nut? Surely a cop-out so they can use all the broken bits of nuts and fruit.
Dagdale

Will never buy a packet of Walkers again cause of the loathing of Gary Lineker, seems to be heading as the 'new Bob Geldof' Stick to the football mate.
TomMc

Dagdale wrote:Will never buy a packet of Walkers again cause of the loathing of Gary Lineker, seems to be heading as the 'new Bob Geldof' Stick to the football mate.
People that show a bit of compassion eh? Wankers
Diggerthedog

McCoys Steak for me!

Yeah Lineker is now a knob, all his celeb types have no idea what the real world is like.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So Celebreties are not allowed to express an opinion In the Country they live, unless of course it is an opinion you share
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So Celebreties are not allowed to express an opinion In the Country they live, unless of course it is an opinion you share
Where did I say they are not allowed an opinion? Everyone is allowed an opinion just like my current judgment on him at present and many wealthy celebs.

Take Lilly Allen a disgusting example of a mother who criticises and offends half the country but fails to get her own house in order. Money can't buy you class. Had she been a mother on a council estate and acted the way she does her kids would probably now be in care.
TomMc

Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So Celebreties are not allowed to express an opinion In the Country they live, unless of course it is an opinion you share
Where did I say they are not allowed an opinion? Everyone is allowed an opinion just like my current judgment on him at present and many wealthy celebs.

Take Lilly Allen a disgusting example of a mother who criticises and offends half the country but fails to get her own house in order. Money can't buy you class. Had she been a mother on a council estate and acted the way she does her kids would probably now be in care.
I'm confused, are you saying someone's previous behaviour should disqualify them from having an opinion on a (seemingly unrelated) subject?
Diggerthedog

Not saying that at all, if you read my previous post I said everyone is allowed an opinion.
NBDag

I think the point trying to be made is that is can be considered a bit hard to appreciate the opinions of people like Lineker on issues regarding the public and society as a whole, especially when he takes c£500k a year from the tax payer for presenting a TV show. So people don't feel their opinion is wrong, but it can be seen as rich to hear certain opinions from people who are happily taking so much from the society they want to help.

I like Lineker and I agree with most of the things he says. But it does slightly rub me the wrong way when he talks about equality and fairness, when he financially benefits from what is effectively a regressive poll tax.
Last edited by NBDag on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:I think the point trying to be made is that is can be considered a bit hard to appreciate the opinions of people like Lineker on issues regarding the public and society as a whole, especially when he takes c£500k a year from the tax payer for presenting a TV show. So people don't feel their opinion is wrong, but it can be seen as rich to hear certain opinions from people who are happily taking so much from the society they want to help.
You think if Lineker wasn't taking the £500k it would be spent for the benefit of "society" (whatever that is).
NBDag

Irrelevant how it would be spent if he wasn't getting that much. My point is that he happily benefits financially from the license fee which is an unfair use of taxpayers money. Which is going to anger people when he talks about certain issues.
TomMc

Diggerthedog wrote:Not saying that at all, if you read my previous post I said everyone is allowed an opinion.
You did, but then you went on to say that you won't entertain someone's opinion due to their behaviour on a completely unrelated subject.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Irrelevant how it would be spent if he wasn't getting that much. My point is that he happily benefits financially from the license fee which is an unfair use of taxpayers money. Which is going to anger people when he talks about certain issues.
But I would suggest that he has obviously negotiated well if he's on that much, and presumably it fits his market value and it certainly does not preclude him from having or expressing an opinion. If it is overpaying him, it is not his fault it is the BBC's.

If they weren't paying it to Gary Lineker do you believe it would be spent on "worthy causes" or some shite situation comedy by Ben Elton? BTW your "worthy cause" may well be different to mine further complicating it.

The license fee is a whole different debate.
TomMc

NBDag wrote:I think the point trying to be made is that is can be considered a bit hard to appreciate the opinions of people like Lineker on issues regarding the public and society as a whole, especially when he takes c£500k a year from the tax payer for presenting a TV show.
Did you have the same opinion of Jeremy Clarkson's opinions when he was working for The Beeb?
Diggerthedog

TomMc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Not saying that at all, if you read my previous post I said everyone is allowed an opinion.
You did, but then you went on to say that you won't entertain someone's opinion due to their behaviour on a completely unrelated subject.
He opinion was to apologise on my behalf i have nothing to apologise for.