New Consortium

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

I saw a Michael Caine film once, where his hand became possessed & was no longer in his control.

Maybe this is what happened on this occasion?

:shock:
diggerdagger1

Kevin.....nah just an old git with techno fear syndrome at least that's what my work colleagues tell me!!!!!!
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike.....the sentence should have read "I voted against with great reluctance for I knew I could be endangering the future of the club but could not vote for tamplin" just checked my written notes and that is what I should have posted
Written notes? On what you post here, or on how you voted? BTW there was no against, just "for" or "abstain".

I am getting a definite whiff of bovine fecal matter.
Alan

Kevin wrote:I saw a Michael Caine film once, where his hand became possessed & was no longer in his control.

Maybe this is what happened on this occasion?

:shock:
Brilliant.
diggerdagger1

Mike......FYI I always take notes at any meeting I attend plus write down on a piece of paper what I am going to post on this forum. That's why I say I am new to this so like to check it against what I post and do make mistakes. With regards to your last comment.....the term pot kettle black comes to mind because if I an full of it that is due to me learning from a master who posts on this forum!!!!!!
diggerdagger1

Mike.....a classic example is I said against when I should have said abstain. Bit like you really saying 13 instead of 11 see we all make mistakes!!!!!!
Alan

I have to say that I find the whole business of wrongly stating that you voted for when you abstained very strange. You didn't just state that you voted for reluctantly, you stated that to not vote for it would not bear thinking about.

diggerdagger1 wrote:Di Mike dash wood...... As a member I was at the meeting last night. The members were given a straight chose either to vote for or abstain. Tbh there was only one bid on the table and to not vote for it would not bear thinking about. Totally wrong to put the members in this position imo. Comments like the club is surviving on a month to month basis possible administration were used before the vote. I personally was disappointed with some of the members tbh.
The Romford Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Lupine......surely ALL daggers fans want what is best for the club? This matter should never ever have been about what is best for individuals imo. Again well done auntie merge from day one she never changed her opinion and was proved right and I would like to thank her for that. Like many others I was for one day and against another day. Personally would love the east consortium plus ward plus Hopkins plus still take over. The 3 amigos (got it right this time) backed tamplin all the way and have got us into this mess. Do I think they can make the right decisions and get us out of this mess......No!!!!!! Would urge them to do the honourable thing and resign from the board

From this post and many others you come across very high and mighty.

Just an observation.
The Romford Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike.....the sentence should have read "I voted against with great reluctance for I knew I could be endangering the future of the club but could not vote for tamplin" just checked my written notes and that is what I should have posted

Written notes?? :lol:

I've heard it all now.
Auntie Merge

One of the reasons Steve Thompson and Dave Bennett etc have not yet gone is because all some people do on here is criticise other supporters, rather than collaborate and act as a collective against a common cause.

By the way sometimes I type or write up what I'm going to post on here before I do. I don't think it's uncommon.
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:One of the reasons Steve Thompson and Dave Bennett etc have not yet gone is because all some people do on here is criticise other supporters, rather than collaborate and act as a collective against a common cause.

By the way sometimes I type or write up what I'm going to post on here before I do. I don't think it's uncommon.
Actually the major reason Tommo and Bennett have not gone yet is they would leave a massive hole in the day to day runn8ing of the club (Tommo) and its finances (Bennett) that would see us in even more trouble than we are now. Whether you think most of what they do day to day is wrong or right, whether you think they have made a series of poor decisions over the last few years (which I do actually), they actually care massively about the Daggers.

As for writing stuff down, do you often do that then find when you look at the post some time later that you wrote the total opposite of what you meant to??

If so, I recommend https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/ ;)
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:
As for writing stuff down, do you often do that then find when you look at the post some time later that you wrote the total opposite of what you meant to??

Is that meant to be funny? As a joke I find it in very poor taste.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:One of the reasons Steve Thompson and Dave Bennett etc have not yet gone is because all some people do on here is criticise other supporters, rather than collaborate and act as a collective against a common cause.

Actually the major reason Tommo and Bennett have not gone yet is they would leave a massive hole in the day to day runn8ing of the club (Tommo) and its finances (Bennett) that would see us in even more trouble than we are now. Whether you think most of what they do day to day is wrong or right, whether you think they have made a series of poor decisions over the last few years (which I do actually), they actually care massively about the Daggers.

Thompson is paid and can be replaced. Bennett cared so much he was holidaying in Florida when the most important meeting in the clubs history took place. Yes he pumps in money but its only a loan and is repaid in full.

The club at the end of the season need to go part time, the finances/gates prove this. Dover don't do to badly in this mode.
dagger4eva

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Thompson is paid handsomely and can be replaced. Bennett cared so much he was holidaying in Florida when the most important meeting in the clubs history took place. Yes he pumps in money but its only a loan and is repaid in full.

The club at the end of the season need to go part time, the finances/gates prove this. Dover don't do to badly in this mode.
Correction in bold - and should also add saw it fit to give himself an approx. £5k pay rise recently despite the club's more than precarious position.

#JustSaying
RampantDuke

Mike the Dagger wrote:

This is probably far more truthful than anyone wants to admit. I would like to understand who is waiting in the wings to do the job that Thompson does on the money he earns and with as much enthusiasm and passion for the club. I don't like Thompson as a person - I find him odious and yes he has made many mistakes but I haven't seen the succession plan. Any ideas?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!