Letter from the Chairman - 25th November 2016

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Dear Member

I am writing to inform you of recent developments at the club.

Firstly I enclose a copy of the 2015 – 2016 accounts for Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club Ltd. You will see that the accounts show a deficit of £204,677, before adjustments for tax. This is about £100,000 less than Steve Thompson was predicting this time last year but does include the transfer fee for Jodi Jones. These results only emphasise the financial position of the Club and the need for outside investment, which I know you have agreed in principle.

It is with regret that the proposals presented to you last month were unable to proceed but I can assure you that Members of the Board are currently in discussions with a number of people with the aim of forming a new consortium which can then be brought to you, the Members, for approval. Unfortunately when dealing with more than one person these matters take time and we certainly want to be able to come back to you with a degree of confidence before doing so. In the meantime can I assure you that finances have been put into place to ensure that the Club can run at its current level.

We are hopeful that these discussions will be completed within the next few weeks and fully expect to be able to send you a full proposal or at the very least a firm outline by early January. With this in mind and conscious of not calling meetings unnecessarily we have decided to hold this year’s AGM in January. We have provisionally set a date for Wednesday 18th January 2017 but formal notices will be sent out to confirm this in due course. We have taken advice on this course of action and have been informed that it is quiet legal and in fact not unusual. Hopefully this will ensure that we have all the information in place and will not burden you with an unnecessary meeting in December, when we will have no concrete information to present.

One piece of information I can give you however is that following a Board Meeting on Monday 21st November I can announce that Mr Glyn Hopkin was co-opted to the Board with immediate effect. He is someone who has been associated with the Club for more than 20 years, known to many of you, and I believe someone who will be a great asset to the club.

Obviously if you have any questions on any of the above and would like to speak to myself or any member of the Board, please feel free to email, phone or speak to any of us on a match day.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year and some great football in the meantime.
Come on you Daggers!

Yours sincerely

Paul Gwinn
Chairman
NBDag

Are you able to share a copy with non-members?
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Are you able to share a copy with non-members?
I have permission, yes.
Daggernewbie

At last some news on our finances.Is this going to be a new thing letting us supporters know what going on ?
Last edited by Daggernewbie on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

After all the speculation, I think it is safe to assume Mr Hopkin is the very generous man who has effectively underwritten / secured the clubs immediate future given his co-opting on to the board. I think we owe him a great deal for that!

As for Kim Jung & DTP – I hope they are no-where near the new consortium to take over.

Failed once
Failed twice

Will fail a 3rd time
diggerdagger1

Mike......have you permission to share the accounts sent out with the letter you have published?
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike......have you permission to share the accounts sent out with the letter you have published?
No, and don't have them. As a Member, I presume you do though...
diggerdagger1

Yes I do have them. The accounts and letter were sent together. Was just wondering if they had sent the accounts to you. As a member I personally have no problem with non members seeing them once all members have seen them. They are very interesting to say the least!
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Yes I do have them. The accounts and letter were sent together. Was just wondering if they had sent the accounts to you. As a member I personally have no problem with non members seeing them once all members have seen them. They are very interesting to say the least!
Interesting that they are interesting. Who'd have thought it.
diggerdagger1

Mike......what I meant that they are not as bad as I thought they would be that's all. We should remember tamplin saying its me or administration. Going to ask you a polite question. Do you think if you asked the person who gave you a copy of the letter for a copy of the accounts to publish on this forum they would give them to you and permit you to publish them. Also appreciate this is something you may not be happy doing and I fully understand that as well
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike......what I meant that they are not as bad as I thought they would be that's all. We should remember tamplin saying its me or administration. Going to ask you a polite question. Do you think if you asked the person who gave you a copy of the letter for a copy of the accounts to publish on this forum they would give them to you and permit you to publish them. Also appreciate this is something you may not be happy doing and I fully understand that as well
What period to the accounts cover though?

The letter states 2015-16, in which case they exclude probably 6 months of overspending based on the assumption that there was investment coming in on top of the £204k.

I can ask for the detail, but you could just summarise them for the class maybe?
diggerdagger1

Mike......they go into great detail by the time I summarised the takeover would probably have gone through! Would be much easier if you could ask please or send me a pm wiry your address and I will send you a copy
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike......they go into great detail by the time I summarised the takeover would probably have gone through! Would be much easier if you could ask please or send me a pm wiry your address and I will send you a copy
Contact details are at http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8000000
diggerdagger1

Mike.....thanks does that website give your address? As would not have a clue how to send them by computer. Also if I posted them to you would you publish them on here there are 12 pages
dagger4eva

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike.....thanks does that website give your address? As would not have a clue how to send them by computer. Also if I posted them to you would you publish them on here there are 12 pages
UNBELIEVABLY - if you scroll to the bottom of the page linked by Mike, there is a heading named “CONTACT US”

If you very simply follow the very simple instruction of “clicking here” as if by magic, you are taken straight through to the Mike’s direct e-mail address.

All very simple.