Another defeat last night ( Torquay )

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Yet another defeat at home,last few games all we seemed to do is lob the ball forward ,why have we suddenly stopped playing the ball on the ground I know everyone is saying the injuries don`t help but we can`t keep using that excuse and I can never get my head around why 90% of the time we don`t leave at least one player up front when the opposition has a corner all we do is clear the ball and it goes straight back to them,personally I would leave two up front that`s takes at least four of there players out of the penalty area.Well that`s my moan over for now :)
ARNU

How many times can we use injuries as excuses ? Even Luke Howell and pennels injury wheeled out as excuses now. One ain't played all season anyway and the other barely makes the bench when he is fit. Last night you couldn't see us scoring and you knew Torquay were gonna nick one. Scapegoat of the night has to be frankie Raymond, loses the ball 9 times out of 10 and too lightweight. His only contribution that block on the line late on. Their keeper made some god saves motm for me Corey whitely,
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:How many times can we use injuries as excuses ? Even Luke Howell and pennels injury wheeled out as excuses now. One ain't played all season anyway and the other barely makes the bench when he is fit. Last night you couldn't see us scoring and you knew Torquay were gonna nick one. Scapegoat of the night has to be frankie Raymond, loses the ball 9 times out of 10 and too lightweight. His only contribution that block on the line late on. Their keeper made some god saves motm for me Corey whitely,
Fejiri Okenabirhie, Matt Robinson, Curtley Williams, all key players missing. Robson out means a rusty Dagger in Magnus at centre half, or Staunton, who is filling in on the right for Williams (when Widdowson isn't played out of position and we play a midfielder at left back...) Shepherd is a prospect but not ready yet for the bigger games.

JMD looks like he needs a rest to me, but isn't going to get it at the moment. Hawkins limped off yesterday and its pretty clear Benno, as good as he is, and/or Assombalonga are not the threat he is. Howell is out, fact, whether you rate him or not. I worried for Scott Doe yesterday, coming back from a reported hamstring on the coldest night of the year. It worked but that had to be a gamble surely.

We are banged up at the moment. Best we can hope for is to hang on in and get a few points here and there and hope some of those first choice players get fit when a decent run might still drag us back into the playoffs.
Alan

ARNU wrote:How many times can we use injuries as excuses ? Even Luke Howell and pennels injury wheeled out as excuses now. One ain't played all season anyway and the other barely makes the bench when he is fit. Last night you couldn't see us scoring and you knew Torquay were gonna nick one. Scapegoat of the night has to be frankie Raymond, loses the ball 9 times out of 10 and too lightweight. His only contribution that block on the line late on. Their keeper made some god saves motm for me Corey whitely,
You picked out Raymond's lack of contribution. Raymond wouldn't be playing if Robinson or Howell were fit. You couldn't see us scoring, but of course that is made harder by having a midfielder who is making no contribution and we couldn't, for example, bring on Okenabiherie to add some threat, because he is injured. So that's why people are pointing to injuries.
ARNU

Excuses.
If you bring back all the injured players how many would start ?
Okenbirie yes but who ya gonna drop ?
Point is they won't all start will they ?
We were 2 players away from full strength last night.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Excuses.
Really? Which two?
Alan

4 players away from your first choice 11 in the thread you started.

According to you we had a player who made no contribution other than a goal line clearance. Surely changing even that one player who made almost no contribution to, for example, a fit Matt Robinson would improve the team? Can't you agree that basic premise?

Can you agree the basic premise that having Okenaneherie fit and either starting or on the bench, a player who has 4 goals and quite a few assists in 16 appearances, would have given us a different attacking option?
ARNU

Alan wrote:
4 players away from your first choice 11 in the thread you started.

According to you we had a player who made no contribution other than a goal line clearance. Surely changing even that one player who made almost no contribution to, for example, a fit Matt Robinson would improve the team? Can't you agree that basic premise?

Can you agree the basic premise that having Okenaneherie fit and either starting or on the bench, a player who has 4 goals and quite a few assists in 16 appearances, would have given us a different attacking option?
Feriji and Robibo in for Raymond and Magnus and that to me is pretty much the perfect team the other 2 changes I'd make were purely because I could in a hypothetical.
Alan

Arnu, Arnu, Arnu. Nice try.
ARNU

Put another way we have a few injuries but only a couple of them players would pick themselves. I've seen enough of Raymond , he's not good enough and Staunton Benno and Magnus are at best a sub but who else that played last night would only be benchwarmers? From what I remember pennel was quite good. Gutteridge can be great but can be very shit, do we need such inconsistency ? Shepherd is young and may improve but he's nowhere near yet either. 2 players would have improved matters last night.
bearaab

I can't believe people still fall for your bullshit
ARNU

bearaab wrote:I can't believe people still fall for your bullshit
Me neither. Were you at the game ?
Mike the Dagger

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 47754.aspx

It's a long old read considering we don't have an injury crisis.