Takes you back

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
diggerdagger1

Remember the 3 trips to RMI Leigh? First one as we arrived at Leigh RMI the whole coach hummed the theme to coronation street!!!!!! Second trip we arrived just as the teams kicked off and the 3rd one was the last leg of 3 long trips in 8 days covering 1200 miles in total. The only home one I can remember is the one where they turned up late but the fans arrived on time, the team coach decided on that occasion decided to go through London en route to daggers! Travel independently now but do miss the coach trips though
Mike the Dagger

You need to check your notes. We played Leigh RMI for five seasons.

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... ow+Matches
diggerdagger1

Why do I need to check my notes? All I said I remember my 3 trips as I only went to Leigh RMI 3 times. Where in my post does it say we only played them fot only 3 seasons?
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Remember the 3 trips to RMI Leigh?
Pretty clear, no? Replace "the" with "my" and add "I" to the front and it makes sense as your three trips, not the club's three (which was actually five.)

It's like saying you voted "for" something when you actually meant to say "against" or "abstained", it changes the whole meaning of the sentance.
diggerdagger1

Thanks for that Mike much appreciated. You are quite correct as always, I urgently need help. Do you know any organisations that can help me?is there such things as computer bullying or computer stalking? Was going to comment on your blue and white shirt post but what is the point if all I am getting back is a sarcastic reply. Please feel free to correct this post for me please you can never get enough education in life even in your advancing years
Mike the Dagger

No problem.

Remember "google is your friend" when you need to find people to help with those sort of problems. I am worried about posting links after my last attempt to help you was taken in the wrong way.

I am glad you clarified you hadn't replied to the picture of the shirt on the other thread not because you have no answer to repeatedly slagging off someone that has put a lot of time and money into the football club you support for many years, but because you were worried about a sarcastic response. See, my campaign to stop you posting bollocks is working slowly.

Together, we can overcome it.
Chigwellian

Mike the Dagger wrote:You need to check your notes. We played Leigh RMI for five seasons.

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... ow+Matches
Getting boring now !!
diggerdagger1

As I have said previously a family member gave me there old computer and slowly but surely I am picking things up.my son is going with me to Dover tomorrow and before we go he is going to do some training and I will ask him about Google. With respect Mike your comment re links is in your words utter bollocks. Initially you were being very disrespectful and quite frankly would respect you more if you gave a sincere apology without any sarcasm. What made it worse was that when I recalled my experiences you made a number of awful comments. Would also like to remind you that others were insulted as well ed auntie merge and chigwellian. J have also been contacted by others who feel you were bang out of order.my comment about the blue and white shirt was purely going to be about the shirt only snd nothing to do with compass and Bennett. My views on Bennett is well known. I feel that he should go for the reasons I have stated previously. You obviously disagree and I respect that you are entitled to your opinion. What I do not see is any respect back for the people saying the 3 amigos should go. People wonder why we have a North Korean daggers flag at the daggers.like you I post information from people in the know or to use your term third party. If this is the information you say is bollocks then I could say the sane for you. Noted your campaign against me which I could say is computer stalking and bullying. I will not stop posting as this is a free world and I am entitled to my views. Feel free to respond any way you want Mike but please show dignity and remember the old saying sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and if wit was shit you would be constipated. Btw you bang on about Bennetts financial help to our club but fail to mention the easts massive contributions in various ways is this because you are annoyed with them or because they have chosen to not respond to you. Also note that I have responded to all your points and not cherry picked points like you do.
diggerdagger1

Chigwellian...... My apologies as I feel the same as you. But hope you understand that I had to reply to Mike. Irrespective of Mike's no doubt sarcastic derogatory reply I will for the sanity of the forum and my own will not respond.
Mike the Dagger

Thanks for the reply.

I used to think that it was the younger generation that struggled with spelling and grammar. For someone that makes meticulous notes before they post and is of the generation, apparently, that valued the English Language, this is shocking...
diggerdagger1 wrote:As I have said previously a family member gave me there old computer and slowly but surely I am picking things up.my son is going with me to Dover tomorrow and before we go he is going to do some training and I will ask him about Google. With respect Mike your comment re links is in your words utter bollocks. Initially you were being very disrespectful and quite frankly would respect you more if you gave a sincere apology without any sarcasm. What made it worse was that when I recalled my experiences you made a number of awful comments. Would also like to remind you that others were insulted as well ed auntie merge and chigwellian.

[New Paragraph]J have also been contacted by others who feel you were bang out of order.my comment about the blue and white shirt was purely going to be about the shirt only snd nothing to do with compass and Bennett. My views on Bennett is well known. I feel that he should go for the reasons I have stated previously. You obviously disagree and I respect that you are entitled to your opinion. What I do not see is any respect back for the people saying the 3 amigos should go. People wonder why we have a North Korean daggers flag at the daggers.like you I post information from people in the know, or to use your term "third party". If this is the information you say is bollocks then I could say the sane for you.

[New Paragraph I think, although the sentence is really poor English]Noted your campaign against me which I could say is computer stalking and bullying. I will not stop posting as this is a free world and I am entitled to my views. Feel free to respond any way you want Mike but please show dignity and remember the old saying sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and if wit was shit, you would be constipated.

[New Paragraph]Btw you bang on about Bennett's financial help to our club but fail to mention the easts massive contributions in various ways. is this because you are annoyed with them or because they have chosen to not respond to you. Also note that I have responded to all your points and not cherry picked points like you do.
I suggest you go away, check your notes and try again with something that makes more sense next time ;)

OK, sarcasm over, I know that winds you up.

I have never belittled the Easts. Please show me where I have done that?

I have also strongly criticised both Dave Bennett and Steve Thompson for getting us to where we are now. What I am suggesting is that they, and their contribution to the club to date, deserve some respect.

I have also never suggested you stop posting, just stated that if you spout bollocks, you aren't going to get a free pass. Maybe I only cherry pick the points that are bollocks? It helps a little with brevity, although posts can still get quite long given the levels of bollocks being spouted.

As for responding to all my points, I do recall you asking me a series of pointed questions right back at the start of our interactions and never responding with any answers of your own when I asked questions in response regarding why I was getting the third degree.

I have also asked what it is that Chris Smythe has done to deserve so much anger, and why John Still, David Ward and Glyn Hopkin are apparently getting a free ride despite throwing their hats in with Tamplin, with no response.
Auntie Merge

Wow Mike, just wow.

I really can't believe some of the things you are posting on here at the moment.

As I understand it Chris Smythe may be the person who introduced Tamplin to the club. I could be wrong, but they may be very good friends.

None of the others in the consortium get criticism because they weren't directly involved in the shambles of the past two years.

As to the money that Dave Bennett had put into the club. As I understand it, it was either sponsorship via his company, which would have come out of company accounts/been tax deductible or it was a loan which required repayment. Regardless of this, he has been chairman whilst so many things have gone wrong.
The Romford Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:As I have said previously a family member gave me there old computer and slowly but surely I am picking things up.my son is going with me to Dover tomorrow and before we go he is going to do some training and I will ask him about Google. With respect Mike your comment re links is in your words utter bollocks. Initially you were being very disrespectful and quite frankly would respect you more if you gave a sincere apology without any sarcasm. What made it worse was that when I recalled my experiences you made a number of awful comments. Would also like to remind you that others were insulted as well ed auntie merge and chigwellian. J have also been contacted by others who feel you were bang out of order.my comment about the blue and white shirt was purely going to be about the shirt only snd nothing to do with compass and Bennett. My views on Bennett is well known. I feel that he should go for the reasons I have stated previously. You obviously disagree and I respect that you are entitled to your opinion. What I do not see is any respect back for the people saying the 3 amigos should go. People wonder why we have a North Korean daggers flag at the daggers.like you I post information from people in the know or to use your term third party. If this is the information you say is bollocks then I could say the sane for you. Noted your campaign against me which I could say is computer stalking and bullying. I will not stop posting as this is a free world and I am entitled to my views. Feel free to respond any way you want Mike but please show dignity and remember the old saying sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and if wit was shit you would be constipated. Btw you bang on about Bennetts financial help to our club but fail to mention the easts massive contributions in various ways is this because you are annoyed with them or because they have chosen to not respond to you. Also note that I have responded to all your points and not cherry picked points like you do.
Strange that people would message you rather than post that they thought it was out of order.

I did agree with you that it crossed a line when he replied on multiple occasions when you gave a personal response. That was a bit harsh from MTD.

But I did think your backtracking over the vote and comments prior to that to mike were unnecessary too.

Perhaps it would be best if you both stick each other on ignore rather than little digs on every thread.
diggerdagger1

TRD......thanks for that. I did suggest that previously. Mike refused to do this apparently quoting bollocks free ride etc etc. He even picked me up for answering you as TRR and not TRD! Works for me but don't think Mike will agree. Again a thread entitled takes you back has developed into this and all kicked off by Mike again.all very sad really as I know and like mike.
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Wow Mike, just wow.

I really can't believe some of the things you are posting on here at the moment.
Suze, fake indignation doesn't suit you. I take it that it was you that told this guy I was also "Hardy1" correct?
Auntie Merge wrote:As I understand it Chris Smythe may be the person who introduced Tamplin to the club. I could be wrong, but they may be very good friends.
There you go, I don't think anyone has ever said that before, and it makes a lot much clearer. I have asked a number of people who was his original contact but never got an answer.

However, given the club was looking for investment, and Chris was a director and knew a guy with money, looking to invest in a football club, introducing Tamplin in could well be viewed as him having done the club a favour as a director. No?

As I said a while ago, the long term result of Tamplin being outed is not in yet.
Auntie Merge wrote:None of the others in the consortium get criticism because they weren't directly involved in the shambles of the past two years.
David Ward? In fovour, against, in favour, against... and a long time director.
Auntie Merge wrote:As to the money that Dave Bennett had put into the club. As I understand it, it was either sponsorship via his company, which would have come out of company accounts/been tax deductible or it was a loan which required repayment. Regardless of this, he has been chairman whilst so many things have gone wrong.
Dear oh dear. "Sorry Dave, that nearly £400,000 by way of sponsorship and donations you put in the club, all the time you have put in, it was all tax deductable and therefore meaningless so we can slag you off as much as we like."

Really? You believe that him paying money in via Compass negates it? I believe Compass was his company, therefore the money was off his own "bottom line". Do you believe the same about West & Coe? Glyn Hopkin? Which other sponsors money don't we want?

I'm beginning to believe that there are a whole lot of people that really are looking for the Daggers to fall apart and disappear back to the Ryman League so they can have "their" club back, as AFC Dagenham or similar. There are certainly a lot who have no grip on the reality of the situation we are in, however we got here. And I repeat, I have been very critical of Thompson and Bennett for getting us here.