Worthing FAT 1st Round

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

At least we're not playing in the checkatrade trophy!

Who is going?

Think we will win and there will be 800 in attendance.
DagenHammer87

There's no West Ham today, so perhaps a few will take advantage of the reduced tickets.

The weather is expected to be shit come lunchtime today, but hopefully that won't have too much of an effect on the crowds or the game itself.

Hopefully we pick up a half decent win today; it's my 4 year old daughter's first game over Viccy Road today.

COYD
Daggernewbie

DagenHammer87 wrote:There's no West Ham today, so perhaps a few will take advantage of the reduced tickets.

The weather is expected to be shit come lunchtime today, but hopefully that won't have too much of an effect on the crowds or the game itself.

Hopefully we pick up a half decent win today; it's my 4 year old daughter's first game over Viccy Road today.

COYD
Hope they play well and win so your daughter enjoy`s her 1st experience and yes we desperately need the win at home C.O.Y.D.
daggersjeff

1-0

anyone have the side?
redboy

Losing 2-1 now, 83 mins gone
grumpy old git

Not there but here but hear neither the team or the fans turned up.
Sagres

Bloody disgusting
grumpy old git

What me not being there or the performance?
Mike the Dagger

Hapless performance TBH.

Played against a team of limited ability but massively more up for it than us and were on the back foot most of the game. Refereeing didn't help, but hey.

Staunton isn't a right back. And oh Magnus!!!

Maybe if Whitely had gone down when tugged back early on instead in staying up and shooting wide as a result of being off balance we'd have won against the ten men. That is why players go down easily sometimes, because referees give no protection when they don't.

How their 9 didn't get one; let alone two or three yellow cards beats me entirely.

Onward and upward!
Alan

Abject.
DagenHammer87

Refereeing didn't exactly help, but this performance was in one word - gutless.

An absolute shocker. You don't mind being outplayed, you don't mind losing to an absolute screamer; but watching player after player dodging any sort of 50/50 for most of that is diabolical. The goals were scrappy and totally avoidable today.

The defence spent a lot of time watching the ball without trying to get a foot on the ball and then aimlessly heading balls that they'd have had time to control and then physically sit on. They didn't seem to know what opposition player they were responsible for and far too many times we let them in down the wings because we couldn't deal with a simplistic style of football.

Frankie Raymond be as well have come and sat in the stands with us. Absolute pedestrian in this team. Didn't look or get involved and did an awful lot of pointing. Here's a tip Frank, instead of pointing at the bastard thing, go and get it; move it onto someone. Absolute dogshit.

In general, players looked out of position, unsure of where they were supposed to be and lacked leadership in every part of the field.

Without putting too fine a point on it, they looked like that 5 grand prize money meant nothing to them. It looked like they don't care that our finances are down the swanny so long as they get paid.

I also hate to say it, he didn't get much service today; but Hawkins looked like someone going through the motions, trying to stay fit for his big move after Christmas.

Whatever is going on needs to be sorted and sharpish. Fingers crossed this was a blip on a wet December afternoon, but that is not a good advert for the football club.
ARNU

Is it alright to have a pop at Still yet ?

Served us up a total pile of shite today.Gutless performance.Embarrassment in fact.But lets blame injuries and the pitch and the ref as usual.

We were shit and we all know it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Is it alright to have a pop at Still yet ?

Served us up a total pile of shite today.Gutless performance.Embarrassment in fact.But lets blame injuries and the pitch and the ref as usual.

We were shit and we all know it.
Pop away Arnu. Still football when it works is really good but when it does not it's bloody awful really awful. I think today was down to players not being up for it. Can't use the tired card as them Worthing players have probably done a 5 day week in their normal jobs and out performed a professional outfit.

I think Still was right with his post match comments it was all far too slow and lethargic but it's been like that for about 6 weeks now. The month ahead we have a game a week so it's not a heavy schedule and all winnable games on paper but play anything like that and it's mid table at best.
stanton101

Today's performance was poor, and while we are missing our main midfielder in Matt Robinson and arguably our most consistent centre half in Robson it comes as no surprise that since the tamplin saga stilly has seemed as disinterested as the players in our performances. It was evident today that he was unable to motivate the players despite putting out a strong side that earlier on in the season would have dispatched Worthing with ease. It was as if stilly saw a pot of gold vanish with tamplin pulling out and has really given up. I could be wrong but today's abject performance seemed to me that there is a lot of things wrong at the club that need sorting out and quickly!
Performances like today are totally unacceptable and for those of us that went an utter embarrassment.