Worthing FAT 1st Round

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:Fishing again ARNU?

Must try harder.

Out of interest though, when was Burnett doing well? Are we talking August to November 2013?
I didn't bring Burnett into this conversation if you read the whole thread. I'm not the only one who thinks the performance was shit am i ? That ******** big boo at the end wasn't me either.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

I booed at the end because it was what they deserved. Injuries, Tamplin, Still, Thompson, Weather, Transfer Moves - all total bollocks. None of them fancied it yesterday. Looked completely clueless going forward and lazy at the back hence the mistakes. I'm going to struggle to be arsed to turn up next week.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
Adrian wrote:Are you ever going to stop going on about Burnett?
You go on an out others being nostalgic but seem dive into a fair bit of nostalgia when it comes to him.
Wasn't me that bought Burnett into it .
And? You still can't help mentioning him given the chance.
ARNU

Adrian was it a well fought battle with commitment and passion ? Or was it shit ?
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Adrian was it a well fought battle with commitment and passion ? Or was it shit ?
It was massively poor on Saturday. However, the fact under half our regular home fans turned up meant that they didn't really care much, and I would be pretty sure that the football club viewed it the same, ie. great if we win, if we don't ah well (but FFS don't draw!)

Shame, I have enjoyed my three trips to Wembley in the FA Trophy, but in the grand scheme of things....

If we get the same level of commitment next Saturday then there will be something to moan about.
ARNU

So if you agree with me Mike why are you digging me out? I turned up and I cared. Like I did for Gateshead and Torquay where we were even worse.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Burnett had to go in the end but he was slagged when he did well too. John still has no responsibility it seems. Does anyone realise what we were beaten by yesterday ? We are not worthy or good enough to go up this season so we could at least have had a cup run. Worthing weren't even very good. They just wanted it more and it showed.

You're just a bundle of negativity.

Completely new squad, most inexperienced. We've beaten Lincoln, Dover and Eastleigh this season alongside drawing with Tranmere and Forest Green. Despite being destroyed with injuries, we're still in the top 5. Yes, we've lost 4 in a row at home but we've also dug in away from home and won 3 in a row away.

In tough periods, we need to dig in and show fighting spirit. Not get completely down about the club just because we put in 2-3 poor performances. The attitude of some of our fans is actually one of our big problems of recent times. We've had a much better season so far than I think a lot of us expected pre-season and yet there is still a feeling of 'meh' and 'doom' around the club.
Bundle of negativity! I just witnessed yet another piss poor performance and dared point it out. Be honest it was wank wasn't it ? Dunno if you were there or not but if you can point to any positives from yesterday I'd be happy to hear them.
Football club has poor result, shocker!

Don't dwell on it, every team has a dip. We're not going to be great every week. The fact we have 45 points from a game over half of the season suggests we're doing something right. I'd rather focus on what we've done well this season than let an FA Trophy game that we'd have forgotten about in 1-2 weeks time bring the morale and feelings towards the club down.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:So if you agree with me Mike why are you digging me out? I turned up and I cared. Like I did for Gateshead and Torquay where we were even worse.
I turned up and cared a bit. As it was it was very poor, but we didn't get a replay and we haven't picked up any fresh injuries. I'd suggest we now know a bit more about a few players too.

Does it matter what happened Saturday other than that, not really.

Get after them if it is as bad this weekend I suggest.

We ought to be looking at 12 points from the next four league games and that'll put us right back in the mix. If we can get two or three of the walking wounded back in during that too, then by the time the blank Saturday when we could have been playing the FA Trophy 2nd Round comes round on the 14th January, no one will give a hoot about what happened this week.

BTW you never said when Burnett was "doing well". I'm still guessing start of 2013/14 up to his rant after we beat Wycombe at home (30th November 2013) would about cover it.
Auntie Merge

If anyone is interested in who we would have got in the next round.
Worthing v Sutton

I didn't go on Saturday so can't comment on the game but am not surprised we're out of it.
ARNU

If the manager is gonna a field a team that dosent give shit can he let us know so that we get a chance not to care as well ?

I thought Burnett did OK many times, beating Southend away was enjoyable we also picked up our 1st ever points at Northampton. The Murphy and Zavon partnership produced some good results. It wasn't all shit was it ? Burnett team would have killed this one 9 times out of 10. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Anyway, my main point stands....Still is untouchable, nobody dare speak if he puts out 4 home defeats in a row to poor opponents. You know we're in for a defeat when he starts grandad Benno.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:If the manager is gonna a field a team that dosent give shit can he let us know so that we get a chance not to care as well ?

I thought Burnett did OK many times, beating Southend away was enjoyable we also picked up our 1st ever points at Northampton. The Murphy and Zavon partnership produced some good results. It wasn't all shit was it ? Burnett team would have killed this one 9 times out of 10. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Anyway, my main point stands....Still is untouchable, nobody dare speak if he puts out 4 home defeats in a row to poor opponents. You know we're in for a defeat when he starts grandad Benno.
Hahahaha... You hated Murphy!
ARNU

Couldn't jump or head the ball except when he played against us, kept going offside and was lazy. You all loved him. And that's why he's now at Man Utd... sorry non league forest green !
DaggerJoel11

ARNU wrote:Couldn't jump or head the ball except when he played against us, kept going offside and was lazy. You all loved him. And that's why he's now at Man Utd... sorry non league forest green !
Murphy's on loan at York now.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

DaggerJoel11 wrote:
ARNU wrote:Couldn't jump or head the ball except when he played against us, kept going offside and was lazy. You all loved him. And that's why he's now at Man Utd... sorry non league forest green !
Murphy's on loan at York now.
Barcelona will be all over that move. Lol !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:If the manager is gonna a field a team that dosent give shit can he let us know so that we get a chance not to care as well ?

No-one has ever said that there weren't some good games under Burnett. However, his best season was when the squad still had a core of Still players. The more Burnett players we had, the worse it got.
No-one has ever said that there haven't been some poor games under Still this season (or any other time). However, we're currently 15 points short of the total Burnett managed when we finished 9th, with more than 20 games to go. We've hit a bad patch, most teams do during a season.

Did you know we were in for a defeat when Benno started against Dover?
And where is Burnett managing now? I'm pretty sure you thought he'd go onto better things.