sssssssshhh

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Blimey quiet on here for a couple of days,come on you miserable lot,surely theres someone out there who needs to get a moan off their chest!
mickeyblue

grrrrrrrrrr xmas
pffffffffttttttt pound is crap
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr council tax going up to pay for care when care should be paid out of personal stamp paid all bloody ready!
booooooo price of tickets saturday is a joke

oooooooooo football saturday :)

moan moan whinge whinge
but we finished 9th!
Pondfield Dagger

cant really moan, 4th in the league, 5 points from top... been a decent first half of the season.
RampantDuke

Pound is crap (and will be for next 3 years at least) because 'we' voted for Brexit.

Kaboom! That should get things stirred up a bit. I'm off!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Alan

Your personal national insurance contributions are not applied to you personally. But if they were, they would have to cover all of the NHS care you received during your life, your state pension and any care. A person earning £30,000 a year pays £2,600 a year in NI. If they were in work for 45 years they would pay £117,000.

If they drew a state pension of £140 per week for 18 years, they would receive £131,040.

If they had a hip replacement, the cost is approx £12,000 for the first operation and similar for the revision 10-15 years later.

If they require residential care, the cost is, typically, £40,000 per year. Let's say, 3 years at that? That's £120,000.

So I've totted up £270,000 plus without a single visit to the gp, prescription or trip to the hospital other than a hip replacement and revision. I've not added in the cost of a chronic condition such as diabetes, which is a bloody pandemic, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Against contributions of £117,000. A deficit of £153,000.

The NI contributions you pay today pay for the NHS and pensions being paid today; they aren't squirrelled away for you. What today's pensioners paid in went to pay for their parents and grandparents. We have an ageing population because of advances in medicine, nutrition and so on. If we want a system where we pay in for care that we might need, the costs are likely to be much higher than the current ni rates.
mickeyblue

next whinge why oh why does it cost so much. for example the help in care homes are on minimum wage yet it cost stupid money to stay there.
this is what needs looking at.
why it cost a fraction of price to do operations abroad.

I for 1 cannot see why struggling family's have to face above inflation on tax for a problem that has not been addressed for years.
but we finished 9th!
Crushed Dreams

24 hours at £7.50 ph is £180 per day! Minimum wage is increasing to nearer £9 by 2020, or 20%.

Obviously staff can cover more than i resident but there will also need to be cover for sickness, holidays etc.
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:next whinge why oh why does it cost so much. for example the help in care homes are on minimum wage yet it cost stupid money to stay there.

I for 1 cannot see why struggling family's have to face above inflation on tax for a problem that has not been addressed for years.
You could look after the elderly or infirm person yourself. Feed wash wipe their arse and supervise them 24/7 in your own home and save the money. How much money would you want to do that ? Now I'm sure you'd look after your own for free but to do all that for a stranger is a big ask. I wouldn't wipe your arse for a grand. £7.50 for an hour dosent seem like a bad deal does it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

Glad you started this thread Bill, I thought something had happened and the forum had ceased such was the lack of activity!!

Nothing to get of me chest though!!! Life is good, Christmas is coming, the Daggers are fourth in League and the beer is on special tomorrow in the Club. Just looking forward to a few beers and catching up with the likes of you and Wally.
Alan

mickeyblue wrote:next whinge why oh why does it cost so much. for example the help in care homes are on minimum wage yet it cost stupid money to stay there.

Premises, furniture, equipment, food, utilities, insurance, training etc all have to be paid for, not just staff, not all of who will be on minimum wage.

Why does medical treatment cost more here than where though? Taking the hip replacement, it might be more expensive here than Eastern Europe where the labour costs are lower, but it isn't cheaper than the US for example where a hip replacement costs $40,000 and the cost in Western Europe is fairly similar to the UK.
DI Mike Dashwood

Come on Alan you're no fun are you!!! Much better to go along with the tabloid myths that everyone in this country gets a raw deal and we would all be much better off living somewhere else as everywhere else is great and this country has gone to the dogs ;)
IanC

ha ha your all welcome,decent thread,zzzzzz.
See ya tomorrow dashers.
mickeyblue

my point is people getting rich off the likes of nursing home whilst paying minimum wage.

then they want to charge us more for it. I can tell u now we don't get a great deal out of bugger all and nobody gave me anything.
typing on phone is also hard

don't read tabloids anymore it's all doom and gloom but know a few people that work in social care. and at least 50% of money charged goes fat cats way not bedding etc.
another good stat for you to find out Alan is how many in this country actually pay for there care themself

I bet it's close to 60%
but we finished 9th!
mickeyblue

ARNU wrote:

You could look after the elderly or infirm person yourself. Feed wash wipe their arse and supervise them 24/7 in your own home and save the money. How much money would you want to do that ? Now I'm sure you'd look after your own for free but to do all that for a stranger is a big ask. I wouldn't wipe your arse for a grand. £7.50 for an hour dosent seem like a bad deal does it ?
nonsense you would wipe my butt and love it hee hee
btw mate you don't pay the 7.50 it's about 1250 a week for care.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

I'm not having a dig and I agree it's dear but a business has to make money pay its overheads staff facilities etc and reinvest into itself. Care homes are no different. Anyone want to discuss euthanasia ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !