Can't complain about that for a fiver

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

8 goals including a couple of belters and a lovely first goal for Hyde.

Despite the apparent inability of our supporters to see it, there was no lack of effort. Special mentions to Hyde and Whitely

Other highlights were Oliver "two assists and a goal" Hawkins being called useless and watching a few clapping at the end after they'd spent the first half moaning at everything.
TommyD&R

Today shows how much we're gonna miss Robinson for the rest of this season though for sure. Can't wait till Robsons back too.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:8 goals including a couple of belters and a lovely first goal for Hyde.

Despite the apparent inability of our supporters to see it, there was no lack of effort. Special mentions to Hyde and Whitely

Other highlights were Oliver "two assists and a goal" Hawkins being called useless and watching a few clapping at the end after they'd spent the first half moaning at everything.
Most of the players gave it their all (although I think some were passengers) and Whiteley was excellent. However, dress it up as much as you want, that was an appalling team performance today.

We got out of jail massively as the Solihull keeper spilt an easy catch for the 3rd. He catches that like he should and that game more than likely ends 4-2.

I have to ask where Guttridge was today. He spent 80 minutes being on the periphery and 5-10 minutes at the end making lung busting runs in behind the long ball to Hawkins when he should have been doing that all match. Defensively, Doe and Staunton were horrific. First goal was awful and then a carbon copy went wide just moments later.

The 4th goal was a joke. Widdowson (I think) threw the ball straight at their player. Our guy wasn't anywhere near. They knock a ball forward which both Doe and Staunton go for and that leaves the middle completely unguarded. Amateurish.

Hyde showed good spirit but at times was way out of position. For much of the first half, we played 5-0-5 with Boucaud sitting deep and Hyde up with Guttridge just behind Hawkins. JMD was anonymous and Hawkins spent most of the game being wrestled. He needs to become a bit smarter at winning them duels or at least forcing the foul (although the terrible ref didn't help matters).

Whiteley was excellent, constantly hassling and making runs into the channel. Individuals aside, we need to be far smarter as a team. Yes, we have terrible injuries but all of them players out there are capable of doing the basics. And if we'd done the basics today, we'd have won comfortably.
ARNU

Woeful start.Doe had a nightmare and his petulance could've got him booked early on for throwing the ball away.It was his fault the first goal, too busy telling another player to F off than defend.Gutteridge again fails to impress me,mainly cos when you want your team to dig deep you need leadership from the experienced players.Im never gonna like him I'm afraid goes missing an awful lot.JMD is lucky to get a start too.Keeper needs a rest,Id give the other one a run out or two.

Bearing in mind we were 3-0 down I have to be happy with 4-4 and Whitely was by far the best player out there today,but id be lying if I said I enjoyed the game as Moors were clearly shit and we should have buried them today.

I'll stop there I think.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

OK, if we're going to anaylse stuff:

Widdowson - played a big part in 3 of their goals. The first he should win the ball in their half but bottles the challenge, they end up with the throw which led to the goal.
The third he just has to put out, but mucks about, loses the ball and it goes back to the player that hit the shot that Justham spilt.
The fourth - beyond words how bad the throw was.

Guttridge - spent a big part of the middle part of the game playing deeper as he was having to cover Boucaud who reverted to last years version of himself. Despite that still played a part in the second goal.

Bocuad - anonymous and they'd worked him out. Leadership from experienced players has been mentioned - he had none of that.

Justham - has been largely excellent all season. Calling for him to be dropped when he's head and shoulders a better all round keeper than Cousins is just silly.

Picking out Hyde for being out of position is silly. He's a kid and wasn't exactly being looked after by the experienced player behind him.

We got out of jail with their keepers spill? Same could be said for being where they were with Justhams spill.

If people really can't enjoy eight goals and some proper all in challenges then they might as well give up watching football. Or find out where Burnett is managing so they can watch nice technical football but avoid nasty things like goals.
Diggerthedog

leewilson wrote:
Adrian wrote:8 goals including a couple of belters and a lovely first goal for Hyde.

Most of the players gave it their all (although I think some were passengers) and Whiteley was excellent. However, dress it up as much as you want, that was an appalling team performance today.

We got out of jail massively as the Solihull keeper spilt an easy catch for the 3rd. He catches that like he should and that game more than likely ends 4-2.

I have to ask where Guttridge was today. He spent 80 minutes being on the periphery and 5-10 minutes at the end making lung busting runs in behind the long ball to Hawkins when he should have been doing that all match. Defensively, Doe and Staunton were horrific. First goal was awful and then a carbon copy went wide just moments later.

The 4th goal was a joke. Widdowson (I think) threw the ball straight at their player. Our guy wasn't anywhere near. They knock a ball forward which both Doe and Staunton go for and that leaves the middle completely unguarded. Amateurish.

Hyde showed good spirit but at times was way out of position. For much of the first half, we played 5-0-5 with Boucaud sitting deep and Hyde up with Guttridge just behind Hawkins. JMD was anonymous and Hawkins spent most of the game being wrestled. He needs to become a bit smarter at winning them duels or at least forcing the foul (although the terrible ref didn't help matters).

Whiteley was excellent, constantly hassling and making runs into the channel. Individuals aside, we need to be far smarter as a team. Yes, we have terrible injuries but all of them players out there are capable of doing the basics. And if we'd done the basics today, we'd have won comfortably.
Could not some it up better.

Guttridge was an embarrassment, he had a week off last week and still looks well below the standard required. He is being shown up by the likes of Corey who has a superb attitude.

Were hanging on to those play offs thanks to the away wins.

Well done Hyde on his first senior goal.
Chigwellian

I think Doe needs to look long and hard at himself. As already mentioned, he was more concerned about shouting at other players and missed their forward just running past him for one of the goals.
Also, booting the ball away was just plain stupid... He was lucky not to get booked for that.
DI Mike Dashwood

Have to agree with Lee (I won't write as much as him though)!!!

Was good game but in all honesty we were all over the show at times. The defending was comical and the midfield was non existent at times. The effort was certainly there, but we just looked to disjointed.

Saying that, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and certainly feel everyone would have got their monies worth!!
leewilson

Adrian wrote:OK, if we're going to anaylse stuff:

If people really can't enjoy eight goals and some proper all in challenges then they might as well give up watching football. Or find out where Burnett is managing so they can watch nice technical football but avoid nasty things like goals.
I don't think anybody is saying that it wasn't a thrilling game. I'm sure the neutrals loved it. I certainly didn't come out having been bored. But first and foremost as a D&R fan, I want us to win and not defend like idiots.
Diggerthedog

Exactly, yes it was a decent game but last four league home games we have got one point and conceded 14. It certainly beats getting beat at the bottom of league two each week.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Spot on Lee ,Arnu and DTD . We played 10 minutes of each half and were simply dreadful for the remainder.

The fact we drew 4 4 says more about our opponents then us who ran out of legs and deserved more then they got.

A team of Part Timers who did not get of their bus until an hour before kick off gave us a lesson for most parts.

If we don't get the fourth then there would be howls on here and rightfully so we were awfull
RampantDuke

Sorry - don't agree with this stuff about 'giving it their all' and 'can't fault the effort'. The first 30 minutes we were nowhere to be seen, losing every challenge, giving the ball away cheaply, absolutely no clue what to do when we had possession (see last 5 home games for reference). The ball went dead in front of the sieve and quite rightly some of our fans let the players know exactly what they thought of it. It was only after the lazy sods heard some home truths that they put in a shift for the rest of the half and by putting in a bit more they managed to score two goals. Second half we came out sluggish again and again it was only really a 10 minute spell of high tempo and hard work near the end that got us the draw.

Probably the most worrying part of this whole day was that it took a 'team talk' from the regulars to get them going in the first half. John Still didn't seem too animated from where I was standing. He should have been giving pelters for that shambolic first 30 mins. Maybe he was and I couldn't hear or see it? Any views from the people that sit near him?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Adrian

leewilson wrote:
Adrian wrote:OK, if we're going to anaylse stuff:

I don't think anybody is saying that it wasn't a thrilling game. I'm sure the neutrals loved it. I certainly didn't come out having been bored. But first and foremost as a D&R fan, I want us to win and not defend like idiots.
In this thread someone has said they didn't enjoy it and I heard it at the ground.
Adrian

RampantDuke wrote:Sorry - don't agree with this stuff about 'giving it their all' and 'can't fault the effort'. The first 30 minutes we were nowhere to be seen, losing every challenge, giving the ball away cheaply, absolutely no clue what to do when we had possession (see last 5 home games for reference). The ball went dead in front of the sieve and quite rightly some of our fans let the players know exactly what they thought of it. It was only after the lazy sods heard some home truths that they put in a shift for the rest of the half and by putting in a bit more they managed to score two goals. Second half we came out sluggish again and again it was only really a 10 minute spell of high tempo and hard work near the end that got us the draw.

Probably the most worrying part of this whole day was that it took a 'team talk' from the regulars to get them going in the first half. John Still didn't seem too animated from where I was standing. He should have been giving pelters for that shambolic first 30 mins. Maybe he was and I couldn't hear or see it? Any views from the people that sit near him?
There was no lack of effort at any point. They were making stupid mistakes.
Don't give yourselves any credit for getting the players going - you didn't.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
leewilson wrote:

Could not some it up better.

Guttridge was an embarrassment, he had a week off last week and still looks well below the standard required. He is being shown up by the likes of Corey who has a superb attitude.

Were hanging on to those play offs thanks to the away wins.

Well done Hyde on his first senior goal.
The only embarrassing thing about Guttridge was that he was having to cover another player in a very different position.