If money was no object

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Let's just say you won the euro millions and got £100million.
Would you buy the Daggers and what changes would you make/do?
ARNU

Can you imagine the shitfit people might have if I bought it ? Roofs everywhere and the like. Whatever you put in I doubt you'd get back but with 100mil in the bank you could probably swallow the loss. I'd have a punt.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Would hire a hitman to take out Arnu. What sort of bullets take down elephants?
Mark

Yeah I'd try to buy the club.

Probably put a small amount in each season to allow the manager a realistic shot at promotion without trying to buy success. The aim long term would be to make the club sustainable by improving off field activities, fan base, marketing. As Thomo says we can't take risks but with a wedge of insurance money behind you, you can take risks and aim for the bigger rewards. For example paying for clubhouse renovation and improved training facilties.
Auntie Merge

I've always said that if won the lottery I would fund a proper commercial team for at least three years to sort out all the off the field activities and sponsorship, advertising etc.
It's unlikely i'd buy a single player as funding the team without paying for the infrastructure destabilises the club where as a commercial team will aim to raise our income streams so the team can grow organically.
Last edited by Auntie Merge on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:Would hire a hitman to take out Arnu. What sort of bullets take down elephants?
You're a funny man.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

I don't think I'd particularly like to outright buy the club, whatever way you look at it can involve some unpleasant pastures, but I'd certainly put a fair percentage of that sum into the club that I feel strong about and to see the end product with the team going places, playing really great entertaining football and the post bar chat would be worth every penny. Even that sort of money doesn't give you an outright passage into the Premiership and I for one feel as that level's changed so much its lost its appeal but running in the Championship a couple of seasons and putting a few bob into a smarter ground (Notts County style) how nice would that be!
Hardy1

If I won the lottery I'd be unable to buy the club because I'd fail the views from the sieve proper persons test and I'd be harrased when trying to talk through my plans with the members. I may be able to invest £5 million but only for a 49% share in the club whilst the other 51% would be owned by the members and current board and none of my ideas would be backed.

So no, I'm out.
lupins

Auntie Merge wrote:I've always said that if won the lottery I would fund a proper commercial team for at least three years to sort out all the off the field activities and sponsorship, advertising etc.
It's unlikely i'd buy a single player as funding the team without paying for the infrastructure destabilises the club where as a commercial team will aim to raise our income streams so the team can grow organically.
Its a myth to think that off field activities would ever fund a team playing at the level I would prefer to watch. The Club would only grow based on success on the field building core support and long term allegiance.
Bizarre that you have enough money to do what you want but players don't come into it
Hardy1 wrote:If I won the lottery I'd be unable to buy the club because I'd fail the views from the sieve proper persons test and I'd be harrased when trying to talk through my plans with the members. I may be able to invest £5 million but only for a 49% share in the club whilst the other 51% would be owned by the members and current board and none of my ideas would be backed.

So no, I'm out.
Top post
durnzo

These posts are far too sensible!! I'd spend whatever was needed to buy the club outright and follow the nutty Italian owners model. New manager every 3 months, pick the team and decide the signings and hope for the best. I'd defo put a bar behind the sieve too. And I'd buy the ship and anchor, turn it into a daggers supporters pub and offer free shuttle buses to the ground before and after matches with cheap but quality beer as I wouldn't have to make any money on it. Living the dream.
RampantDuke

History shows that plunging lottery money into a football club at our level is a recipe for disaster. Whatever you put in wouldn't be enough for the fans, you would get dogs abuse over everything you did and worst of all you would be expected to buy a pint for everyone in the bar for risk of being labelled 'tight'. If I won the lottery the last thing I would be tempted to do is put it into a football club. Even if you won £20 million and gifted £5 million to the club you would get the blame for ruining the club once the money ran out. Mugs game. It would make winning the lottery a miserable experience.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RampantDuke

durnzo wrote:These posts are far too sensible!! I'd spend whatever was needed to buy the club outright and follow the nutty Italian owners model. New manager every 3 months, pick the team and decide the signings and hope for the best. I'd defo put a bar behind the sieve too. And I'd buy the ship and anchor, turn it into a daggers supporters pub and offer free shuttle buses to the ground before and after matches with cheap but quality beer as I wouldn't have to make any money on it. Living the dream.
You mean Orient then?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
durnzo

That was one of the teams I had in mind, as well as leeds and qpr when briatore was there. All tongue in cheek mind, don't half get a bit heated and miserable on here sometimes!!!
Mike the Dagger

Hardy1 wrote:If I won the lottery I'd be unable to buy the club because I'd fail the views from the sieve proper persons test and I'd be harrased when trying to talk through my plans with the members. I may be able to invest £5 million but only for a 49% share in the club whilst the other 51% would be owned by the members and current board and none of my ideas would be backed.

So no, I'm out.
:)