Who Drops Out...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

The troube with that, is that unless I'm mistaken, isn't D'Ath also a central player?

If so, I'd go with Hines, Bingham, Ogogo and replace Medy with Shields (at least as a trial)
D'Ath has done absolutley nothing wrong but feel Bingham is the best link we have between defence & attack to stop us from going long.
matt_drfc

I just doubt Norris will stay till the end of the season tbh
ARNU

D'Ath I think is a better player than Billy and the guv'nor wont drop his captain who is also better than Billy.Howell might struggle to get back in though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:D'Ath I think is a better player than Billy and the guv'nor wont drop his captain who is also better than Billy.Howell might struggle to get back in though.
D'ath and Bingham are different types of players, hard to compare. For me, 4-3-3 Bingham, Ogogo, D'Ath. Norris drops out.
matt_drfc

Or if Norris can play on one of the sides, Elito drops out.
Phippo

It's a nice "problem" for Wayne to have. Personally I fail to see how Medy gets so many starts (far too inconsistant in my opinion).
Lcbdagger

Phippo wrote:It's a nice "problem" for Wayne to have. Personally I fail to see how Medy gets so many starts (far too inconsistant in my opinion).
A lot of people agree but in his defence... a) we are winning more games this season so poor players don't always stand out as needing to be replaced
b) in the games we are losing there are often really obvious and basic defensive mistakes which takes the heat off poorly performing attacking players

In a team with a big man up front he would be a decent foil in a 442... his delivery is never good enough to be a wide player and he isn't good enough to be a starting centre forward in this squad with Murphy, and now Norris
SUSSEX DAGGER

its D'ath and Abu for me ,they carried l us Saturday absoloute 100% passion commitment and drive. The other places up for grabs .

People keep having a dig at Medi but Zav has hit the wall not been a shadow of the player he has been since his New Years Day suspension.

Only got his place back then because D'ath got sent off and in my opinion Medi has not been great but he has offered more thgen Zav in recent weeks.
matt_drfc

I agree Sussex, but can you leave your highest earner on the bench? Probably not
NickMurphy

I think it's almost a given that Abu won't drop out, so with that in mind if Billy's fit I'd bring him back in alongside D'Ath in a midfield three with Murphy, Norris and Elito or even Shields if you want a wildcard as the front three.

Many have said it and I agree that Hines does need a break, even if it's only for 60 minutes and then he comes on for the final 30. Against a tired Hartlepool side on what's likely to be a relatively heavy pitch I think it could be a beneficial asset to have off of the bench.
matt_drfc

Hines and Norris out, Bingham and Azeez in.

Lewington, Hoyte, Doe, Wilkinson, Connors, Bingham, D'Ath, Ogogo, Elito, Murphy, Azeez.

subs: Seabright, Ilesanmi, Saah, Dickson, Shields, Norris, Hines.

Azeez must have impressed in training.. Glad Hines has been left out, might be more influential coming off the bench. Very happy to see Bingham back in! 1-1 for me.