25 years of daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

As all of you know, 2017 is a big landmark for the daggers as its 25 years since the merger of 5 clubs which created Dagenham and Redbridge FC. Should there be a celebration of 25 years? If so what and if not why?
Discuss.....
TommyD&R

I'd like to see some sort of event to celebrate it. You know what we're like though. Another legends game would be decent, could mark 10 years since our conference title too.
Diggerthedog

Trip to Helmond?
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:Trip to Helmond?
Will you get your fat arse on a coach ?? :lol:

Happy new year Mr Dog ! :D
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Trip to Helmond?
Will you get your fat arse on a coach ?? :lol:

Happy new year Mr Dog ! :D
I took a plane last time now subverting a coach to Holland. Ryanair all the way.

Happy new year to you Mr Arnu and everyone!

You ******** Daggers :lol: :lol:
DagenHammer87

A match with the Conference winning team against celebs in the summer would be good.

Something to appreciate the players that have represented the club (even all 4 predecessors) would also be good.
TommyD&R

DagenHammer87 wrote:A match with the Conference winning team against celebs in the summer would be good.

Something to appreciate the players that have represented the club (even all 4 predecessors) would also be good.
I'd rather the other side was more ex Daggers. The only 'celebs' we could draw here are the likes of Dapper Laughs and a few towie extras! Is there no one on here who could have a word with some higher powers at the club to get some sort of anniversary game going though?
ARNU

Maybe the five of you who'd attend such a game could go to the pictures instead. Sorry for my pessimism but you'd have to get real celebs if you want a crowd for this.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TommyD&R

ARNU wrote:Maybe the five of you who'd attend such a game could go to the pictures instead. Sorry for my pessimism but you'd have to get real celebs if you want a crowd for this.
You're right about the celebs, I recon a decent number would turn up if we could manage to get the 2007 side and whoever else is available from our 2010 and early 2000s sides though. I'd love to see Dave Hogan in a Dagenham shirt again.
NBDag

Personally I wouldn't go to an exhibition match like that. I just can't stand them. However I would be much more likely to buy commemorative memorabilia.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Personally I wouldn't go to an exhibition match like that. I just can't stand them. However I would be much more likely to buy commemorative memorabilia.
Agreed. But I wouldn't buy anything with a "swords" badge on it.

Home shirt should be a throwback one I suggest.
ThatRoundThing

I think most of the London Prem sides have "Legends" sides, I know Thurrock had a good turn out for Spurs Legends last year... and yes, Darren Anderton did play along with Justin Edinburgh, Falco etc.

I believe John Still is a good mate of Razor Ruddock who is always a laugh a minute and has good showbiz/football connections and maybe a combined showbiz, Ex Prem Legends side could be formed by Razor and Stilly to play a Daggers Legends side. Include a few ex Hammers players to hopefully boost the attendance from local fans.

A few signed shirts, memorabilia from Prem Clubs to raffle/ auction kids entertainment on and off the pitch could make a descent day of it. Daggers 25 anniversary shirts etc on sale on the day.
Chigwellian

ThatRoundThing wrote:kids entertainment
We could get KoKo the clown to entertain the kids..... I hear he needs a job :)