North Ferriby (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

Nice one.
Diggerthedog

About 100 of us coach was full same again by cars and coach.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Top effort all those who travelled, I don't even know where it bloody is. Things are looking up!
ARNU

Nice result. Well done everyone.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

I think today proves how eye opening it is to travel to a quaint little village, miles from anywhere, explore and take in what real roots football is all about. Arriving about eleven and I must have passed just over a hand full of people from the station and the only one pub I could find (which was quite good) when it finally opened, swift one then trekking up the club lane and admittance to the club was through turnstile and couldn't find one fan who didn't want to mix. We really took control from the start except for a couple of what could have been costly defending mistakes, Ferriby putting them away then could have become a different story. Every dagger goal was a good build up and superb finish and how great to see Fejiri and Robson back in full force. I will say though Ferriby even from early on when the game was lost still tried to get something back and give it go, hope they survive. Support was spot on again, must be around the 100 mark .
rechitski kinzhal

In a week where the main topic of conversation on this forum was about how much swearing is acceptable at football, it was for me a delight to see absolutely everyone involved in NFU being so wonderfully friendly and polite ..... from the stewards at the end of the lane to the turnstile staff to the food bar workers all were just lovely. And the ground was scattered with posters saying "welcome to all daggers fans who have made the 382 mile return journey". In the first half I was stood next to the NFU army - 6 thirteen year old lads kicking the back of the stand - they still managed to apologise after swearing at Oliver Hawkins.
And maybe you will think that makes for a sterile atmosphere - not me, I thought it was great.
And that poor old guy at the dressing rom entrance as we walked out at the end, saying to all of us "have a safe journey home, and well done" ..... he was gutted having seen his team tonked.
Alas, I fear they will not retain Nat League status, and may well struggle in Nat North ...... maybe I wouldn't want to play them every week, but it really was a good day out.