Man of the match text vote ...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

for all those that hate it .............. it doesn't look like it will be going away any time soon.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/m ... 70883.aspx

Mind you, the prize has gone up now from a signed programme to a free pizza.
ARNU

We never agree on it anyway although the result has been better since Stevie Wonder and his mates stopped doing it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

Great that fans will able to get a pizza the action...
dagger4eva

It doesnt help that I prefer Dominoes over Papa Johns anyway so more chance of seeing Jake Reed score a hatrick in a Daggers shirt than me texting in.
rechitski kinzhal

Please, please, please, please, please will the club stop this embarrassing exercise. OK, not as awful as "music after a goal is scored" ( and not as bad as at Northampton where each substitution was "in conjunction with Bert's Plumbers", or whatever) but this MOTM text vote is a pernicious exercise in extorting a few 50 pence coins from young people who in all likelihood can least afford it. By all means raise funds, but please come up with ways whereby those contributing actually get something ..... more goods in the shop, or meeting the players etc.

Still grumpy after all these years.
Masked Man

Rechetski, I'm liking your postings, you moany old bastard!! Can we swear on this one, or is it bleeped.... Only one way to find out... :roll:
InTheKnow

Heard that just over 100 fans texted in at the last game so although I personally don't like it I can see why the club are continuing with it.
dagger4eva

So all that 'work' for just over £50 .... barely covers the cost of the pizza
Lcbdagger

Not a massive fan of this but the team are trying... in previous seasons, unless someone scored twice in a game the MotM award was always given a shrug of the shoulders by 80% of the Sieve when read out with people wondering who chose the respective player to win.
NickMurphy

If it was free and done via Twitter, I'd probably vote. But I'm not paying for the privilege!
Mark

It's annoying. When we're playing I don't want to hear the announcer talking about text voting. Give it a rest.
DaggerSince92

Mark wrote:It's annoying. When we're playing I don't want to hear the announcer talking about text voting. Give it a rest.

When we're playing, all I want to hear is lads shouting at lads.
Auntie Merge

I confess, as much as I hate this, I actually voted today.

What I would like some clarification of though, is how the mobile numbers are going to be used. Are they going to be sold on? I've always been very careful about who has my mobile number as I keep my phone on 24/7.
FullMetalDagger

Auntie Merge wrote:I confess, as much as I hate this, I actually voted today.

What I would like some clarification of though, is how the mobile numbers are going to be used. Are they going to be sold on? I've always been very careful about who has my mobile number as I keep my phone on 24/7.
so were you the winner of a pizza in the clubhouse? :)
Auntie Merge

FullMetalDagger wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I confess, as much as I hate this, I actually voted today.

so were you the winner of a pizza in the clubhouse? :)
No, is that how the winning pizza is given? It will be stone cold by the time I get it home.