Ollie news/speculation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

The Romford Dagger wrote:
BillyC94 wrote:Merge seems more obsessed than most. Although all of you would be best to forget about him now, he doesn't own our club and is trying to do a good job somewhere else (how that goes remains to be seen and quite frankly shouldn't even concern us). Wasn't this thread meant to be about Ollie Hawkins? Focus on the team.
I'm probably in the minority but I wish the guy well.
He did nothing but try and provide a fresh alternative at Dagenham but was instead hounded out and every little thing that could be used as a stick to beat him with was.
He was not hounded out Thompson pulled the plug to keep his own job.
Auntie Merge

BillyC94 wrote:Merge seems more obsessed than most. Although all of you would be best to forget about him now, he doesn't own our club and is trying to do a good job somewhere else (how that goes remains to be seen and quite frankly shouldn't even concern us). Wasn't this thread meant to be about Ollie Hawkins? Focus on the team.
Errr no. I post one quip on here compared to others detailed conversation. If anyone is obsessed on here it seems to be you, obsessed with me.
BillyC94

You bring him up a lot more than this thread not to mention the parody twitter accounts of Tamplin and Dan Groves which are embarrassing. Who do you prefer behind the striker, Whitley or Guttridge? What's Frankie Raymond's best position? What do you value Ollie Hawkins at? Rarely see you talking about matters on the pitch..
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
Auntie Merge

BillyC94 wrote:You bring him up a lot more than this thread not to mention the parody twitter accounts of Tamplin and Dan Groves which are embarrassing. Who do you prefer behind the striker, Whitley or Guttridge? What's Frankie Raymond's best position? What do you value Ollie Hawkins at? Rarely see you talking about matters on the pitch..
I rest my case. Obsessed.
rechitski kinzhal

Leiston 4 Billericay 1 ...... for all of us "obsessives"!
Mark

Need to get some top big guns in to sort that out. And a new lap dog chairman.
durnzo

Not looking to join in the argument, but does anyone know what's going on with the take over. It seemed like we had budgeted and signed players on the strength of cash coming in. That obviously didn't happen, and everything's gone quiet on that front, so what's the state of play. The club seem to hold onto info like it's the dna of a unicorn who can cure all known diseases!! They're lucky the season is turning out to be a belter, especially compared to last, so everyone's attention is focused elsewhere!!!! Or am I being a drama queen??
Diggerthedog

AGM on Wednesday.
durnzo

I'm on days for a change, can anyone attend??
Diggerthedog

I'm sure we will all hear about it from someone.
Mike the Dagger

durnzo wrote:Not looking to join in the argument, but does anyone know what's going on with the take over. It seemed like we had budgeted and signed players on the strength of cash coming in. That obviously didn't happen, and everything's gone quiet on that front, so what's the state of play. The club seem to hold onto info like it's the dna of a unicorn who can cure all known diseases!! They're lucky the season is turning out to be a belter, especially compared to last, so everyone's attention is focused elsewhere!!!! Or am I being a drama queen??
Latest news and info was up at DiggerDagger before Christmas. I have asked to meet Glyn Hopkin but it's going to be after the AGM now if at all.
durnzo

It is a strange turnout. The apparent lack of urgency or worry from the club makes me think that tommo manufactured the "truth" to suit his needs with regards to continuing his employment. But being as far from an ITK as you can be I haven't got a clue what's going on. The fact that diggerdagger informs the masses more than the actual club, and I think I'm right in saying that he does it off his own back, says a lot about the state of the club off the pitch. But I don't want to poke that bear of a topic on this unrelated thread!!! I'll wait and see what comes out of the AGM. Is it open to the public? I'd definitely pop over if it was.
Mike the Dagger

durnzo wrote:Is it open to the public? I'd definitely pop over if it was.
No. Full Members only.
durnzo

Makes sense. Let's hope they've got some answers for us!
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
durnzo wrote:Is it open to the public? I'd definitely pop over if it was.
No. Full Members only.
Except when it suits the regime.