Ollie news/speculation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Update - The Ollie Hawkins to Ipswich move is looking off now as town have decided the non league punt they wanted was Kieffer Moore from Forest Green. A tall striker for 10k to go with the big expensive signing of a striker of 1 million + in the next two weeks.

On that basis, Hawkins won't be joining Ipswich.
Alan

Moore looked superb. Mystery why they had him out on loan.
NBDag

Some serious speculation here... Went on Hawkins' Twitter and saw that yesterday he'd offered to give someone's son his shirt after the Chester game (Feb 4th). Straws firmly held in one hand, but could that be an indication of where Hawkins expects himself to be at the end of the month?
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote:Some serious speculation here... Went on Hawkins' Twitter and saw that yesterday he'd offered to give someone's son his shirt after the Chester game (Feb 4th). Straws firmly held in one hand, but could that be an indication of where Hawkins expects himself to be at the end of the month?
The transfer window closes on the 31st Jan so a league club would have to sign him before that only way he would play in that game if he was on loan and I can`t see a club loaning a player out for one game.
NBDag

Daggernewbie wrote:
NBDag wrote:Some serious speculation here... Went on Hawkins' Twitter and saw that yesterday he'd offered to give someone's son his shirt after the Chester game (Feb 4th). Straws firmly held in one hand, but could that be an indication of where Hawkins expects himself to be at the end of the month?
The transfer window closes on the 31st Jan so a league club would have to sign him before that only way he would play in that game if he was on loan and I can`t see a club loaning a player out for one game.
Cheers for clearing up how the transfer window works! Or if he didn't leave...
Diggerthedog

Transfer window means nothing really look at how Posh sign most of our players firstly on Loan then complete the deal when window opens.
Kevin

Maybe he's going to sign for Chester..?!?! ;)
BillyC94

Auntie Merge wrote:
BillyC94 wrote:You bring him up a lot more than this thread not to mention the parody twitter accounts of Tamplin and Dan Groves which are embarrassing. Who do you prefer behind the striker, Whitley or Guttridge? What's Frankie Raymond's best position? What do you value Ollie Hawkins at? Rarely see you talking about matters on the pitch..
I rest my case. Obsessed.
Thanks for answering my questions.
Kind regards,
Your admirer.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
BillyC94

As for Hawkins, rumoured on Twitter via Post Daggers podcast that we want 500K + a loan back. Brave but ambitious decision considering I believe this guy could be the difference between us mounting a serious charge for promotion or not. Hopefully Glynn Hopkins money will stabilise us a club for the remainder of the season.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94