Ollie news/speculation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Town, Forest and Brighton all want him. Brighton favourites.

Swindon bid around 100k.

Dagenham expect him to go. 250k including add ons being the figure I've heard.

I see assombalonga has been recalled which is an indication id guess that Hawkins is probably gonna be gone.

Haven't heard any plan if ipswich were to get him involving him getting loaned back.
Last edited by The Romford Dagger on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Assombalonga could be off to Billericay? It is taken them a few more days to sign this Conference Striker BOOM :lol: :lol:
dagger4eva

Does assombalonga fit into "TOP BIG GUN" status though??

Dan Groves - remember him? He was that "over zealous employee" now, Billericay Chairman said it was a signing from a Top 3 National League Club. We werent top 3 at the time and stiĺl arent - which kinda made me rule us out.
mickeyblue

hope our lot bump up any money to moneybags and get it upfront
but we finished 9th!
Richie

The Romford Dagger wrote:Town, Forest and Brighton all want him. Brighton favourites.

Swindon bid around 100k.

I see assombalonga has been recalled which is an indication id guess that Hawkins is probably gonna be gone.

Haven't heard any plan if ipswich were to get him involving him getting loaned back.
You can read news articles online, congrats. Stop acting like you're all In The Know.
The Romford Dagger

Richie wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Town, Forest and Brighton all want him. Brighton favourites.

Swindon bid around 100k.

You can read news articles online, congrats. Stop acting like you're all In The Know.
Oh dear.

I am somewhat ITK but not only on the Ipswich side either.

But it's fine, no more info for you.
Diggerthedog

Diggerthedog wrote:Assombalonga could be off to Billericay? It is taken them a few more days to sign this Conference Striker BOOM :lol: :lol:
Got that one right.
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:Does assombalonga fit into "TOP BIG GUN" status though??

Dan Groves - remember him? He was that "over zealous employee" now, Billericay Chairman said it was a signing from a Top 3 National League Club. We werent top 3 at the time and stiĺl arent - which kinda made me rule us out.
Boom to everything he says. So glad he never took over he is an embarrassment.
Alan

It does seem like rather an over the top build up:

"top big gun signing"... "seriously amazing centre forward from national conference side in the top three"

Doubt that the first name that sprang to Billericay fans' minds was Assombalonga.
Diggerthedog

warming the bench at conference south too :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Mark

Diggerthedog wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Does assombalonga fit into "TOP BIG GUN" status though??

Boom to everything he says. So glad he never took over he is an embarrassment.
Cringeworthy the way he's been going on lately. I wouldn't expect anything else though given the way he conducts himself.
BillyC94

Auntie Merge wrote:No bid from Billericay?
Your obsession with Tamplin and Billieracy is unhealthy. Seek help.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
Alan

BillyC94 wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:No bid from Billericay?
Your obsession with Tamplin and Billieracy is unhealthy. Seek help.
Oh be fair, there's been quite a bit of stuff about tamplin saying he was signing a top big gun player and amazing centre forward from several of us.
BillyC94

Merge seems more obsessed than most. Although all of you would be best to forget about him now, he doesn't own our club and is trying to do a good job somewhere else (how that goes remains to be seen and quite frankly shouldn't even concern us). Wasn't this thread meant to be about Ollie Hawkins? Focus on the team.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
The Romford Dagger

BillyC94 wrote:Merge seems more obsessed than most. Although all of you would be best to forget about him now, he doesn't own our club and is trying to do a good job somewhere else (how that goes remains to be seen and quite frankly shouldn't even concern us). Wasn't this thread meant to be about Ollie Hawkins? Focus on the team.
I'm probably in the minority but I wish the guy well.
He did nothing but try and provide a fresh alternative at Dagenham but was instead hounded out and every little thing that could be used as a stick to beat him with was.