Who next up front for the Daggers?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Ian Ayris

So, with Assombalonga gone, and Ollie looking like he might be on his way someday sooner rather than later, who do people fancy coming in to fill the gap up front? Anyone from the Conference do you fancy? A below Conference legendary John Still aqcuistion? Or perhaps a League One/Two player not getting a run who might fancy banging in a few goals for us? Or do we give Benno a go up front, and see what he's still got?

Who would you like to see come in?
ayrisdagger

I definitely think benno is the best option for the clubs first team striker as he can hold play up very well and poses a dangerous aerial threat but to suggest anyone else would be beyond me considering his passion and pride for this football club.
NBDag

We all love Benno but he is nowhere near the player he was when he left us and he is not near the quality needed at this level from a loan striker in a promotion chasing side. Time to stop living in the past. There is no one we could sign from the lower leagues that I can think of that is guaranteed to bang them in for us. And I don't know who in this league would sell their star striker to us. Harrison or Asante could be good but I just could never see that happening.
For me there's no guarantee that we can find a replacement for Hawkins that will do the job. We've got to try and hold on to him until June or our season is probably over.
ARNU

John akinde and Marvin Morgan.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TommyD&R

ARNU wrote:John akinde and Marvin Morgan.
Does that mean Tomlin will have to play out wide again then?
daggersjeff

Rhys Murphy isn't getting a game at FGR....

Would we have him back?? seeing as probable options are limited?
NBDag

daggersjeff wrote:Rhys Murphy isn't getting a game at FGR....

Would we have him back?? seeing as probable options are limited?
He's not getting game time there because he's useless now. But even if he wasn't, why would FGR sell a player to another side chasing promotion?
Diggerthedog

Probably hard to get a game for FGR when you play for York. He no way fits the Still football mode.
mickeyblue

Diggerthedog wrote:Probably hard to get a game for FGR when you play for York. He no way fits the Still football mode.
legend!
but we finished 9th!
daggersjeff

Diggerthedog wrote:Probably hard to get a game for FGR when you play for York. He no way fits the Still football mode.
His loan there has finished - I was thinking if we are desperate... :P
Alan

He's on loan to York from FGR. Agree he's not a big lump, but then Still has signed smaller strikers (with varying success) before e.g. Gayle, Tomlinson, Jamie Taylor and everyone's favourite Jake Reed. Not sure he'd necessarily want Murphy for the balance of the team though.