Crowd tomorrow

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

If we can't achieve a 3-4000 crowd tomorrow at the prices being charged (even if bought in advance only) then we may as well give up.

I did my bit and bought 13 tickets yesterday. 3 of us regulars - 3 floating fans and 7 have never been to a Daggers game.

8-)
Mike the Dagger

The weather is going to be horrid, people can't buy cut price tickets on the gate and there won't be many away fans.

I'll be surprised if we get 3,000.
Dagger In The Heart

Whatever crowd we get what we need to make sure we do is win!
Anytime we've done these before we've seemingly deliberately picked games we ought (being the key word here) to win, and then haplessly crumbled. Isn't exactly the way to covert those new fans.....which is surely part of the idea of the day!
ARNU

Why don't they sell tickets on the day for £2.50/0.50p ???What is the actual problem with that ???

I don't benefirt personally being a ST holder but its a pain in the arse going to the ground ahead of the game to collect tickets or even queuing on matchday(it will bother some people is my point here).Its gonna piss with rain so I don't think there'll be much increase in attendance but if the sun were to come out Im sure some people might turn up at the last minute for those prices.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Why don't they sell tickets on the day for £2.50/0.50p ???What is the actual problem with that ???

I don't benefirt personally being a ST holder but its a pain in the arse going to the ground ahead of the game to collect tickets or even queuing on matchday(it will bother some people is my point here).Its gonna piss with rain so I don't think there'll be much increase in attendance but if the sun were to come out Im sure some people might turn up at the last minute for those prices.
Could always ring up
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Why don't they sell tickets on the day for £2.50/0.50p ???What is the actual problem with that ???
Making sure policing and stewarding levels are appropriate, making sure the caterers can plan the right levels of stock to have available, ordering a sensible number of programmes.
The need to avoid or at least properly plan for hoards of local semi-feral kids turning up because it is cheap and causing problems.
Auntie Merge

Seeing that both hail and thunder are forecast for tomorrow, I predict a daggers goal fest.
NickMurphy

Encouraged 1 person that has never even been to a football match before and 1 that's been to about 2 Daggers games to come along tomorrow.

So yeah...£5 I've raised for the club.....
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Making sure policing and stewarding levels are appropriate, making sure the caterers can plan the right levels of stock to have available, ordering a sensible number of programmes.
The need to avoid or at least properly plan for hoards of local semi-feral kids turning up because it is cheap and causing problems.
Ooh look at you giving a sensible answer for once.However...I don't think we have any more stewards when theres 3000 in there to what we have when theres 1300,and a few more frozen burgers in the fridge is hardly going to tax anyone really.Remember you can still buy on the door but just not at the reduced rates so if 500 people suddenly turn up tomorrow all of a sudden they wont be phoning any more stewards in or bussing in more burgers for that matter and they certainly wont be turning anyone away will they ?.So although you did answer my question properly for once I tend to disagree its the reason.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Ooh look at you giving a sensible answer for once.However...I don't think we have any more stewards when theres 3000 in there to what we have when theres 1300,and a few more frozen burgers in the fridge is hardly going to tax anyone really.Remember you can still buy on the door but just not at the reduced rates so if 500 people suddenly turn up tomorrow all of a sudden they wont be phoning any more stewards in or bussing in more burgers for that matter and they certainly wont be turning anyone away will they ?.So although you did answer my question properly for once I tend to disagree its the reason.
Your first and last points just show you up again.

I've seen many different crowd sizes and the stewarding and policing levels have been varied for them.
The food issue isn't having too much, it's not having enough.
ARNU

Sense of humour failure NO2 ?Thats probably the nicest thing I ever said to you as well.

So you count all the stewards every time you go do you ?Seems its all the same faces week in week out to me,you have no concrete evidence of your assertion and you totally disregarded the fact that 500 full ticket paying punters could just turn up tomorrow couldn't they ? There is no way you can say how many will show up on the gate tomorrow is there.Could be none could be 500.(Probably none,why would you ?)

I reckon a 2300 gate tomorrow max including Monkey Hangers (Not being racist That's Hartlepool fans)
matt_drfc

Daggers Twitter page said "Already over 3,000!" I'm guessing they mean over 3000 tickets sold, then + Hartlepool fans (who's prices are the same as ours). So yeah, I'd say slightly more than 2300 Arnu, wouldn't you? :D
Tranced

matt_drfc wrote:Daggers Twitter page said "Already over 3,000!" I'm guessing they mean over 3000 tickets sold, then + Hartlepool fans (who's prices are the same as ours). So yeah, I'd say slightly more than 2300 Arnu, wouldn't you? :D
whose*, and there will still only be 50-100 of them I reckon.
matt_drfc

Tranced wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Daggers Twitter page said "Already over 3,000!" I'm guessing they mean over 3000 tickets sold, then + Hartlepool fans (who's prices are the same as ours). So yeah, I'd say slightly more than 2300 Arnu, wouldn't you? :D
:lol: :lol:
Tranced

matt_drfc wrote:
Tranced wrote:
:lol: :lol:
Yeah. Hilarious.