Bromley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

stanton101 wrote:
leewilson wrote:Still was right to bring the young lad off at half time Saturday but I don't think we can write him off yet. Not easy playing your first game in CM when you've only just joined and with a man less to boot. I didn't think he disgraced himself yet we perhaps needed Donnelan to come and add a bit more punch to the midfield 2nd half.

Team pretty much chooses itself with the injuries (unless any are back) and Corey's suspension. The only debatable decision is whether to reinstate Doe or not. I personally would since I think we need experience out there with a lot of the midfield missing.

------------------Justham

Shephard----Doe---Robson----Widdowson

-------------Boucaud---Donnelan------------

Fejiri--------------JMD----------Howells
------------------Hawkins------------------

Subs: Cousins, Grant, Benson, Staunton, whoever is fit enough to make the bench
Surely Staunton gets the nod over shepherd Lee, no?
Shephard was excellent at Tranmere and offers more attacking threat down the right than Staunton who is much better at CB. With Whitely out I think we need Shephard's threat from wider areas in a forward sense.

I'm not a fan of Staunton at right back. He's had some shaky games there. He's a solid CB for this level but I'm not having him at CB over Doe, Robson and Donnelan.
DevonDagger

1-1 half time. Though very lucky to even be at that by the sounds of things - what's going on? Lost confidence? Sounds like a completely shadow of the team at Tranmere a couple weeks ago.
Mike the Dagger

DevonDagger wrote:1-1 half time. Though very lucky to even be at that by the sounds of things - what's going on? Lost confidence? Sounds like a completely shadow of the team at Tranmere a couple weeks ago.
That's because it is the shadow of that team.

Won in the end but it was pretty hapless tbh.
Diggerthedog

We were poor but these injuries are costing us big time. I really don't care how we win as long as we do. Well done Shep.
grumpy old git

Just read a report of tonights game on Bromleys website, ours is saying daggers player is covering the game think we are way behind in these matters.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Luke Howell is a bit of a sick note. Had plenty of time out in previous seasons with us.
The new bloke Howells looks fatter than me and diggerthedog put together. Surely unfit if you saw him Saturday.
:lol: :lol:

Howell made 127 appearances in 4 seasons for us previous spell and some matches he was missing through suspension and the final season under Burnett I was he used?. Hardly PLENTY of time out. He played nearly 40 matches for Wood last season.
Your figures are way out Daggers Player interviewed him the other week when he made his 150 appearance for us coming on as a sub in a recent game.

That's an average of 33 games a season. His first year here he was badly injured at Hereford when he went off we were third in the League when he came back towards the fag end of that season we were bottom.
Him and Bauldry were to my mind the reason we picked up and got out the shit.

Big player for us in my book and has been a Big loss. When he came on against. Chester we stopped giving the ball away in midfield like we had done for the previous 70 minutes , he looked so composed on the ball and did the somple things so well.

Sounds like we could do with him if the last three games are anything to go by.
stanton101

Sometimes you have to win ugly. And boy was that ugly, absolutely dire. But a wins a win.
How in gods creation that lumbering oaf was motm is beyond a joke.
Shepherds goal was probably our only shot on a very forgettable night, and he took it well.
My motm was once again Robson, by some distance
daggersjeff

First half was reminiscent of Saturdays game - cows arse and banjo came to mind!!

Even when we scored we didn't lift the tempo...2nd half thought we bossed possession...they handled the wind in their faces a lot less than we did....

Great goal by Shep...my MOM was Frankie Raymond - was winning more ball in the air than our big men!!
Richie

MOM to Robson who was at fault for the goal, or Raymond who was his ineffective self as usual?

Would have given it to Boucard if I had to choose someone, but was a poor performance all round. Somehow got the win though, great strike from Sheppard who was also awful.
ARNU

Shepherd was awful the goal saved his blushes but I got my eye on him as he has been absolute shite in the last 2 games. Howells is a donkey get rid please.
I'll take the win but we were poor tonight. Credit where it's due Benno made the difference.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Shepherd was awful the goal saved his blushes but I got my eye on him as he has been absolute shite in the last 2 games. Howells is a donkey get rid please.
I'll take the win but we were poor tonight. Credit where it's due Benno made the difference.
Shepherd gets very little protection and if you watch closely he is left horribly exposed and many times is left two on one. I think the managers needs to take some flack for the formations played with the players available last two games. The manager did get it right when we went 3-5-2 last 10 yesterday.

Howells is not fit anyone can clearly see that, I will judge him once he his fit.
ARNU

Shouldn't be starting if he (Howells) is unfit. He did nothing yesterday night and was awful Saturday. He's not gonna be slimmer of the month by next Tuesday either. This is another of those Johny hoof signings that don't work. Makes me nostalgic about Kevin maher this one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Our full backs often get overrun, it's happened a lot this season as we effectively play 424 a lot of the time. Having said that, Sheppard did get caught out too many times first half and seemed to be struggling fitness wise to get back once he was.

Thought it was a game for a battle and second half we gave them one after a poor first half where we should have been 2 behind. The midfield 2 worked very hard and got stuck in and made it awkward for Bromley.

Thought Benson also helped as he moves more than Hawkins and has a bit more nous.
Sagres

We were poor last night, Shepherd was awful apart from the goal thought Benno made a difference, just glad we won.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Shouldn't be starting if he (Howells) is unfit. He did nothing yesterday night and was awful Saturday. He's not gonna be slimmer of the month by next Tuesday either. This is another of those Johny hoof signings that don't work. Makes me nostalgic about Kevin maher this one.
Who else do you start? Howells is here for another year get use to it.