Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggers No 2 Fan

I don't think yesterday was that different to a lot of the season, but the results of a game can easily change the perception.
If Norris had buried his two chances, or the referee hadn't just made up a foul by Murphy, we'd probably be talking quite different about a decent result.

Lewy, the back 4 and D'Ath all largely did ok. Ogogo wasn't great. Hines needs to be rested or dropped. He's done nothing for ages and is showing why he's wound up with us more and more. His booking today was typical of him - a petulant foul following a decision not going his way a minute before. Elito must be in possession of some dodgy photos of someone - I can't seen any other reason why he wasn't put out of our misery yesterday and lasted 90 minutes. Maybe Shields can steal those photos so he can get more than 5 minutes when we're chasing a game. It may not be work out, but surely he deserves a decent chance when others aren't performing.

The subs yesterday were ridiculous. If anything Norris was starting to do more than had all game when he got taken off. Murphy wasn't having a great game, but is always capable of poaching something. I have no idea of what the point of taking Connors off for Shields was.
DiggerDagger1

At least nobody got thrown out for chanting Edl this year, or arrested on the pitch for racism!!
Dagdale

Thought yesterday might have back fired on the club a bit, obviously wasn't their fault the team didn't fire on all cylinders and the weather didn't help but to be perfectly honest I'd rather it stay as it normally is , couldn't move in the clubhouse and as its an assumption that a lot more people will come over the threshold surely more bar staff are in demand, old timers around me were swearing their 'bo**ocks* off, also you were limited to what you could get in the club shop pre match. The catering guys in the ground were on a right field day and fair play to them, never seen queues like it, still say with going all away games our place is the BEST and CHEAPEST on this League, well done. And mentioning' well done' also to Brendan in ticket office a really great and pleasant guy to deal with, shame he's leaving. Met neutrals from Wolves, Everton and even tourist from the States and Oz, pitty we didn't deliver and I think the play offs are now not a reality, but I'm shore were still roll on and in Wayne we Trust!
davei

PFB wrote "At least we won't go down"

Yes, for once (at least in the last 3 seasons) it would appear 1) We are, and have been, solidly placed mid table for a while now, 2) On that basis, we will be playing in this division next year and that may allow for some team changes and try outs for the future and 3) It's really nice nice having to continually worry about relegation for a change.
lupins

Just on a more positive note I made several people aware of the game and the cheapest tickets and several attended and all reported back positively and enjoyed the day.
The only downside was the performance and the weather but they are uncontrollables