Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Pretty stale game.D'Ath was probably our best player.Still cant see how Connors keeps Femi out.I cant understand why Burnett bought off Murphy and Norris and replaced them with Dickson and the new Loanea who did absolutely nothing at all and if anything looked way out of his depth.How they can score from that distance must be lewy' poor positioning but I'll wait for the replay.Once again we get a bumper crowd and play so poorly none of them will return at full price.Very Dissapointing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

I made the same crowd comment as I left. Not a game to pick up swathes of new long term support...

New guy will need a couple of games I guess. Wasnt the best performance all round to bring him on with.
matt_drfc

Agree with everything Arnu, bar the Connors comment. He's not done much wrong tbf to him and there's a couple of players playing worse than him.

Wilkinson didn't impress me today, literally just hoofs the ball. Saah back in. Bingham back in a midfield 3 please, he gets us going and playing nicely.
Hines out for a game or two, been found out, rarely passes. Well done Abs and Lawson, both had good games. That's all, poor game, poor football. Poo.
Mark

We didn't win anything in midfield, needed 3 and might as well have had it for all Norris did. Medy disappointing again and Zav needs to vary what he does more. Back 4 did well but they went through us on the break due to lack of midfield. We did miss several good chances though.
leewilson

Mark wrote:We didn't win anything in midfield, needed 3 and might as well have had it for all Norris did. Medy disappointing again and Zav needs to vary what he does more. Back 4 did well but they went through us on the break due to lack of midfield. We did miss several good chances though.
Said pretty much the same at the game. Was wanting Bingham from pretty early in the 2nd half. I think Burnett got the subs wrong today in all honesty. I could understand taking one of Norris/Murphy off for something different as they're both similar players but I couldn't understand taking them both off. I'd have brought off Norris for Bingham and Elito or Hines for Shields.
matt_drfc

I think we need to start with 4-3-3. Then change to 4-4-2 if we are chasing the game. Just think we need to be controlling the game from the start, Bingham does exactly that.

My team for the next game: Lewy; Hoyte, Doe, Saah, Connors; Bingham, Ogogo, D'ath; Shields, Murphy, Elito.
Dagdale

What a come down after last Saturday's great result, first 20/30 minutes we fired up fairly well and it should have given us a good lead then I could see it happen again let the opponents get a grip on the game and thus take the lead and it turned out pretty awful day in the end. Must say I thought Young Jack was one of our better players, and saw a bit better life today in Rhys, but Luke Norris was well out of position most of the time. hardly done a thing and like previous stated this time cant agree on Wayne's substitutions and were no impact at all, but to be fair we were on an uphill then and then they got their second and bye bye the hangers have done a double on us. have we dropped down?
matt_drfc

By the way, Murphy did not foul that defender when he 'scored'. Was a fair 50/50 challenge. Not a fair decision.
Mark

That was indeed a bad decision. He ran one side of the defender then the other, they may have touched each other but it's a contact sport. The defendder got rattled and miskicked. Thought the ref was pretty inconsistent all day tbh, picked and chose which pushes to give, tried not to fall for dives but that led him to miss several clear fouls, but then gave some really soft ones.
Paul from Barking

At least we won't go down
Tranced

matt_drfc wrote:By the way, Murphy did not foul that defender when he 'scored'. Was a fair 50/50 challenge. Not a fair decision.
I also didn't think it was a foul, but unfortunately, the ref did!

Only my 3rd game this season, today. I've had to rely on YouTube, Twitter, and people who attend regularly, for insights into the team, and today it seemed like everything I'd seen/heard was a lie. How boring was today? So scrappy, so many misplaced passes, and the ball spent so much time in the air. It didn't inspire me to return - though of course I will - but as others have said, I doubt today will help bring in any new fans!

Good effort from Hartlepool's fans, though - good numbers and noise.
NickMurphy

Pretty poor this afternoon, as others have said I couldn't see why the Murphy foul was given - I even started celebrating when he scored unfortunately!

Not sure if next week is the time but I think Zav needs to be dropped soon. Too many times today he made the wrong decision at key times, he's a good player and on his day probably our best, but a stint on the bench with a 30 minute sub appearance would benefit him imo. Didn't really see the thinking in taking both Norris & Murphy as well, especially Murphy as he looked like our biggest goal threat.

Ah well, at least we'll be back to 1500 next week and I'll have my legroom back in the Sieve...
ronaldaggero

Well , that didn't go to plan. Put me in mind of the last game of last season. The occasion got to the players and the manager . The first time we get the ppl through the gates , we under perform and the manager hasn't made the right choices before or during the game. Doubt if we will be seeing many come back through the gates having witnessed that today. 3 shots on target , at home , just not good enough, all the good work from the last 2 and half games has been undone. I'm sure things will be back to normal next game but an opportunity missed .
Up the daggers !!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well what a surprise not.

Never looked anything other then a poor team today and what a game to chose not to turn up. Over 3k turn out, sadly not many of them will be turning back up after that.

First rule in blustery conditions surely has to be keep the bloody ball down. All I hope is that certain salary's match IQ's

Another team turn up here with the first intention not to get beat and we allow them to steal the loot ,and not for the first time this season.

Pedestrian pace with no urgency in areas were you win games. Shows how slow we were in these vital areas, when was the last game Murphy was never once offside ?

Notice the same players are coming in for stick again. Before we start on Medi when was the last time Goldenballs Hines put in a shift. All he did all afternoon was either find the quickest route to the floor or attempt to go pass the same player twice. Bar one decent cross and one effort on goal totally all he did was give the ball back to a very grateful opposition. For me his demotion to the bench is now due as
he has hardly done a thing since Chesterfield.

Sometime have to ask myself what are People watching Jack Connors , Lawson D'eith and Gavin Hoyte were the only ones that played to anything like what was needed. How Luke Wilkinson came away with Man of the Match lord only knows . Thought we had moved on from just hoofing it alas John Still can leave the Club it will take a lot longer for him to leave certain players.

Well done Hartlepool deserved winners you wanted it more.
ronaldaggero

NickMurphy wrote:
Ah well, at least we'll be back to 1500 next week and I'll have my legroom back in the Sieve...
Agreed , and the away support can have their TB stand back , it was bloody cold in there today

Ps

I think Wilko got the MOTM award for his goal assist :)