Maidstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

I was not there tonight but firmly believe without the injuries we would have been above Lincoln right now. You can't miss as many players as we have and win the league. Seasons not over chins up if your Arnu.
Auntie Merge

Tonight was a pile of poo.

We were second to every ball and so slow compared to their players. They got the ball first and, although the ref was dire, we can't complain about the result.

It was like watching a Boxing Day game where we'd eaten all the pies.
Or as someone else commented, it was like returning to Wayne's World.

We threw away points tonight. Now to pick our heads up and win the next few games 6-0.
mickeyblue

we need muscle in the midfield and quick.
shocking by raymond today and cousins had his worst daggers game.
forward 4 created ****** all

cousins kicked the ball twice into a player who imo did nothing wrong, 1st time he got away with it second they scored the disaloud goal. and a miskick which we got away with aswell.

we got what we deserved

sort out midfield stilly quick
but we finished 9th!
Mark

I can't believe how bad we've been recently and it is difficult to see it changing. A lot of our better players seem totally shot and in need of a prolonged rest.

The front 3 today offered nothing. No movement no pace no quality. Need Corey back badly.

Not sure why Raymond getting so much stick lately I think he's been one of our best players in recent weeks!

The main problem with the midfield is lack of numbers. Only 2 of our team actually play in the midfield area. They can only do so much without help.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Shocking Ref
Shocking Pitch
Shocking performance .

What have we done to our Pitch ? Obvious to many games played on it and tonight made it a great leveller.

What we do in training to get all these injuries god only knows.

Saw this coming as far back as Southport , a very poor team fave us a chasing for half hour and we were flattered to win as we did .

Better teams to face over the next three months then what we have over the past one and I can see us imploding . If we don't make the play offs we need shooting but it's no longer a gimme on what o have seen over last month
stanton101

So we're losing 2-0 and what do you do, bring on a forward? er no, bring on a midfielder? er no.
I know, let's bring on a full back, ffs, stupid old fool.
Everyone blames the injuries, but who signs these sicknotes!!!
Howell, Guttridge, Williams, the other dud from Luton whose recently just returned from a serious knee injury, ****** me the list is endless.
And just because Justham makes a howler last time, I know let's drop him for cousins, wtf does that do to your number one choice keepers confidence, idiot.
And what prey tell did Staunton do wrong, to be arse warming the bench every week when he's clearly fit.
It seems to me that if your face fits, your ok with still, if not the dictators word is final.
Fed up with this shit.
And Frankie Raymond was absolute dog shit, the only bloke who kept going tonight was Feji, he had a go and never gave up, the rest were ******** dreadful.
Dagdale

I can't believe we've only got 3 points from 3 home games in the last ten days, certainly agree the pitch isn't helping but thought Maidstone were so up for this win tonight and we played right into their hands, we just didn't look like a team with a direct approach from the beginning to get a decent result, it started with a classic goal to be proud of and another wide gap in our defence and to think Doey's crucial save off the line a little while later we would have completely lost it by half time. We were building up quite well on the offensive but just couldn't seem to break them down, really quite lost for words, the biggest question mark still hanging over us from bygone years 'why are we so shit at home? Just hope its worth rising at 4am Saturday to see 'our fine away side' back on track. Must say, I know the result helped but thought the Stones fan's vocal element was spot on tonight and surprised at the turn out.
NBDag

What is going on with this team? We may have a bit of an injury crisis but we aren't putting out bad teams still. Maybe Sheppard can be the only one who could be argued to be weak, but he's been one of our best sources of goals recently. Can't see any excuse for us being this shit recently.
Lincoln dropping points tonight could have been great for us, but no, we have to throw away a serious chance to stay in the title race. Whereas I feel that we're out of it now.
If we don't turn this around pretty sharpish we won't even be making the playoffs. Good luck to anyone who goes up to Gateshead this week, but maybe get yourself a head check pretty soonish. You've got to be bonkers to want to go all the way to Newcastle to see us play right now.
NickMurphy

I actually thought Raymond was one of the few who came out of tonight with any sort of credit. At least he made attempts at breaking up the play and trying to get things going.

Not seen us since North Ferriby away, but we just seemed completely off the boil tonight. First touch was all over the place and the passing was off as well (you can't blame the pitch for consistently failing to find the man out on the right).

Need to put it right Saturday and follow it up with something convincing against FGR.
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:So we're losing 2-0 and what do you do, bring on a forward? er no, bring on a midfielder? er no.
I know, let's bring on a full back, ffs, stupid old fool.
Everyone blames the injuries, but who signs these sicknotes!!!
Howell, Guttridge, Williams, the other dud from Luton whose recently just returned from a serious knee injury, ****** me the list is endless.
And just because Justham makes a howler last time, I know let's drop him for cousins, wtf does that do to your number one choice keepers confidence, idiot.
And what prey tell did Staunton do wrong, to be arse warming the bench every week when he's clearly fit.
It seems to me that if your face fits, your ok with still, if not the dictators word is final.
Fed up with this shit.
And Frankie Raymond was absolute dog shit, the only bloke who kept going tonight was Feji, he had a go and never gave up, the rest were ******** dreadful.

Agree with you about Stauton how he cant get in the side I am left scratching my head over.
Before Kick off not at all bothered with the decision to change the Goalkeeper, after Bristol Rovers last season if you had told me he would not play a League game this season I would have laughed at you.

His performance up at Halifax ,the only time I seen him this season, saw him again the best player on the pitch. By 9.30 tonight my illusions were shattered as he looked totally shot . Flapped at crosses and got into a right buggers muddle on more then one occasion , then he continued to show perhaps why Justham has had the Shirt. His Kicking was dreadful throughout.

We hoofed it throughout bypassing the midfield, aiming I guess for Hawkins who was seldom under where the ball was hoofed. Perhaps we were frightened that the midfield would be as dreadful going forward as they were defensively , cant remember a 50/50 ball being won in the Midfield all evening. Bouchard is a luxury in there ,we desperately need a warrior and at the moment we aint got one

Thought Benson did ok second half doing what I thought we were hoping Hawkins would do first half, the only difference was we did at least give Benson some hope by hoofing it in the area he was standing. May well have been a different outcome if The Hawk finish was as good as the room he created for himself just after they scored,from that moment on I don't think their defence was ever tested

Sheppard was a lost sheep if you pardon the pun, must be one of the worst 45 minutes I have seen from a Daggers Player this season , he will never be a right sided Midfielder all the time he has a hole in his arse.

We have played some truly dreadful teams this month and taken 6 points out of 12, would have only been four if fate had not been kind to us. In that time we have played 15 minutes of football and took a team apart. The rest of the time we have just hoofed it aimlessly playing percentage football.

Complete waste of time and money tonight and cant think of any thing positive to come out of 90 minutes of complete and utter garbage
daggersjeff

we got out of jail against Bromley... this could of easily been 0 points from 9!!!

Yes, we are still in second, and other results have been kind, but that's not going to last forever. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why Justham was dropped - if the guy was having a mare every game then yes, but not just over a couple of mistakes - he's by far the better keeper of the two!!

We've gone back to hoofing because our midfield is dire...Hawkins is supposed to be a target man, but its no good if he doesn't get to the ball. Benson looked a better bet, but not sure he can last 90.

The system Still is playing has obviously been sussed by our opponents, so its time to change the system. I'm not so sure he has the nous to do it.
Diggerthedog

This is what you get with John Still football, when it works it looks great but when it does not it looks awful. Surely people have seen enough of it to figure that out?
Daggernewbie

What do we have to do to get results at home as we have only won nine games at home so far which is not good enough and I have to agree with stanton101 about Frankie Raymond personally I think he been bad for a few games now. They say it`s a game of two halves at least we were constant last night we where shit for both halves ( putting it nicely ).Could go on but why get depressed again.Roll on Saturday as our away form is better.
steeevooo

To summarise:

There was only one team that appeared up for the game last night

There was only one team that played with any hint of confidence last night

There was only one team that had a discernable game plan last night

There was only one team that deserved to win last night

Now why the first three points above were the case is the issue, but realistically we have been very poor ever since the Chester game and have been blowing our chances of putting any pressure on Lincoln at the top of the league
Daggernewbie

steeevooo wrote:To summarise:

There was only one team that appeared up for the game last night

There was only one team that played with any hint of confidence last night

There was only one team that had a discernable game plan last night

There was only one team that deserved to win last night

Now why the first three points above were the case is the issue, but realistically we have been very poor ever since the Chester game and have been blowing our chances of putting any pressure on Lincoln at the top of the league
Well summed up steeevooo