New date for Lincoln away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

The Daggers' away game against Lincoln City has been rescheduled to be played on Monday 3rd April and to be screened live on BT Sport 1
The top of the table clash will now be played on Monday 3rd April with a 7:45pm kick off live at Sincil Bank.

The Vanarama National League have also selected another fixture to be screened live on BT Sport 1 to kick off the last 29 days of football in the National League with Wrexham hosting Tranmere on Saturday 1st April with a 12:15pm kick off.

Read more at http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... mdMrVVd.99
Diggerthedog

Move Eastleigh at home back to the Friday. Advantage Lincoln they have two home games in 48 hours we have to travel half way up the country.
Leopardman

Eastleigh is 2 hours away not exactly a tiring journey
Diggerthedog

Leopardman wrote:Eastleigh is 2 hours away not exactly a tiring journey
Eastleigh is at home.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggernewbie wrote:The Daggers' away game against Lincoln City has been rescheduled to be played on Monday 3rd April and to be screened live on BT Sport 1
The top of the table clash will now be played on Monday 3rd April with a 7:45pm kick off live at Sincil Bank.

The Vanarama National League have also selected another fixture to be screened live on BT Sport 1 to kick off the last 29 days of football in the National League with Wrexham hosting Tranmere on Saturday 1st April with a 12:15pm kick off.

Read more at http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... mdMrVVd.99
FFS, why did they bother announcing the 4th, the game is still a month away and the revised date would have given our supporters plenty of notice. Already know some of our Loyal away bunch booking hotel and travel arrangements for the 4th having already paid out for last Saturday. Last Saturday could not be helped, this could have been.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
FFS, why did they bother announcing the 4th, the game is still a month away and the revised date would have given our supporters plenty of notice. Already know some of our Loyal away bunch booking hotel and travel arrangements for the 4th having already paid out for last Saturday. Last Saturday could not be helped, this could have been.
This was always likely to be one they picked for TV if they wanted it. It would be equally valid to say why didn't the fans wait a week or two before booking hotels and travel. It's always someone elses fault though.
ThatRoundThing

Have to agree with Sussex here. Regular away fans will look for cheap accommodation and travel and with a fixture barely a month away and the date posted on both club's website you can expect fans both local and from afar to consider it a reasonable time to plan travel and/or accommodation.

Some fans also have to give notice to book time off work and so informed their employers as well as make travel/ accommodation bookings. Which begs the question Mike, just how long can an away traveller leave giving employers notice and make travel/accommodation arrangements.

I was lucky in that I followed the advice that I give to other away travellers. Winter games are a lottery for match and travel cancellations so I never book trains in the winter months and I never book accommodation without Free Cancellation included.
I had decided to drive to Lincoln and booked a guest house for 4th April on Free Cancellation basis that was easy for me to move the booking to the 3rd April.
Diggerthedog

ThatRoundThing wrote:Have to agree with Sussex here. Regular away fans will look for cheap accommodation and travel and with a fixture barely a month away and the date posted on both club's website you can expect fans both local and from afar to consider it a reasonable time to plan travel and/or accommodation.

Some fans also have to give notice to book time off work and so informed their employers as well as make travel/ accommodation bookings. Which begs the question Mike, just how long can an away traveller leave giving employers notice and make travel/accommodation arrangements.

I was lucky in that I followed the advice that I give to other away travellers. Winter games are a lottery for match and travel cancellations so I never book trains in the winter months and I never book accommodation without Free Cancellation included.
I had decided to drive to Lincoln and booked a guest house for 4th April on Free Cancellation basis that was easy for me to move the booking to the 3rd April.
I booked the 4th and 5th off but cant have the 3rd now. Oh well not going to be an important match now anyway.