For future reference

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

If we can, can we all aim to use relevant sub forums for relevant topics. e.g. This one is used purely for talking Daggers, other football topics, well the clue is in the name (can also talk about Billericay there too ;-)) and other topics, again clue is in the name.

Reasons I have set it up like that rather than like the old forum is because, 1. It helps organise the threads a bit better and 2. Helps people reading the forum to read the parts they are interested in.

As for the previous Billericay thread, I tried to move it to the other section and accidentally deleted the whole thing, apologises about it
Daggernewbie

Seems no one took any notice.
Auntie Merge

Daggernewbie wrote:Seems no one took any notice.
If you don't want to read the thread I'm sure you can ignore it or not participate,as other forum members seem to do.
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:
If you don't want to read the thread I'm sure you can ignore it or not participate,as other forum members seem to do.
But this is a forum for Dagenham & Redbridge football club not Billericay and looking at the board you are part of Admin so you should imform everyone to put it in the appropriate place as stated by one of your fellow admin if you take a look at what they stated.
Kevin

Daggernewbie wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
But this is a forum for Dagenham & Redbridge football club not Billericay and looking at the board you are part of Admin so you should imform everyone to put it in the appropriate place as stated by one of your fellow admin if you take a look at what they stated.
Or...could revert to the original forum format, and just choose what is or isn't relevant to the individual.

The traffic on here is so low, I can't see what having three separate sections gives - other than increased work for the admins.

Just my opinion though :)
Dagger83

It's ridiculous that people can't even follow simple requests. It's quite a simple system yet so many get it wrong.

Anyway, what do you think of the privatisation of our NHS through the back door?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Paul from Barking

Auntie Merge wrote:
I couldn't agree more - far more preferable to asking and arranging for other people's posts we're not interested in (or don't like) to be deleted, eh? Different standards apply to some special people and other unter-menchen, eh?
admin
Site Admin

Paul from Barking wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
I couldn't agree more - far more preferable to asking and arranging for other people's posts we're not interested in (or don't like) to be deleted, eh? Different standards apply to some special people and other unter-menchen, eh?
For the record, the reason I set up the forum like this was to

1. Make it easier for people to use and navigate the forum (I observed other teams forums and see what worked for them)
2. When I first started it up, people were telling me that they wanted it like this so they don't have to fish through any topics that wasn't relevant to them.

So basically what I'm saying is, I set it up like this for ease of use not just to be deliberately awkward. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to make this forum run and/or look better, then I am open to suggestions.
Dagdale

I think the outlay of this forum with the three separate debate boxes are spot on, sometimes it gets crossed over and confusing but we generally get the zist of what's been bought to attention. I regularly read other club's forums and not being bias this one's not too bad at all and banter with opposing fans on travels ours can come up trumps sometimes, it goes a bit off key here and there but don't they all? Admin does a good job IMO.
admin
Site Admin

Dagdale wrote:I think the outlay of this forum with the three separate debate boxes are spot on, sometimes it gets crossed over and confusing but we generally get the zist of what's been bought to attention. I regularly read other club's forums and not being bias this one's not too bad at all and banter with opposing fans on travels ours can come up trumps sometimes, it goes a bit off key here and there but don't they all? Admin does a good job IMO.
Thanks, much appreciated