FGR Reaction

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Nothing to say but a fantastic, dominant performance that I am unbelievably proud of.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Adrian

Not sure that was the name I was at.
It was a good battling performance but not dominant.

Very lucky not to be behind after the mix up between Donellan and Justham - not sure the 14 managed to pick out Doe with the whole goal to hit.
Robson was excellent in midfield and Whitely worked his nuts off.

A shame I see their players collapse to the floor at every slight touch and that the ref fell for it nearly every time.
Mark

Thought we bossed the game other than 15 mins in the second half. Really good performance. Looked quite tired by the end but still dug out the winner.

They seemed obsessed with passing it around at the back and weren't very good at it. Gave us chances, happy to play against sides who try that.
Diggerthedog

Quiet on here, where is Stanton and were crap and Still is shit army?

Great battling performance which we deserved to win. Thought FGR were poor considering what's at their disposal. The only chance they had first half was from our own error. Very solid display.
Richie

Very enjoyable match, but I also wouldn't say we were dominant. We probably just about shaded it, 1.5-1 would have been a fair reflection I think if possible.

As Adrian said, how they didn't score when Doe cleared off the line was shocking.

Thought Robson and Boucard were our best 2, Whitely's pace was a welcome return too!
Lcbdagger

definite game of varying opinions as I thought we were as dominant as others have stated... maybe it's the poor Home form these last couple of months giving me rose tinted glasses... massive win regardless.

Can't have been a body in the house that didn't see a Doidge goal coming
stanton101

A very enjoyable match today and I think we just about deserved to win it in the end. Can't really recall them having too many chances to be fair. Everyone played their part in an entertaining game and whereby Robson got the motm, I don't think Corey could've been too far behind him. Also credit where credit is due to Still who in putting Robson in the middle was class. One blott on the day was the injury to Donnellan who up until his injury was outstanding.

P.s Anyone seen Guttridge. :D
ARNU

We didn't boss it but we were clearly the better team today. Id have given motm to Robson or Whitely whose tracking.back and winning the ball back and speed was immense. Benson should maybe have come on for Hawkins a bit earlier. Bouchard was on fire today too. Great result and no complaints from me.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

A good win with some good individual performances as well as a good team effort, thought FGR played some good possession football but fortunately no end result, just knew Dioge was going to score but great to see Doe get the winner, after FGR equalised I was thinking the worse was going to happen but the boys dug in and the hard work paid off. What happened at the start of the second half when the referee wouldn't let us make the change and made us start with 10?
Looking at the table I can't help thinking of where we would be if it wasn't for some poor home performances.
BarkingRambo

If you had told me before the game we would not only win but for the majority of the match be the better side I would have probably laughed at you.

Great performance by us especially in midfield. Bouchard, Robson and Whitely stole the show in a pretty good performance by all of us. If I had to say anything bad than Hawkins really wasn't himself today and probably should have been swapped for Benno sooner.
Daggernewbie

My man of the match was Andre Boucard and a few around me thought so to,but overall very pleased with the whole team they certainly put a shift in and deserved the win only down side thought a certain player would score against us.So onward`s now to Barrow this Saturday and get the win up there. C.O.Y.D.
Mike the Dagger

Excellent result. I thought Whitely being back was the difference, gave us some pace and intent going forward. Robson did well out of position. Hawks had a poor one but looked like he'd taken a knock right at the start. Benno probably should have been on earlier.

That played the Edgar Davids Barnet stuff at the back and we kept harrying them on a bobbley pitch and getting them in trouble. The chasing left us running out of steam late on, and i was convinced we were going to lose when they equalised as they score a lot of late goals.

Brilliant stuff to then get the winner.

Another turning point? Maybe.
DI Mike Dashwood

Would agree with Adrian in that I wouldn't say we were "dominant". I thought that apart from minutes 1-20 and 75-85 we were the better team but would never say "dominant" in my view.

I thought Stilly got the original team spot on and Robson did great job in the midfield role. Bit like when Anwar stepped into that role for a few games back in about 05/06. Didn't agree with the subs really. Benno should have been on 10-15 earlier and Bouchs and Robson were both dead on their feet at the time JMD came off. Saying that it worked out in the end!!

Actually really enjoyed the game. Thought it was two good sides both giving it their all, both playing some decent stuff and both trying to win the game.

We won't catch Lincoln, I think we all know that, but we should make the play offs and then if we have the three wingers/attacking midfielders all available as we did yesterday we will have a very good chance against whoever we face.
leewilson

Couldn't make it yesterday but sounds like a Hawkins is struggling at the mo. Possibly is carrying a knock or 2. Don't think it'd hurt to rest him up for a game or 2. Benson has enough nous to step in. Twitter seems to be suggesting we're signing Elliott Romaine from Eastbourne so maybe one ready made to step in if need be.
Adrian

He could probably do with a rest.
He got a knock early yesterday and didn't look comfortable after that.
The service to him at times wasn't very good though- I remember one cross to him in the box all game.

Not sure why some expect him to chase balls that are 40 yards away from him or cover distance at super human speed.