Will we make the play offs?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

It seemed unthinkable even as far as a few weeks ago. But all of a sudden, our position in the play offs looks a little precarious as we move into the back end of the season.

After keeping pace with the league leaders for most of the season, we've suddenly hit mid table form. Our last 19 matches look like this: Won 10, drawn 1, lost 8. Now data like that is skewed heavily towards what I want to show you but I've tried to be unbiased and just chosen when I felt the first real blip was and that was the 5-0 loss to Gateshead at home.

It's a tough one to predict. On one hand, I think some of that form is down to injuries. On the other hand, I think we lack knowhow in certain situations. We've lost more games than most of the teams around us and noticably we've had a lot of 1 goal defeats. Turn a few of them into draws and our position looks a bit kinder.

Will we have the knowledge to consolidate a top 5 spot? Or will 2 of the teams below us go on enough of a run to force us out of a spot?

Thoughts?
ARNU

I think we will be in the play offs but whether we'd go up is a lottery. And if we went up, we'd need practically a new team as this lot would just come straight back down. We lack consistency. We've won games we shouldn't have and lost others we shouldn't have. Best team we've played was Lincoln by a mile ( and we blagged a win) and we've lost to some real dross. We've done well to have been top 5 most of the season so I think we deserve a shot at playoffs.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
IanC

I don't see anyone else other than the 5 already up there changing,it might get a bit tighter but I think we will be ok,and finish 5th.
IanC

oops pressed wrong key.
The only teams with superb league form are the Heed and Lincoln,who will now kick on with only the league to play for.
IanC

definitely think theres something wrong with this keypad.
Us tranny and the others below are not pulling up any trees with their form so we just need to kick on and 5 or 6 wins should see us home.
After being in the top 5 all season it would be real shame to miss out,and if we qualify from what ive seen id take tranny in semis.
Diggerthedog

I think we will just get in the play offs. We don't have on paper another difficult home game so that should see us through. If we finish outside the top 5 I won't be too disappointed, it's been a fantastic season and given most of our best players have signed new contracts we will only be better next year.

When we won the league two play offs we were in form so we need to start picking up to have any chance. Tomorrow a win would see off Aldershot and consolidate our place.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:I think we will be in the play offs but whether we'd go up is a lottery. And if we went up, we'd need practically a new team as this lot would just come straight back down. We lack consistency. We've won games we shouldn't have and lost others we shouldn't have. Best team we've played was Lincoln by a mile ( and we blagged a win) and we've lost to some real dross. We've done well to have been top 5 most of the season so I think we deserve a shot at playoffs.
Why so negative ARNU thinking we would come straight down again who knows what around the corner.
ARNU

Not sure I was being negative particularly. In my opinion this is a team that blows hot and cold, has quite s bit of learning to do and would struggle in league 2. Another season down here might toughen them up a bit. I want us to go up of course but I fear we'd bump around the bottom again.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

The Aldershot match will tell us a lot, whether or not we have the stomach for a fight or we just die a death. Hopefully we'll come away with at least a point and go on a run to secure a playoff place. As well as the teams around us, I wouldn't discount Macclesfield who have games in hand and we still have to go there. Here's hoping.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:Not sure I was being negative particularly. In my opinion this is a team that blows hot and cold, has quite s bit of learning to do and would struggle in league 2. Another season down here might toughen them up a bit. I want us to go up of course but I fear we'd bump around the bottom again.
Fair comment
Dagdale

5 games we've lost in one month, thus sadly top question is getting more negative by the day!
NBDag

No we won't. And judging by the talent in this team it's massive disappointment
daggersjeff

Personally think we've blown it

Tbh I'd rather us not have been challenging at the top.....wouldnt be so much of a disappointment!
Diggerthedog

No
DaggerJoel11

That was a massacre. Delighted that it was only three because that could've been much worse.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''