Worst Ever Player

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Bluenose

FourFourTwo are currently running a feature on “Your Club’s Worst Ever Player”
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/
There are three ex-Daggers on the list.
1. Gavin Tomlin at Crawley Town
2. Bas Savage at both Millwall and Bristol City, and...
3. Exodus Geohoghan, again at two clubs: Port Vale and Peterborough.
I might be alone in this but I rather liked Exodus’s lumbering presence and long throws on the one occasion he graced Victoria Rd
dagger4eva

Exodus is probably the worst of those 3 individuals though thankfully he was quickly shown the door.

Savage on his day was pretty handy.

Tomlin will always be viewed as a massive under achiever - and I don't think i'll ever forget the corner kick V Bath where he managed to kick the flag!
Mark

Tomlin has nicked a living. So poor.
NBDag

Apart from Tomlin's freekick that never was against Southampton he was always poor. But worst player I've ever seen in a Dagenham shirt was Jamie Day. He was something else
CrownDagger

Johnathan Miles goalie we had on loan from Tottenham. Played one game we lost 4-1 at home to Bristol Rovers. His positioning was awful plus he couldn't kick or catch.
Diggerthedog

Anyone that Burnett signed.
A S dagger97

Diggerthedog wrote:Anyone that Burnett signed.
But Fredinand was on a whole new level
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
canveydagger

The worst 3 players for me inc

1) Perry Groves, Played for Col U, Arsenal and Southampton, I know he played for us after leaving the pro game, but this guy was useless, best thing he ever did was get sent off in a game against Stafford Rangers i think and the only thing i can remember he did in about six games for us.

2) Bob Bolder GK who played for Liverpool and Charlton in the 1980's

and 3) Ken Charlery
Mark

When we went down to the Ryman we seemed to have a new player every week who was gone the next. Some of those looked barely above park level. One that stuck in my mind was Tony Reynolds who was so bad.

The best one game wonder ever is probably James Ayres. Half a match away at Nuneaton, couldn't defend at all.

I also remember Ted binning Craig Davidson and replacing him with "bigger and better" Paul Salmon who lasted about 5 games. He was shocking.
ARNU

Ifil , Jamie Day or Tomlin*

*Tomlin was down to Johny hoof playing him out of position and in a hoofball set up. He needed ball to feet.When he went anywhere else he was mustard, like when he came back and scored two belters against us that day for Southend.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Mitchell Springett, Jonathan Miles, Jamie Day.

Honourable mentions for Stuart Douglas, Tristam Whitman and Kirk Game.
Mark

Springett is a good shout.
TommyD&R

Funnily enough it was six years ago yesterday that marvellous Marvin put it over the bar from 1 yard out against Orient
DagenHammer87

Leon Braithwaite who we got from Margate.

Utter, utter shite and has to be a contender
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Ifil , Jamie Day or Tomlin*

*Tomlin was down to Johny hoof playing him out of position and in a hoofball set up. He needed ball to feet.When he went anywhere else he was mustard, like when he came back and scored two belters against us that day for Southend.
Tomlin was so mustard that he's now at Dulwich.