Eastleigh H Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So another important win needed before the quick turnaround for Lincoln on Monday.

Plenty of players in contention and Boucard should be back in the frame. Eastleigh have a decent squad and so they should the money they have spent.

2-1 to us Whitely and Romaine with goals. Att: 1,297 (137 Away)
TommyD&R

Went Eastleigh vs Gateshead on the weekend, they play a back 5 now under Hill and look really difficult to break down. Need to make the most of whatever chances we get. I recon a 1-0 or 1-1
TommyD&R

TommyD&R wrote:Went Eastleigh vs Gateshead on the weekend, they play a back 5 now under Hill and look really difficult to break down. Need to make the most of whatever chances we get. I recon a 1-0 or 1-1
Told you so
DevonDagger

Then again, perhaps not so much... :lol:
leewilson

Well....it's clear as day why Eastleigh have struggled their season. Barely any effort whatsoever.

Nice to see the confidence return to a lot of the players today though. Thought Whitely, Guttridge and Boucaud were superb and Eastleigh just couldn't cope with them.

Dilemma now for Still as I think he had a team in mind for Lincoln on Monday and he may be tempted to keep 1-2 of them in who played so well today. Is it too much to ask for Guttridge and Benson to play again two days later? I think he had Hawkins and Howell in mind to come in but can you leave the former two out?
Mark

I think Benson gives us more than Hawkins anyway but it's just a question of whether his legs can do it. I assume he took him and Guttridge off in order to start them Monday.
ARNU

I was expecting a bit more from Eastleigh to be honest. They were shit. Boucard my motm but whitely with a hat trick you can't take it away from him. I'd start Benno v Lincoln .
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Boucaud will never have an easier game. Get in his face any he'll end up not doing much, but give him the time that Eastleigh did and he'll knock the ball around all game long.
Guttridge was superb with two assists and winning the penalty. Whitely was excellent, had any defender that went near him utterly confused.

Other players I think deserve a mention are Williams and Robson. Williams in a couple of games has shown what we've missed - defends well and gets forward. Robson wins so much in the middle and really helps cover the defence.

I don't understand why people continue to moan about Hawkins not chasing down a ball that's 40 yards away from him - no-one else does either.

Also a special mention for todays officials - couldn't have asked for an easier game and was still awful. The clear foul missed on Romain in the area was shocking, and the linesman failing to give Benno offside after Stack fluffed a kick to Williams was beyond belief.
Chigwellian

Adrian wrote:Boucaud will never have an easier game. Get in his face any he'll end up not doing much, but give him the time that Eastleigh did and he'll knock the ball around all game long.
Guttridge was superb with two assists and winning the penalty. Whitely was excellent, had any defender that went near him utterly confused.

Other players I think deserve a mention are Williams and Robson. Williams in a couple of games has shown what we've missed - defends well and gets forward. Robson wins so much in the middle and really helps cover the defence.

I don't understand why people continue to moan about Hawkins not chasing down a ball that's 40 yards away from him - no-one else does either.

Also a special mention for todays officials - couldn't have asked for an easier game and was still awful. The clear foul missed on Romain in the area was shocking, and the linesman failing to give Benno offside after Stack fluffed a kick to Williams was beyond belief.
He wasn't offside as it came back from an Eastleigh player
Adrian

Chigwellian wrote:
Adrian wrote:Boucaud will never have an easier game. Get in his face any he'll end up not doing much, but give him the time that Eastleigh did and he'll knock the ball around all game long.

He wasn't offside as it came back from an Eastleigh player
Oh dear.
Alan

Benson at 37 is running the line more than Hawkins, who looks rather static by comparison.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done boys excellent effort but my word for the money they have invested they want to call in the trading standards Officer. Hearing reports of total disharmony at halftime travelling home with the Eastleigh fans tonight ,but their biggest moan was not about their team but our pricing policy

Great to see Williams back , might have got something out of ALDERSHOT with him as there is no way in this world he would have beeen undressesed like Shepard was that night.

The Benson or Hawkins question remains just that ,seems to me that Benno is starting to get going after the re cent run of games, one thing is certain is that Benno anticipation is still an asset something If Hawkins could improve upon would take him to the next level. Thought Benno was imense up the top and could it already be written that goals in any Play off his are going to come from him. Should have scored wihen the offside decision went in his favour, the ball was clearly last played / touched by an Eastleigh player .

Can't recall Justham having to do anything other then the corner he completely flapped at first half and and a bal hacked away by Doe that to me he should have come and got.

Clearly obvious that when midfielders play in midfield and Centre halfs play at Centre half you are not going to be chasing your arse up your head and today we saw what we hAve lacked in recent weeks,with Robinson nearing a return things are looking a whole lot brighter.

Great effort boys and I imagine that will send a message to what is fast becoming a shaky Lincoln dressing room
Diggerthedog

Goes to show how good we can be with everyone fit and firing. Yes Eastleigh were poor but we had to much for them. Ayo was out the ground quicker than me!

The front 4 linked brilliantly all match, more of the same on Monday please.
leewilson

Hopefully Williams is ok for tomorrow. He mentioned on twitter that his injury was still niggling. If not, I imagine Donnelan will come in.