Macclesfield..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Yet another tough one away..

A draw probably wouldn't be enough for the Silkmen, so hopefully it'll be a reasonably open game & we can maybe squeak a cheeky win :shock:

Perhaps 2-1 Howell + Benno..

C'mon you Daggers!! 8-)

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 62973.aspx
Richie

I'd take a point!
DevonDagger

This is a tough one to get my head around. In terms of keeping Macclesfield out of the play-off race, yes a draw would be ok. But I don't think it'll do us much favours against the others as I fully expect Dover, Barrow, Gateshead and Aldershot all to win their games. By drawing we'd literally be hanging onto 5th for the fact of Dover being two points behind with a game in hand (which funnily enough - is also Macclesfield but at home). My concern is after being in the top 5 since matchday 1, I just hope if we do drop out of the top 5 at some stage, that heads don't drop thereafter - I hope it wouldn't be a mental sucker punch to the boys.

More on Macclesfield as an opponent today, their recent league form suggests they usually score, but also usually concede, they were also comfortably turned over by York just over a week ago. They've got an FA Trophy final to think about, but I don't expect that to play any part on their focus of today's game - it's not until the 21st May.
I'm hoping Williams will be brought back today. I haven't actually read anything explaining why he was completely left out against Lincoln? I can't really say he'd have made the difference on Monday, but I think I favour him to start over our other options at the moment.
I think Stilly will also stick with both Romain and Benno starting, the time this becomes an issue is when we play both Good Friday and Easter Monday, but it's been 5 days since Lincoln so I expect him to be available.

A win would make me sleep much easier tonight... fingers crossed.
Dagdale

First 40 minutes we were more on the back foot but Gutt's splendid free kick ignited a daggers team into a stronger surge to stride on for the crucial win and to the delight of us 77 walked out well pleased with that. Did the penalty change things in the long run, maybe but it was blatantly one and he had to go. Jordan's substitution certainly took the game to a more comfortable level and to think pity the blip with Lincoln on Monday cause 8 goals in one week is well class. Also nice to join the train home with our well deserved football team. Macclesfield had probably the best in ground facilities in this level I've experienced, long bar with great banter, food and beer well done to them hope they have a great day out at the Twin Towers later next month. Forward to the Wood and let's push those boys on!
IanC

Yeah dale the facilities are well decent in mac,be back to normal Friday mate,see ya there.Sounded on commentary that we pretty much had the better of things the moment they scored,another resounding win like plenty of others this season.Bizarre how we don't do draws ain't it,it's either win or lose,can't ever remember a season like it for so few draws,nothing wrong with that I guess and in the main it's certainly been entertaining one way or another.Great weekend for us with some other results so hopefully and I think we will,wrap it up by bank holiday Monday.And maybe even give Gary a cheeky 3 pts to keep his record intact and the cards in the division.
Finally dale will we be seeing you in Portugal mate for some ale and sun,Eindhoven again!